Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
lavsthiva said:
OMG guys....gt my pp back with shiny visa.... :) :) :)......thank you all of u guys....fr helping me out in evrythng....
Myrah u r a genius girl :-*....i gt my pp back today just as u predicted i would....dnt wrry i ll pray fr u and all others....hope u all get ur visas soon.....thank you guys sooo very much
Congrats and Have a happy married life with your spouse!!!! ;D ;D ;D

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Hi, I have posted the case of my brother earlier and now adding an update. His visa was denied first time and appeal too. Then a fresh application was submitted in 2012 and his interview was conducted at ND on May 2, 2013. We didn't hear back anything from the embassy till now. I have filed for GCMNotes last month and 30 days will be up next week. Today his status online is showing "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." How long would it take to know the outcome and can we expect the kind of output?

Thanks!

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
JakkasJogi said:

Received passport today with not so shiny visa. Visa stamp indicates that it was issued on 03-JAN. DM showed up on 05-JAN on ecas. And received pp today, 11-JAN

Regards,
Jogi

Many Congrats! Have a happy married life in your bright future :D

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
bhupi80singh said:
Hi, I have posted the case of my brother earlier and now adding an update. His visa was denied first time and appeal too. Then a fresh application was submitted in 2012 and his interview was conducted at ND on May 2, 2013. We didn't hear back anything from the embassy till now. I have filed for GCMNotes last month and 30 days will be up next week. Today his status online is showing "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision." How long would it take to know the outcome and can we expect the kind of output?

Thanks!
couple of days to one week..check Myrah's spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArjKIJSYT22GdDVSZ0JReGtVa25fMERwcXNkaklnLUE#gid=0

as for decision, how does your brother feel about the interview? did visa officer react favorably to the answers or not? at the time of interview, visa officer tells upfront if a visa has been granted or not but other times you have to find out after receiving the passport back...it could be positive or negative

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
bhupi80singh said:

Thanks!
NDVO should be sending a letter about the decision within the week so he will find out before Friday. Because the interview was in May, they took all this time to look at all supporting documents to come to their decision.

With NDVO, one can always expect surprises and unpredictability so it is difficult to say whether the DM is positive or negative. I am leaning more towards it being good news this time because they could have rejected it outright after the interview or even a few months after the interview. When did it go into IP on ECAS?

All the best and I hope I am right.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Hey Waiting 2 exhale, 2 more posts for 1000 for you. YAY!! :p PARTY TIME!!

Are you going to celebrate with champagne?

bhupi80singh

Aug 5, 2013
Hi, thanks for the reply. It was in IP for more than 6 months. This time during the interview, they didn't ask many questions and the interpreter was kind of rude to him. He told after the few minutes that we are not giving you visa now and will contact you soon by mail. But, I don't know why it took so long. It seems either they were during their background check/processing or his file was at the bottom of the table and they didn't bother to touch until I put the GCMNotes request. It's been 5 years for their marriage but both families are suffering the pain just because they feel this marriage is not legitimate. I don't understand what could be more convincing to it.

Thanks!

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
vikasgandhi said:
hi, my wife's file was received on 3rd of december at missisuaga, they sent the confirmation of receival sooner, but since than i havent heard from them. its 11th jan and no signs whether i am eligible to sponsor or not.
what should i do? is it a something to worry about.
Everyone who applied in December has gotten sponsor approval a little later than usual because of Christmas holidays. You should get the email in a few days if you havent missed it already. Did you check your spam folder?
If you don't get anything in a few days, call the office at 1-888-242-2100 to inquire about your SA.

Wishing you a speedy processing :)

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
News Release — Sustained high numbers of visas issued from Chandigarh and New Delhi missions in 2013

Anandpur Sahib, January 10, 2014 — Canada is a destination of choice for visitors, students and business travellers from India. A high number of visitor visas (84,672) and study permits (13,613) were issued from Canada's Chandigarh and New Delhi offices between January and December 2013, the Honourable Tim Uppal, Minister of State for Multiculturalism announced today at the Pravasi Punjabi Divas Sammelan conference in Anandpur Sahib.

The Business Express Program (BEP), in place in India since June 2008, is another example of Canada's commitment to facilitating linkages between our two countries. The BEP was created to provide qualified businesses and their employees with a number of service advantages, including less paperwork, priority processing of visa applications, and a dedicated service to respond to the needs of those within the program.

Several new tools have been put in place to attract visitors to Canada and facilitate their travel. For example, in July 2011, the duration of multiple-entry visas was extended from five to ten years, allowing visitors to enter and exit Canada for up to six months at a time over a ten-year period. In addition, parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents are now eligible to apply for the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which is also valid for up to ten years and allows parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for up to 24 months at a time.

Quick facts
The number of visitor visas issued in 2013 represents an increase of 73% since 2008.
The number of study permits represents an increase of more that 321% since 2008.
Between January and December of 2013, 2,793 visas were issued under the BEP.

Quotes
“Canada and India share close people-to-people ties, which are demonstrated by the large numbers of Indians coming to Canada to work, study and visit.”
- Tim Uppal, Minister of State (Multiculturalism)

“I am pleased to announce that Canada continues to be a destination of choice for visitors, students and business travellers from India, as shown by the substantial increase since 2008 of visitor visas and study permits from the Punjab region.”
- Tim Uppal, Minister of State (Multiculturalism)

Follow us on Twitter (new window to unfollow or login):

twitter.com/CitImmCanada

Photo of Minister of State Uppal is available.

For further information (media only), please contact:

Media Relations
Communications Branch
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
613-952-1650
CIC-Media-Relations @ cic.gc.ca

Building a stronger Canada: Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) strengthens Canada's economic, social and cultural prosperity, helping ensure Canadian safety and security while managing one of the largest and most generous immigration programs in the world.

Who are they trying to fool? How could the number of visas issued be higher than the other years? Come on Tim Uppal, NDVO was on strike for 6 months and took all of December off. Plus, a lot of 2012 applicants are still waiting.

I will bet a lot of applicants are angry and have shown it so Tim Uppal is trying to do some damage control by showing that they have been productive rather than asleep, or they have been checking out the forum.

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
Here is the link, if anyone wants it.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2014/2014-01-10.asp

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
Desi-girl said:
Hey Waiting 2 exhale, 2 more posts for 1000 for you. YAY!! :p PARTY TIME!!

Are you going to celebrate with champagne?

How many of them regarding gender :p

vikasgandhi

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-12-2013
Med's Done....
novemeber mid.
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
22-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
ip on 09 july, wishing for quick DM
Desi-girl said:
Everyone who applied in December has gotten sponsor approval a little later than usual because of Christmas holidays. You should get the email in a few days if you havent missed it already. Did you check your spam folder?
If you don't get anything in a few days, call the office at 1-888-242-2100 to inquire about your SA.

Wishing you a speedy processing :)
thanks!!
you said people who applied in december already received sponsor approval. Well, was someone who sent later than 3rd december and received it? if yes i am calling them first thing on monday morning.

happyjoyjoy

Star Member
Dec 8, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga/new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov4/2013
AOR Received.
nov23/2013
Med's Done....
march26/2013
vikasgandhi said:
thanks!!
you said people who applied in december already received sponsor approval. Well, was someone who sent later than 3rd december and received it? if yes i am calling them first thing on monday morning.
my file was at cic-m nov4th and I just got my sponsorship approval yesterday on 10th of jan , I know how you feel but hang in there and calling them there is no point cuz I called 10 times and got different answers everytime! I would give them 60 to 75 days atleast, I kno they say its 28 days for 1st step but that's all bs. the back up is cuz of the holidays

happyjoyjoy

Star Member
Dec 8, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga/new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov4/2013
AOR Received.
nov23/2013
Med's Done....
march26/2013
hey guys ;D I have a question for the seniors , my wifes medical was done last year march 26th 2012 . I heard medical is valid for 1 year and when I get to the expiration date of the medical will the Canadian immigration asks me to renew it or should I get it done before it expires ??