2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
Desi-girl said:
I guess they are okay to take but they won't be considered as important since a lot more people can travel from abroad to attend your wedding and you can't show them all. What is most important is to show them that your relationship is genuine so show proof between you and your spouse.
Yes,I was also mentioned all my relatives in my visa application.They all was come from Canada on my wedding but that time I don't attach all air-tickets.

sumandeep

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April
AOR Received.
April
File Transfer...
April
Med's Done....
Febuary
Passport Req..
June
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefuly soon..........
Finally my hubby is with me in Canada. thanks to all...........WAHEGURU HAR IK DA BHLLA KRE

TLSD

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 28, 2013
File Transfer...
22-04-2013
Med's Request
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-04-2013
Interview........
Feb.12, 2014
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
❤❤February 18, 2014❤❤
LANDED..........
❤❤❤❤March 3, 2014❤❤❤❤
amrit9 said:
Can we send some more additional supporting documents after submitting the application..... like 7-8 month after? I heard they don't see any additional documents at the interview..Any advise..
Yes do it! Because they will add to ur file ! And review them just prior to ur interview , but don't send originals just copies !

haritsharma

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI/INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 April,2013
AOR Received.
26 APRIL 2013
Med's Done....
2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
Main Points

What we examined

People from other countries—foreign nationals—who want to enter Canada as permanent residents must obtain a Canadian visa. Foreign nationals who want to enter Canada on a temporary basis must also apply for a visa, unless they are from a visa-exempt country. To obtain a visa, foreign nationals must meet all requirements for the category under which they are applying and must be deemed to be admissible. In 2010, 1.36 million visas (including 317,000 permanent resident visas) were processed at Canadian missions in foreign countries.

Admissibility of foreign nationals into Canada falls under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. The Act defines various situations where a foreign national would be inadmissible—for example, if the individual presents a risk to the health, safety, or security of Canadians. Administering the various provisions of the Act is a shared responsibility between Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).

Before issuing a visa, CIC officials must determine that the applicant is admissible to Canada. They are supported in making this determination by the CBSA, which—with the help of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)—coordinates and provides intelligence information related to the applicants.

We examined whether Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Canada Border Services Agency have managed the risks associated with determining admissibility before issuing a visa, in line with the objective of the Act to protect the health, safety, and security of Canadians.

Audit work for this chapter was substantially completed on 29 April 2011.

Why it’s important

Global events in the last decade have changed the nature of threats to Canadian society. Diseases prevalent in other countries that can be transmitted rapidly worldwide, incidents of terrorism, and organized crime around the world have shown the importance of identifying individuals who present a risk and preventing their entry into Canada.

Identifying visa applicants who are inadmissible to Canada is a highly complex process that relies heavily on the judgment and experience of CIC’s visa officers in missions overseas and on the information made available to them. Visa officers are expected to make the best decisions they can with that information in the time they have available. It is critical that visa officers receive from their security and medical partners timely and reliable information on applicants.

What we found

Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Canada Border Services Agency have taken some measures to address long-standing weaknesses in the process of determining whether visa applicants are admissible to Canada. However, deficiencies still exist in the measures used to identify foreign nationals who may be inadmissible for health, safety, or security concerns. CIC and the CBSA lack the necessary tools and information to provide assurance that risks related to the admissibility determination process are properly managed.
Some of the tools and risk indicators that visa officers use to identify inadmissible persons, and to know when to seek advice from security partners, are not kept up to date, nor are they always available. Furthermore, many CBSA analysts who provide security advice to visa officers have not received the necessary formal training to do so. Documentation to support the advice sent to visa officers offered little insight into how the analysts made their assessments, and in many cases not all the checks that should have been done were completed.
CIC lacks guidance on the use of two key criteria used in medical screening—danger to public health and danger to public safety—although it has undertaken some work to explain what they mean. Medical screening to determine danger to public health has focused mainly on the same two diseases for the past 50 years—syphilis and tuberculosis. Although today 56 diseases require national surveillance in Canada, CIC has not reviewed whether foreign nationals should also be subject to mandatory testing for some of these diseases.
CIC and the CBSA do not have systematic quality assurance practices or performance measures in place to know how well they are identifying individuals who are inadmissible because of health, safety, or security concerns. Most quality assurance practices that do exist focus on supporting decisions to refuse a visa. Because those decisions represent a very small percentage of applications each year, this means that the quality of decisions on the vast majority of applications is not reviewed.
The entities have responded. The entities agree with all of our recommendations. Their detailed responses follow the recommendations throughout the chapter.

Introduction

Legislative framework governing admissibility

2.1 The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which came into effect in 2002, governs immigration to Canada. One of its objectives is to protect the health and safety of Canadians and maintain the security of Canadian society. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) are jointly responsible for administering the Act and can deny entry to Canada for many reasons, including health, safety, or security concerns.

2.2 Citizenship and Immigration Canada enables foreign nationals to enter Canada as permanent or temporary residents by issuing visas. Under the Act, all applicants for permanent residence must obtain a visa before they can travel to Canada. A visa is also required for anyone applying for temporary residence, except citizens of countries where the Canadian government has granted a visa exemption. The temporary visa requirement applies to citizens of more than 140 countries. To obtain a visa, foreign nationals must meet all conditions for the category under which they are applying and must be admissible under the Act.

2.3 Officials of the Canada Border Services Agency are responsible for coordinating, with the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), information related to foreign nationals seeking entry into Canada and providing it to CIC officials to use when determining admissibility. Exhibit 2.1 shows the responsibilities for administering the key inadmissibility provisions of the Act related to health, safety, and security.

Exhibit 2.1—Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the Canada Border Services Agency share responsibility for the inadmissibility provisions of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

Section of the Act Responsibility for developing related policies
Section 33: The facts that constitute inadmissibility under sections 34 to 37 include facts for which there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have occurred, are occurring, or may occur. CIC and CBSA
Section 34 (Security): Applicants have engaged in spying, subversion, terrorism, or acts of violence, or they belong to organizations that have engaged in, or will engage in, these activities. CBSA
Section 35 (Human or international rights violations): Applicants have committed war crimes or crimes against humanity. They are or were senior members or officials of a government that has committed acts of terrorism, major human rights violations, genocide, war crimes, or crimes against humanity. CBSA
Section 36 (1) (Serious criminality): Applicants have been convicted of, or have committed, a crime punishable in Canada by a maximum term of imprisonment of at least 10 years.
Section 36 (2) (Criminality): Applicants have been convicted of an offence punishable in Canada or have committed an act that is an offence in Canada.

CIC
Section 37 (Organized criminality): Applicants belong to an organization that is believed to take part in organized criminal activity or to engage in transnational crimes such as people smuggling, trafficking in people, or money laundering. CBSA
Section 38 (Health): Applicants’ health conditions are likely to be a danger to public health or public safety or may cause excessive demands on Canada’s health or social services. CIC
Note: Other provisions related to inadmissibility, such as misrepresentation and financial reasons, were not addressed in the audit.
Source: Adapted from the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act

2.4 In 2010, CIC’s visa officers abroad processed visa applications for 1.04 million people seeking temporary residence and for 317,000 people seeking permanent residence. These officers assess the information provided by applicants, collect additional information if needed, seek health and security advice from federal partners, and make a final decision based on their knowledge, judgment, and use of the tools available to them. Exhibit 2.2 shows the process for determining admissibility.

Exhibit 2.2—Process for determining admissibility when issuing visas

[text version]
2.5 Visa officers work in a very complex operational environment. The type of applications they deal with and the risks to be assessed vary from one country to another. In addition, these officers can have a heavy workload. Meeting annual immigration targets and having service standards of a few days to issue temporary resident visas can make the application review process very demanding.

2.6 Visa officers must also ensure that negative decisions they make are well documented, since their work can be subject to appeals before the Immigration and Refugee Board or judicial reviews by the Federal Court.

2.7 During the audit, immigration services abroad were provided through 86 Canadian missions where about 270 Canada-based officers, 12 medical officers, and 1,305 locally engaged staff—including about 160 locally engaged visa officers—worked.

Our previous audit and subsequent events

RJ1710

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Done....
16-02-2013 and re -Medical : 28-02-2014
Interview........
went well on 20-02-2014
Passport Req..
01-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP- 20-2-2014, DM-12-04-2014
LANDED..........
waiting for passport
Desi-girl said:
Yes, I believe so. There is no harm in taking them because you don't know if the interviewer will see them or not. Take anything and everything to the interview to show them that your marriage is genuine.

Yes it's allowed ... I did carry my wedding album.. As it's a major proof of ur wedding. .

RJ1710

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Done....
16-02-2013 and re -Medical : 28-02-2014
Interview........
went well on 20-02-2014
Passport Req..
01-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP- 20-2-2014, DM-12-04-2014
LANDED..........
waiting for passport
Desi-girl said:
I guess they are okay to take but they won't be considered as important since a lot more people can travel from abroad to attend your wedding and you can't show them all. What is most important is to show them that your relationship is genuine so show proof between you and your spouse.

U shud carry as many as pics u have related to ur marriage date written on that .. invitation cards of marriage is also the major proof..

bhargav786

Feb 23, 2014
HI THERE,
I HAVE MADE AN APPLICATION TO SPONSOR MY SPOUSE FROM INDIA, I WILL SHARE MY EXPERIENCES AND WILL ALSO ASK QUESTIONS IF I HAVE ANY... THANK YOU AND I THINK THIS TYPE OF FORUM IS A GREAT IDEA. TO START, FIRST OF ALL I AM GOING TO SHARE THE DETAILS OF MY APPLICATION, THAT IS AS FOLLOWS:-

PROVINCE WHERE I RESIDE CURRENTLY:- SASKATCHEWAN
DATE OF MARRIAGE:- AUGUST 1ST 2013
DATE WHEN I STARTED MY APPLICATION:- OCTOBER 5TH 2013
FIRST DATE OF APPROVAL (APPROVAL OF FILE FROM MY SIDE, i.e.- MY ELLIGIBILITY AS A SPONSOR) :- OCTOBER 30TH
DATE WHEN MY SPOUSE RECIEVED NOTIFICATION TO SUBMITT PASSPORT, MEDICAL & POLICE VERIFICATION:- NOVEMBER 12TH 2013
DATE WHEN MEDICAL, PASSPORT & POLICE CLEARENCE WERE SUBMITTED FOR MY SPOUSE:- DECEMBER 20TH 2013.

WHEN I APPLIED TO SPONSOR MY SPOUSE WE DID NOT SUBMIT MY SPOUSE'S MEDICAL AND POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE, THE REASONG BEING, SHE TRIED TO INQUIRE ABOUT THAT BUT WAS MISS-GUIDED OR MAY BE BECAUSE OF ANY MISSCOMMUNICATION WE THOUGHT THAT POLICE CLEARENCE AND MEDICAL REPORTS SHOULD BE SENT WHEN THEY DEMAND FOR THAT, WE SENT THE FORM AND GOT A COMMUNICATION FROM THEM WHICH ADVICED TO SEND POLICE CLEARENCE, MEDICAL AND THE ALSO DEMANDED THE PASSPORT TO NEW DELHI, WE SENT EVERYTHING TO NEW DELHI AS PER THIER NOTIFICATION, SINCE THEN THERE IS NO UPDATES IN APPLICATION STATUS. NOW THE QUERRY IS, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR US TO GET THE VISA, DO THEY NORMALLY ASK FOR PASS-PORT IN BEGINNING ITSELF OR LATER? I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT NO ONE CAN KEEP OUR PASSPORT FOR MORE THAN 3 MONTHS, CAN ANY ONE PLEASE TELL WHAT TIME WILL THAT TAKE TO GET ANY RESULT, AND IF MY APPLICATION IS NOT NORMAL THAN HOW IS IT NORMALY? I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT I CAN CHECK THE STATUS BY ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT BY PAYING $5, BUT THAT REQUIRES THE CONSENT LETTER FROM MY SPOUSE, SO WHAT IS THE CORRECT WAY OF WRITING A CONSENT LETTER FROM MY WIFE FOR THIS PURPOSE? SHOULD WE NOTARIZE THAT AS WELL? I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE REPLIES, THANK YOU AND REGARDS.

bhargav786

Feb 23, 2014
GulzarND said:
Dear Friends,

I request to all the new applicants of the Spouse Visa Category of this Year (2013) to join this Forum and let us exchange our views and experience to help each other inorder to get the SPEEDY PROCESS for our PR Applications !!!!!
HI THERE,
I HAVE MADE AN APPLICATION TO SPONSOR MY SPOUSE FROM INDIA, I WILL SHARE MY EXPERIENCES AND WILL ALSO ASK QUESTIONS IF I HAVE ANY... THANK YOU AND I THINK THIS TYPE OF FORUM IS A GREAT IDEA. TO START, FIRST OF ALL I AM GOING TO SHARE THE DETAILS OF MY APPLICATION, THAT IS AS FOLLOWS:-

FIRST DATE OF APPROVAL (APPROVAL OF FILE FROM MY SIDE, i.e.- MY ELLIGIBILITY AS A SPONSOR) :- OCTOBER 30TH
DATE WHEN MY SPOUSE RECIEVED NOTIFICATION TO SUBMITT PASSPORT, MEDICAL & POLICE VERIFICATION:- NOVEMBER 12TH 2013
DATE WHEN MEDICAL, PASSPORT & POLICE CLEARENCE WERE SUBMITTED FOR MY SPOUSE:- DECEMBER 20TH 2013.

WHEN I APPLIED TO SPONSOR MY SPOUSE WE DID NOT SUBMIT MY SPOUSE'S MEDICAL AND POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE, THE REASONG BEING, SHE TRIED TO INQUIRE ABOUT THAT BUT WAS MISS-GUIDED OR MAY BE BECAUSE OF ANY MISSCOMMUNICATION WE THOUGHT THAT POLICE CLEARENCE AND MEDICAL REPORTS SHOULD BE SENT WHEN THEY DEMAND FOR THAT, WE SENT THE FORM AND GOT A COMMUNICATION FROM THEM WHICH ADVICED TO SEND POLICE CLEARENCE, MEDICAL AND THE ALSO DEMANDED THE PASSPORT TO NEW DELHI, WE SENT EVERYTHING TO NEW DELHI AS PER THIER NOTIFICATION, SINCE THEN THERE IS NO UPDATES IN APPLICATION STATUS. NOW THE QUERRY IS, HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR US TO GET THE VISA, DO THEY NORMALLY ASK FOR PASS-PORT IN BEGINNING ITSELF OR LATER? I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT NO ONE CAN KEEP OUR PASSPORT FOR MORE THAN 3 MONTHS, CAN ANY ONE PLEASE TELL WHAT TIME WILL THAT TAKE TO GET ANY RESULT, AND IF MY APPLICATION IS NOT NORMAL THAN HOW IS IT NORMALY? I HAVE ALSO HEARD THAT I CAN CHECK THE STATUS BY ACCESS TO INFORMATION ACT BY PAYING $5, BUT THAT REQUIRES THE CONSENT LETTER FROM MY SPOUSE, SO WHAT IS THE CORRECT WAY OF WRITING A CONSENT LETTER FROM MY WIFE FOR THIS PURPOSE? SHOULD WE NOTARIZE THAT AS WELL? I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE REPLIES, THANK YOU AND REGARDS.

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 25-11-2013 DM 19-01-2014
LANDED..........
23-01-2014 :)
bhargav786 said:
HI THERE,

hi and welcome to this forum.........u are an oct applicant right now new delhi is processing june applicant and still a lot of backlog is awaiting from 2012 onward till may2013...........right now the processing time for new delhi is 12 months..........so by the time your wife gets her visa it shld be month of june/july 2014.......
new delhi requests for the pp in the very early stage of the application and if u have sent them the medicals and pcc with the passport u are ok.....it happens ...yes u can apply for gcms notes but since u have already got the passport request (ppr) its too early for u too apply right now coz in your applications nothing wld have started since they working on june applicants and u are an oct applicant..........below my signature is the link to apply for the notes step by step .....its easy and simple to understand ..hope all this information helps..................good luck and speedy visa :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
sumandeep said:
Finally my hubby is with me in Canada. thanks to all...........WAHEGURU HAR IK DA BHLLA KRE
Wow thats quick! :D finally hes with you. Soo happy for you. All the best for the future. :D

Peerzad

Aug 28, 2008
VanCity BC
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October-2013
Doc's Request.
25-06-2014
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
File Transfer...
24-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-24-2014
Passport Req..
08-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
In Processs Dec 4th 2014
LANDED..........
God knows when
Okay, lets say we mail in the passport, and somehow the NDVO didn't received it, will they ask you for it again or not, if yes after how long? I am just worried because we sent the passport from Afghanistan by British Royal Mail Air Mail special stamps for the forces on them, but no way to track it...

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
Peerzad said:
Okay, lets say we mail in the passport, and somehow the NDVO didn't received it, will they ask you for it again or not, if yes after how long? I am just worried because we sent the passport from Afghanistan by British Royal Mail Air Mail special stamps for the forces on them, but no way to track it...
When did you mail passport to NDVO?

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
Peerzad said:
Did the post office tell you approximately how many days it will take to get to NDVO? When did you mail your passport? Give it another week just in case the passport is taking a longer route to get to its destination or there are other unforeseen circumstances where the delivery is delayed. Then
you can apply for GCMS after you have passed the time when NDVO should have gotten your passport. On the GCMS notes, there is a section where it states when the passport was received. So if they got it or didn't then you would know.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
sumandeep said:
Congrats! That is so nice that you are both together at last. Have a happy married life together.