Jan 22 2013
Passport Req..
June-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 31 2014
LANDED..........
Sometime in February
bhupi80singh said:
From my brother's file I couldn't understand one thing that he was interviewed and if VO has also made a determination about the outcome then it is out of normal procedure to do further reviewing. I think it's good for us that they haven't completely made determination just based on the interview but also doing further investigation. When the file came to ND it was recommended for double interview which i never head. Anybody else in the group knows about it?

Thanks!
Double interview could mean they bring both your brother and his wife to the interview AND look for inconsistencies.

bhatiameghna

Dec 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 may 2013
File Transfer...
june 2013
Med's Request
sent with the application in may 2013
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in process since 4 dec 2013 , medical received on 17dec 2013
LANDED..........
DM- 12 jan 2013
user828 said:
I am sorry but you are mistaken, you need to apply for SIN ( via HRCC ) - they don't provide that at the aiport
I am not mistaken actually. I did not apply for it and i got it at the airport in the immigration section. I have fot the sin no and the card will be delivered in 3 weeks.

bhatiameghna

Dec 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 may 2013
File Transfer...
june 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DM- 12 jan 2013
DVA said:
Hey Megha! Glad you landed safe,,,all the best for your G1 :)

Btw...did you take print outs of the B4 and your jellwelry before flying and present at the customs? Did they ask you to open bags or just all paperwork?
Thankyou :)
I told them even before they asked me that im being immigrated today and i have jewelry worth rs .... And i have this much us dollars.
U need to carry the pictures of the goods that will follow later and not the ones that u r carrying with u...after collecting the luggage u need to go to the good to declare section where all this will be discussed.
Good luck :)

bhatiameghna

Dec 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 may 2013
File Transfer...
june 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DM- 12 jan 2013
Desi-girl said:
YAY!!! You made it :p :p :p :p :p
You must be so relieved to get through customs. Thank you for sharing your experiences at the airport.
Have a wonderful life with your husband.
Thanks desi girl :)
Yeah i was a bit nervous but i am a good actor too so i made such an innocent face and the thing that is very important is that i told them everything od whatever i carried with me...thats important !

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
bhatiameghna said:
Thankyou :)
I told them even before they asked me that im being immigrated today and i have jewelry worth rs .... And i have this much us dollars.
U need to carry the pictures of the goods that will follow later and not the ones that u r carrying with u...after collecting the luggage u need to go to the good to declare section where all this will be discussed.
Good luck :)
Thanks Megha....sorry for kureding again...but just checking...so you filled the b4 at the airport and not before you flew right?

bhatiameghna

Dec 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 may 2013
File Transfer...
june 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DM- 12 jan 2013
waiting 2 exhale said:
glad to hear you have reached Canada safely.....so no display of all the jewelry on the table and asking to wear one piece at a time to see how you look with each piece of jewelery? cold enough for you? good luck with the settlement....with you gone to Canada, no more fun trying to figure who I am
Hahah w2e Its 3 45 am here and see i am talking to u guys...cold ? You kidding me ? It is extremely cold weather for somebody like me who has witnessed dilli ki garmi all these years ...

bhatiameghna

Dec 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 may 2013
File Transfer...
june 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DM- 12 jan 2013
chams said:
I believe you had a warm (LoL) welcome here. Hope you adjust to jet-lag quickly.
Did they give the SIN at the immigration itself? That's new, i guess.
Did you submit the hard copy of photos?
Warm ??? Stepped out to get into the car in -17 how warm it could get ...!!!
U have to submit the hard copy of the photos are not with u but will follow and mention their description n net worth in the form they will provide there also the things must be used and personal.

bhatiameghna

Dec 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 may 2013
File Transfer...
june 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DM- 12 jan 2013
SN0206 said:
Welcome to Canada! :D :D :D hope you are enjoying with snow haha and take care of urself. :) so happy you are here. ;) all the best for the future and thanks for the update. :D :D :D Good luck for the g1 license! Its simple. ;) thanks for the luck. :D
Thankyoiu so much :) health card license bank account... So many stuff lined up !!! :D
Happy being with my family !! :)

bhatiameghna

Dec 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 may 2013
File Transfer...
june 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DM- 12 jan 2013
anupam said:
Has meghna reached toronto or not? Myrah have a safe flight....
Yeah anupam im here and its snow snow everywhere...:D

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
bhatiameghna said:
I am not mistaken actually. I did not apply for it and i got it at the airport in the immigration section. I have fot the sin no and the card will be delivered in 3 weeks.
I asked immigration officer about this today and he said its not possible ( after reading your post ). I checked around

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/guide/obtaining_your_SIN-obtenir_lassurance_sociale.aspx

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/sin/apply/how.shtml

Nowhere it shows that you get it at the airport? Unless it's a new system which doesn't show anywhere. You get your PR in the mail but not SIN

I would like to know if anyone else has got SIN at the airport - this is indeed interesting

Opened a thread in general immigration - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sin-at-the-airport-while-landing-t182539.0.html

bhatiameghna

Dec 24, 2013
india
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 may 2013
File Transfer...
june 2013
Med's Request
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DM- 12 jan 2013
user828 said:
I asked immigration officer about this today and he said its not possible ( after reading your post ). I checked around

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/guide/obtaining_your_SIN-obtenir_lassurance_sociale.aspx

Nowhere it shows that you get it at the airport? Unless it's a new system which doesn't show anywhere. You get your PR in the mail but not SIN

I would like to know if anyone else has got SIN at the airport - this is indeed interesting

Opened a thread in general immigration - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/sin-at-the-airport-while-landing-t182539.0.html
See i have a paper in which my sin no is mentioned and other details..the officer told me that u will get it delivered to ur address by 3 weeks !!
Maybe its new.! But i have experienced it 2 days back so ofcourse i know better what happened at the airport.
Thanks

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
bhatiameghna said:
still following Indian time? or following the same pattern of not sleeping at night? yes they have changed the procedure. It used to be carry all your identity proofs and go to service Canada office apply and wait for few days to get it in the mail..they have made life easier over there while NDVO makes life harder here

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
user828 said:

there was one more forum member who had reported that he/she got SIN card at the airport..then many discussions followed and then we all agreed maybe it is done only at Toronto Pearson airport...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
bhatiameghna said:
See i have a paper in which my sin no is mentioned and other details..the officer told me that u will get it delivered to ur address by 3 weeks !!
Maybe its new.! But i have experienced it 2 days back so ofcourse i know better what happened at the airport.
Thanks
waiting 2 exhale said:
still following Indian time? or following the same pattern of not sleeping at night? yes they have changed the procedure. It used to be carry all your identity proofs and go to service Canada office apply and wait for few days to get it in the mail..they have made life easier over there while NDVO makes life harder here
I am not doubting your reply, I am just curious that this is something only possible at airport landings? when we flagpoled today via Peace Arch border , officer said you need to apply for SIN, its not given at time of landing - if this is a new procedure, then I assume it should be standardized everywhere

Waiting to exhale - you have any place I can read up on this new procedure

waiting 2 exhale said:
there was one more forum member who had reported that he/she got SIN card at the airport..then many discussions followed and then we all agreed maybe it is done only at Toronto Pearson airport...
I see, thanx for that - so exclusive for Pearson only-lets see what Myrah says, I assume she would have landed via Pearson

So SIN 3 weeks and PR - 60 days?

petersiddle28

Oct 12, 2013
If there is a call from NDVO, and they said "we have question" - ( missed the call ), this means question(s) as in interview style, or a single question. This was a local ( Indian I assume ) person calling