06-05-2014
Passport Req..
submitted without a request may 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
hot90 said:
When visa officer said on interview they will send us by email decision of our application why they send by post

not on email
can you provide us background to your case? how long were you married? what is your timeline? under what category did you apply? (married/conjugal/common-law) if you want to keep things private, just provide basic details..we are trying to figure out if you had any red flags like short term relationship. religions different, age difference, leaving immediately to Canada after marriage..things like that

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
Desi-girl said:
I am sorry dear, but this seems like an official letter. I think they mailed it to you so that it isn't lost in the email or spam folder as some applicants do not receive emails from NDVO and this is an important document. They wanted to make sure you received.

Go ahead with the appeal. NDVO is unfair in being so quick to reject and dismiss your case. Show them who is boss and who is right (YOU ARE!!). We are all rooting for you to win the appeal. Any anytime you have any more questions, we will always be here to try to answer them. Good Luck!
it is really unfair to the applicant by not providing the reasons for rejection. The system is so stacked up against the applicant and a petty, puny, pot bellied visa officer with mood swings can reject anyone with a reason that only he knows and it takes a year to go through appeal process..he should go ahead with the appeal but it is demoralizing to anyone to go through this whole process again

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Praying for sooner than later, with no delays
LANDED..........
Unknown
harryiswaiting said:
hot90, this seems like an official rejection letter to me. We received all of our correspondence by email, but they sent the rejection letter by mail with the passport enclosed. It also was just on a black letterhead, as if it is a logo just in the document. It also sounds exactly how they word a refusal. Basically, the officer did not see you relationship as a genuine one. I suggest you join the Spousal Appeal thread on this forum. There are many people there who can guide you. Basically your first step is to file an appeal as you only have 30 days from the date of the letter. I also strongly suggest you find a good lawyer to give you more specific guidance for your case.

I'm sorry you were rejected, but if you have a lot of dedication, you can pull through it! Best of luck. Smiley

No, you don't appeal to the high commission. You now need to deal with the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) and file your appeal there. Here's the link about the process: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessSpoPar.aspx

Here are the forms to appeal: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/res/form/Pages/IadSai428Intro.aspx
Thank you for answering the questions and guiding hot 90.
Hot90, here is the link to the Spousal appeal forum http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t87619.0.html, to make it easier to find.

kanshi

Dec 8, 2013
HI,
Though it's my first post, I have been following this Forum for almost past 6 month.

Hot90, I had read you post when you went through an interview. Where they asked you just your age and asked to identify family members at wedding. Even didn't let your husband come inside with you. To me it seem that they had already made a decision to reject your file, but an interview was done for formality.

They should have ask you more question about your relationship to make a sound decision, but this people have no heart. To me you have a strong point to appeal that visa officer didn't do his job, he just ask you questions who answer were already in forms. He was supposed to ask questions that were not cleared are were not in the forms and, that were utmost important to clarified their doubts and make decision.

This is my thoughts. but you should look into all possible help from other forum members who have been here for long and have a PHD in it. But be quick, but be clam to take correct decision as you have 30days.

GOOD LUCK!!!! I wish everything falls in place for you soon.

hot90 said:
Yha i already seen the vistor visa rejetion letter that letter is not the same mine because my letter is on the pad of goverment of canada cosulate generl
But which i seen refusal that is on
CITIZEN AND IMMIGRATION CANADA and then in last officer sign and consulate visa office address my letter is not same it straight consulate pad

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
waiting 2 exhale said:
it is really unfair to the applicant by not providing the reasons for rejection. The system is so stacked up against the applicant and a petty, puny, pot bellied visa officer with mood swings can reject anyone with a reason that only he knows and it takes a year to go through appeal process..he should go ahead with the appeal but it is demoralizing to anyone to go through this whole process again
Most important right now, is to find out the reason for rejection. It is unfortunate that an appeal takes longer than reapplying for PR and is most definitely more stressful. If hot90 cannot find out what the reason was, her application may come back to a standstill the second time. Based on the letter and knowing that decision was made one day after the interview, it seems like the officer was discriminating. On top of that, they were very rude to her husband. If that is the case, a court appeal may bring to light the officer's flaws and mistakes. And I hope the officers get reprimanded and this may straighten them all out to diligently working on our applications without any discrimination.
I think a good immigration lawyer will be most helpful to consult with before applying for the appeal.
They don't have the right to play with our emotions like this and then slap us in the face and think that they can get away with it. Enough is enough! Maybe we should all just sue them.

waiting 2 exhale

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
16-03-2013 ; remeds 14 may 2014
Interview........
06-05-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
June 26, 2014
LANDED..........
landed Nov 5, 2014
Desi-girl said:
Most important right now, is to find out the reason for rejection. It is unfortunate that an appeal takes longer than reapplying for PR and is most definitely more stressful. If hot90 cannot find out what the reason was, her application may come back to a standstill the second time. Based on the letter and knowing that decision was made one day after the interview, it seems like the officer was discriminating. On top of that, they were very rude to her husband. If that is the case, a court appeal may bring to light the officer's flaws and mistakes. And I hope the officers get reprimanded and this may straighten them all out to diligently working on our applications without any discrimination.
I think a good immigration lawyer will be most helpful to consult with before applying for the appeal.
They don't have the right to play with our emotions like this and then slap us in the face and think that they can get away with it. Enough is enough! Maybe we should all just sue them.
I remember this case now..husband and wife did not attend the interview together and the husband was treated badly...so if I understand it right, approval or rejection will always be after interview and they don't just send a letter of rejection without any interview?

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
kanshi said:
HI,
Though it's my first post, I have been following this Forum for almost past 6 month.

Hot90, I had read you post when you went through an interview. Where they asked you just your age and asked to identify family members at wedding. Even didn't let your husband come inside with you. To me it seem that they had already made a decision to reject your file, but an interview was done for formality.

They should have ask you more question about your relationship to make a sound decision, but this people have no heart. To me you have a strong point to appeal that visa officer didn't do his job, he just ask you questions who answer were already in forms. He was supposed to ask questions that were not cleared are were not in the forms and, that were utmost important to clarified their doubts and make decision.

This is my thoughts. but you should look into all possible help from other forum members who have been here for long and have a PHD in it. But be quick, but be clam to take correct decision as you have 30days.

GOOD LUCK!!!! I wish everything falls in place for you soon.
Hi Kanshi, welcome to the forum. And thank you for joining and sharing your thoughts on your very first post.
Nobody here really has any PhD about all of this. We just learn as we go, and the longer we are on the forum, the more we learn from each other. And it is not possible without all the help and support we find on this forum. It is a very special forum and I am glad you finally joined.

Could you also share your timeline with us please?

App. Filed......:
AOR Received.:
File Transfer...:
Med's Done....:
Passport Req..:
ECAS update..: does it show meds received?
IP.................:

Thanks

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
waiting 2 exhale said:
I remember this case now..husband and wife did not attend the interview together and the husband was treated badly...so if I understand it right, approval or rejection will always be after interview and they don't just send a letter of rejection without any interview?
Yes, First marriage with 10 years age gap. They missed 2 PPRs and found that through GCMS notes way later (I think October) and interview was scheduled Nov 27th (same day as medicals expiring). Husband flew from Canada to support the wife as wife was told that husband can come to the interview but the Officer saw his Canadian passport and didn't allow him to come in. So he sat outside. They asked her a few questions and said they will get in touch soon but didn't take her passport or ask for redoing medicals. Next day DM and then rejection letter :(

From hot90's post, quesions they asked:
"1. How old are u
2. What is ur husband age
3.what job is ur husband doing
4. My husband was with me but he is sit outside of the room
5.She said i do not want to talk to ur husband
6.what we will do decission we will send u email
7.she returend marriage photographs too which we send our file ask me some relatives in the pic."

Hot90's timeline:
Application sent - Dec 08, 2012
Application received by cic as per tracking - Dec 11, 2012
AOR - Jan 09, 2013
Sponsorship Approval - Jan 11, 2013
Medical done - 16 Nov, 2012
Interview - 27 Nov, 2013
DM - 28 Nov, 2013
Rejection letter received - 6 Dec, 2013

Seems like rejection is only after interview because then the officer can say that he/she assessed the applicant thoroughly.
they can't reject without interview and allowing the applicant to explain his or her circumstances.

kavitha1

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
30-07-2013 (done before submission), re-medical Nov 10, 2014
Passport Req..
January 7th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in process since (June 20th 2014)- Decision Made- March-07-2015
LANDED..........
received passport back with VISA- March 20th 2015
hot90 said:
When visa officer said on interview they will send us by email decision of our application why they send by post

not on email

Could you please share your timeline- really sorry to hear this news- dont give up- things will work out

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 25-11-2013 DM 19-01-2014
LANDED..........
23-01-2014 :)
Desi-girl said:
Yes, First marriage with 10 years age gap. They missed 2 PPRs and found that through GCMS notes way later (I think October) and interview was scheduled Nov 27th (same day as medicals expiring). Husband flew from Canada to support the wife as wife was told that husband can come to the interview but the Officer saw his Canadian passport and didn't allow him to come in. So he sat outside. They asked her a few questions and said they will get in touch soon but didn't take her passport or ask for redoing medicals. Next day DM and then rejection letter :(

From hot90's post, quesions they asked:
"1. How old are u
2. What is ur husband age
3.what job is ur husband doing
4. My husband was with me but he is sit outside of the room
5.She said i do not want to talk to ur husband
6.what we will do decission we will send u email
7.she returend marriage photographs too which we send our file ask me some relatives in the pic."
I thought as much that this was a rejection....im so disgusted ...if u already have made your mind rejecting ppl then why waste their time by dragging them for 12 months.....rejections shld be given withing the 1st few months so that the applicant and sponsor can go to plan B i.e appeal....(even that is a long process and they know that heartless ppl ) :mad: :mad: :mad:

kanshi

Dec 8, 2013
App. Filed......: send by post17th June, 2013, received date 19th June, 2013
AOR Received.: What is this date for????
File Transfer...: 15th July
Med's Done....: Mid May
Passport Req..: 19th August, 2013
ECAS update..: does it show meds received? Nope, only Application received
IP.................:Hope it happen fast as my Husband's birth is in first week of Feb

Desi-girl said:
Hi Kanshi, welcome to the forum. And thank you for joining and sharing your thoughts on your very first post.
Nobody here really has any PhD about all of this. We just learn as we go, and the longer we are on the forum, the more we learn from each other. And it is not possible without all the help and support we find on this forum. It is a very special forum and I am glad you finally joined.

Could you also share your timeline with us please?

App. Filed......:
AOR Received.:
File Transfer...:
Med's Done....:
Passport Req..:
ECAS update..:
IP.................:

Thanks

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 25-11-2013 DM 19-01-2014
LANDED..........
23-01-2014 :)
kavitha1 said:
Could you please share your timeline- really sorry to hear this news- dont give up- things will work out
hes a dec 2012 applicant !!

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
kavitha1 said:
Hot90's timeline:
Application sent - Dec 08, 2012
Application received by cic as per tracking - Dec 11, 2012
AOR - Jan 09, 2013
Sponsorship Approval - Jan 11, 2013
Medical done - 16 Nov, 2012
Interview - 27 Nov, 2013
DM - 28 Nov, 2013
Rejection letter received - 6 Dec, 2013

Desi-girl

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8th-11th, 2013
AOR Received.
July 30th, 2013
File Transfer...
Aug 12th, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 12th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Unknown
hi kanshi,

AOR means Acknowledgement of receipt of your application. So CIC-M sends you an AoR letter/email saying that you application was received and you will get your sponsorship approval/rejection soon in decision. A few days to weeks later, you get the sponsor approval (SA) letter saying you got accepted and application is now sent to New Delhi.

Are you the sponsor or the applicant?
Good luck with your application but you may very well get some updates in January - February.

canz

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 march 2013
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
3 april 2013
File Transfer...
3 april 2013
Med's Done....
jan 2013
Interview........
waived recommended
Passport Req..
missed twice.pp sent on 4 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in process since 26 october 2013
hot90 said:

not on email
I m sori to hear dat.one of my friend been through dis situtaion.I did pm to u.plz talk to my friend.he can give u a idea
I wishh u will get ur visa soon