+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

vstar

Feb 28, 2013
My wife finally got her PP back today. 6 days after DM was changed. They didn't call, just a courier showed up and dropped off the package.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
vstar said:
My wife finally got her PP back today. 6 days after DM was changed. They didn't call, just a courier showed up and dropped off the package.

File sent: May 15
Meds: March 23
Sponsor Approval: June 8
PPR: June 23
IP: November 15
DM: Jan 5th
Congrats!! You are officially kicked out if the forum. All the best in your future and have a happy married life :D

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
vikasgandhi said:
thanks!!
you said people who applied in december already received sponsor approval. Well, was someone who sent later than 3rd december and received it? if yes i am calling them first thing on monday morning.
Sorry, I meant those who applied in Nov got late responses as almost no work was done in Dec. So its not surprising that being Dec applicant, your response will be a little late. But it doesn't hurt to follow up on Monday.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
happyjoyjoy said:
hey guys ;D I have a question for the seniors , my wifes medical was done last year march 26th 2012 . I heard medical is valid for 1 year and when I get to the expiration date of the medical will the Canadian immigration asks me to renew it or should I get it done before it expires ??
You mean March 26th, 2013 right ;) ? Your medicals will be expired when the NDVO will start processing your application, so they will ask you to redo them and will have to send you the letter asking for re-medicals. From what I understand, you will not be able to redo medicals unless you show the doctor the letter from NDVO asking for redoing the medicals.

If you are lucky, NDVO might extend the expiry date for a few months. Usually they automatically keep the expiry date approximately 2 weeks from the date of medicals done, so actually, you medicals will expire sometime in April.

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
congrats guys for pp back with the shiny visa. So finally over it. All the best in the future and your loved ones too. Have a safe flight to Canada. :)

SN0206

Champion Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2013
File Transfer...
april 2013
Passport Req..
may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Feb 12 DM: Apr 15
Desi-girl said:
News Release — Sustained high numbers of visas issued from Chandigarh and New Delhi missions in 2013

Anandpur Sahib, January 10, 2014 — Canada is a destination of choice for visitors, students and business travellers from India. A high number of visitor visas (84,672) and study permits (13,613) were issued from Canada's Chandigarh and New Delhi offices between January and December 2013, the Honourable Tim Uppal, Minister of State for Multiculturalism announced today at the Pravasi Punjabi Divas Sammelan conference in Anandpur Sahib.

The Business Express Program (BEP), in place in India since June 2008, is another example of Canada's commitment to facilitating linkages between our two countries. The BEP was created to provide qualified businesses and their employees with a number of service advantages, including less paperwork, priority processing of visa applications, and a dedicated service to respond to the needs of those within the program.

Several new tools have been put in place to attract visitors to Canada and facilitate their travel. For example, in July 2011, the duration of multiple-entry visas was extended from five to ten years, allowing visitors to enter and exit Canada for up to six months at a time over a ten-year period. In addition, parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents are now eligible to apply for the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which is also valid for up to ten years and allows parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time.

Quick facts
The number of visitor visas issued in 2013 represents an increase of 73% since 2008.
The number of study permits represents an increase of more that 321% since 2008.
Between January and December of 2013, 2,793 visas were issued under the BEP.

Quotes
“Canada and India share close people-to-people ties, which are demonstrated by the large numbers of Indians coming to Canada to work, study and visit.”
- Tim Uppal, Minister of State (Multiculturalism)

“I am pleased to announce that Canada continues to be a destination of choice for visitors, students and business travellers from India, as shown by the substantial increase since 2008 of visitor visas and study permits from the Punjab region.”

Follow us on Twitter (new window to unfollow or login):

twitter.com/CitImmCanada

Photo of Minister of State Uppal is available.

For further information (media only), please contact:

Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations @ cic.gc.ca

Building a stronger Canada: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) strengthens Canada's economic, social and cultural prosperity, helping ensure Canadian safety and security while managing one of the largest and most generous immigration programs in the world.

Who are they trying to fool? How could the number of visas issued be higher than the other years? Come on Tim Uppal, NDVO was on strike for 6 months and took all of December off. Plus, a lot of 2012 applicants are still waiting.

I will bet a lot of applicants are angry and have shown it so Tim Uppal is trying to do some damage control by showing that they have been productive rather than asleep, or they have been checking out the forum.
So sick of reading this story. It just seems that Tim Uppal doesnt bother about this spousal visas. Cant forget how many applicants like us were angry with them when it was on strike for 6 months. Thanks for posting the news. Anyways, i hope you will get the visa sooon when they start on July applicants. God bless you desi girl. :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
SN0206 said:
So sick of reading this story. It just seems that Tim Uppal doesnt bother about this spousal visas. Cant forget how many applicants like us were angry with them when it was on strike for 6 months. Thanks for posting the news. Anyways, i hope you will get the visa sooon when they start on July applicants. God bless you desi girl. :)
Thanks SN0206, for your wishes. We are all anxious and trying to wait this out patiently. You have been waiting for longer than I have so I hope you get your visa soon too, before I do :) I hope all the Jan to June 2013 applicants are all cleared before July processing starts.

CECILC0812

Dec 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
May 2013
Re: Dependent/spouse visa NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

could anyone who received "acknowledgment of receipt" letter from NDVO after file moved to Delhi, confirm that acknowledgment of receipt letter also includes the part in which passport is requested.
we submitted a case specific en query to have our email updated as it was entered incorrectly in NDVO system. we got a response stating that our request is noted but no response what soever to our request to resend the email to the correct email address.any suggestion how could we get the email sent to us.

second question, we applied for GCMS on Dec first week and we received a letter stating extension of 60 days needed to respond to GCMS request. is that normal? cos the first time we applied for GCMS we received the note in less than 3 weeks.

PW87

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Baroda, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desi-girl said:
News Release — Sustained high numbers of visas issued from Chandigarh and New Delhi missions in 2013

Anandpur Sahib, January 10, 2014 — Canada is a destination of choice for visitors, students and business travellers from India. A high number of visitor visas (84,672) and study permits (13,613) were issued from Canada's Chandigarh and New Delhi offices between January and December 2013, the Honourable Tim Uppal, Minister of State for Multiculturalism announced today at the Pravasi Punjabi Divas Sammelan conference in Anandpur Sahib.

The Business Express Program (BEP), in place in India since June 2008, is another example of Canada's commitment to facilitating linkages between our two countries. The BEP was created to provide qualified businesses and their employees with a number of service advantages, including less paperwork, priority processing of visa applications, and a dedicated service to respond to the needs of those within the program.

Several new tools have been put in place to attract visitors to Canada and facilitate their travel. For example, in July 2011, the duration of multiple-entry visas was extended from five to ten years, allowing visitors to enter and exit Canada for up to six months at a time over a ten-year period. In addition, parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents are now eligible to apply for the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which is also valid for up to ten years and allows parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time.

Quick facts
The number of visitor visas issued in 2013 represents an increase of 73% since 2008.
The number of study permits represents an increase of more that 321% since 2008.
Between January and December of 2013, 2,793 visas were issued under the BEP.

Quotes
“Canada and India share close people-to-people ties, which are demonstrated by the large numbers of Indians coming to Canada to work, study and visit.”

“I am pleased to announce that Canada continues to be a destination of choice for visitors, students and business travellers from India, as shown by the substantial increase since 2008 of visitor visas and study permits from the Punjab region.”

Follow us on Twitter (new window to unfollow or login):

twitter.com/CitImmCanada

Photo of Minister of State Uppal is available.

For further information (media only), please contact:

Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations @ cic.gc.ca

Building a stronger Canada: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) strengthens Canada's economic, social and cultural prosperity, helping ensure Canadian safety and security while managing one of the largest and most generous immigration programs in the world.

Who are they trying to fool? How could the number of visas issued be higher than the other years? Come on Tim Uppal, NDVO was on strike for 6 months and took all of December off. Plus, a lot of 2012 applicants are still waiting.

I will bet a lot of applicants are angry and have shown it so Tim Uppal is trying to do some damage control by showing that they have been productive rather than asleep, or they have been checking out the forum.

I was planning to visit his office next week. Looking at this, i will ask him few more questions.

vikasgandhi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-12-2013
Med's Done....
novemeber mid.
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
ip on 09 july, wishing for quick DM
happyjoyjoy said:
my file was at cic-m nov4th and I just got my sponsorship approval yesterday on 10th of jan , I know how you feel but hang in there and calling them there is no point cuz I called 10 times and got different answers everytime! I would give them 60 to 75 days atleast, I kno they say its 28 days for 1st step but that's all bs. the back up is cuz of the holidays
hey thanks.. that consoles me but little.. are you planning on just waiting like everyone else. or any plans on applying for tourist visa? as i see there are chances of getting tourist visa and bringing our spouses with us for a few months atleast

vikasgandhi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-12-2013
Med's Done....
novemeber mid.
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
ip on 09 july, wishing for quick DM
Desi-girl said:
Sorry, I meant those who applied in Nov got late responses as almost no work was done in Dec. So its not surprising that being Dec applicant, your response will be a little late. But it doesn't hurt to follow up on Monday.
yeah i ll atleast give them a call and see what they have to say about it.
thanks though.

august27applicant

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-09-2013
Med's Done....
July 2013
Passport Req..
10-10-2013(but email entered incorrectly so we sent it on 8th Jan)

CECILC0812 said:
could anyone who received "acknowledgment of receipt" letter from NDVO after file moved to Delhi, confirm that acknowledgment of receipt letter also includes the part in which passport is requested.
we submitted a case specific en query to have our email updated as it was entered incorrectly in NDVO system. we got a response stating that our request is noted but no response what soever to our request to resend the email to the correct email address.any suggestion how could we get the email sent to us.

second question, we applied for GCMS on Dec first week and we received a letter stating extension of 60 days needed to respond to GCMS request. is that normal? cos the first time we applied for GCMS we received the note in less than 3 weeks.
Hi Cecil, we applied for the notes on Dec 1, but received them 36 days later when my husband(the sponsor) wrote to them. On the notes, we saw that not only was my email id entered incorrectly, but my passport number as well. This is the reason we never got a PPR sent on October 10. I sent the passport to them with a cover letter and the notes pages. Like you, even we wrote a case specific inquiry but have only received the acknowledgement. Both I and my husband have done this, we've both gotten automated generic emails.

CECILC0812

Dec 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 2013
Med's Done....
May 2013

CECILC0812 said:

august27applicant said:
Hi Cecil, we applied for the notes on Dec 1, but received them 36 days later when my husband(the sponsor) wrote to them. On the notes, we saw that not only was my email id entered incorrectly, but my passport number as well. This is the reason we never got a PPR sent on October 10. I sent the passport to them with a cover letter and the notes pages. Like you, even we wrote a case specific inquiry but have only received the acknowledgement. Both I and my husband have done this, we've both gotten automated generic emails.
Thanks a ton for the reply august27applicant. Which section of GCMS notes you were able to find out about passport request sent to you on Oct 10? was it Under correspondance? if yes, then was it mentioned under incoming or outgoing
awaiting you response..

angelish

Oct 30, 2013
chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06/06/2013
File Transfer...
09/07/2013
Passport Req..
23/07/2013
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting.........
when i open my ecas i see 2 application statuses
1 sponsership application status -- which is decision made
2 permanent residence application status -- which is application recieved (in which latest update is medical result recieved)

i am confused what is the next step after this???and which status will change???