feb-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
9-may-2103
VISA ISSUED...
In-Process OCT 22-2013
zormas said:
nope..i applied for GCMS on Aug 24...got it on September 18....and apparently no updates since May/June!!!
May i know what is ur E-cas status ??

Miss_the_shot

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6 march 2013
Med's Done....
24 jan
Passport Req..
28 april
VISA ISSUED...
Dm on 21oct
LANDED..........
30 oct
While applying gcms notes...we need to print it???

zormas

Nov 8, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
Steve Jones said:
May i know what is ur E-cas status ??

Sponsorship Application Status : Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status : Application Received ( I dream to see Decision Made here too LOL!)

Most hated words right now...Application Received

magessss

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-16-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-18-2013
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL (JAN-6-2014)
Med's Done....
1st medical Aug-7-2012, 2nd medical Jan 27-2014
Interview........
Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
zormas said:
@ magess..gud luck and dont be nervous...its a genuine marriage..so u got nothing to worry about.!!
These are just delay tactics..nothing more..so u shouldnt worry too much.

I hate how this Govt. is treating all marriages as bogus ones...specially when ppl are submitting sufficient proofs/docs.

Anyways...frustration wont do any good..so lets just hope n pray we have a lot of positive news tomorrow!
Amen!!
Thank you all for helping me. I am relaxed now because I get to see my wife again and that is a wonder full thing for me.

zormas

Nov 8, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
magessss said:
Thank you all for helping me. I am relaxed now because I get to see my wife again and that is a wonder full thing for me.
Excellent...im glad ur looking at the positive side! thats the way my friend!

jk45

Apr 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
22-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2013 DM
magessss said:
There you go...good stuff.

siyaD

Aug 12, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May 2013
File Transfer...
11th June 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
In-process since 2nd December
LANDED..........
very very soon
zormas said:
Sponsorship Application Status : Decision Made
Permanent Residence Application Status : Application Received ( I dream to see Decision Made here too LOL!)

Most hated words right now...Application Received
On a positive note, I have seen that after interview, it just takes 2-3 weeks to get the Visa, there no proof but 2 of my friends were called in for interview and both got visas within 2-3 weeks.

zormas

Nov 8, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
siyaD said:
On a positive note, I have seen that after interview, it just takes 2-3 weeks to get the Visa, there no proof but 2 of my friends were called in for interview and both got visas within 2-3 weeks.

good to know..i guess u were replying to @magesss..cuz hes the one who got an interview..not me :)

good info though :)

siyaD

Aug 12, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May 2013
File Transfer...
11th June 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
very very soon
zormas said:
good to know..i guess u were replying to @ magesss..cuz hes the one who got an interview..not me :)

good info though :)
yes :) sorry..

siyaD

Aug 12, 2013
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17th May 2013
File Transfer...
11th June 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
7th July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
very very soon
Foreign service officers are willing to temporarily suspend their targeted strike if the federal government returns to the bargaining table to negotiate a new collective agreement.

a ray of hope...

here is the full article

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Foreign+service+officers+plan+mass+walkout+protest+faith+appeal/8927809/story.html

zormas

Nov 8, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
siyaD said:
Foreign service officers are willing to temporarily suspend their targeted strike if the federal government returns to the bargaining table to negotiate a new collective agreement.

a ray of hope...

here is the full article

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Foreign+service+officers+plan+mass+walkout+protest+faith+appeal/8927809/story.html

Yes..a ray of hope..only if the biggest retard in the world...tony clement agrees to it.
He is hellbent on not negotiating...it seems like he really wants to make an example out of PAFSO...that strike will not get u everything you demand...

ofcourse at the cost of our suffering!

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
Steve Jones said:
Hii skas13,

How are u doing??
Well, i want to know from u if u remember did u write anything back of ur passport size photos which send to CIC..!

Thanks
Good thanks for asking. My husband landed on Saturday and it was great reunion.
No, we didn't write anything on the back of the pictures. No where did it say in that application package that we needed to. It didn't seem to affect getting the PR. Good to all.

niks1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2014
Friends,

Check out this petition on change.org

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-process-family-class-permanent-residency-applications-in-a-timely-manner-2

Please sign it if you are affected by it and maybe we can make this move forward.

JK145

Feb 14, 2013
@skas13

I have a question regarding the landing process. When you pass through customs and have the declared items on the form, do they go through the bags to check everything. I have no issue with it but I want to prepare my wife accordingly as she is coming next wednesday

Sunjuxta

Aug 22, 2013
I have seen that despite from the strike ,the process itself of spousal application for Canada especially in South asian countries ,has almost become like a WITCH HUNT 8)
I have not only on this forum but many others read that especially for arrange marriages where the V.Os even after being presented a lot of proof have asked for an interview and then denied cases ( Go to the appeal section in this forum and you guys can read the horror stories )
In our part of the world i.e South asia especially in the cases of arrange marriages the courtship before marriage mostly last for few months and mostly in our cases where the sponsor is in Canada it might have happened on phone.
Also people might not have foreseen that they will have to go through this witch hunt later on during the application where visa could be denied because "God- oh sorry V.O" thinks it's not a genuine relationship because of some commonly used but disgusting reasons which almost are to the point of torture-(they only have to use one of these ) (disclosure-all of them do not apply to one single person or me but just some random one's)

1.Less courtship before marriage ( Sorry V.O that i could not find love and settled for arranged )
2.Phone records ( sorry again, i have given you few logs but mostly used phone card )
3.Hum let me think one to reject this- "How about not Compatible "- ( V.O , please let us decide this ,i know,i know,iknow your job is to safeguard the borders of GREAT CANADA from all the frauds-but shouldn't it be like this that you keep a tab on the people who have done frauds-divorced after couple of years and sponsored some one else and then divorced again- to find them cancel the PR or citizenship than advice me about our "Compatibility"
;D
4.Best of the best" hum...In PROPER ENGLISH- we don't find the genuineness of relationship- well the only objective way to find that would me to cut me up and see whats in my heart-( I Know MR. V.O now you are going to say that your whole job is to find the
genuineness- well that's true and should be done in an objective way -ask us to submit 20 things,we all will comply any one who does 19 gets interviewed,but the whole process of using the vague terms like compatibility and genuineness decided by a single person ( oh yeah i know he/she is trained) seems more like a concept of medieval era or something more recently happening in some Middle eastern countries (Kangaroo court executions ) which you the western society or any civilized person including me are so against.
But Mr VISA OFFICER Actually it just occurred to me that we are all the same- aren't we....Just like the barbarians who get the pleasure in a little bit of sadistic torturing ...No Worries i do it at my job without realizing sometimes ,i deny mortgages sometimes where i could have gone an extra length to provide the mortgage to the customer-it gives me that guilty pleasure of little bit of control.

But Canadian immigration system - ya da ya da ya da....it has doen one thing it has made me better ( well not better,but less gulty)

SiRs and Madams the problem is not wait ,you tell us to wait 1 year- done ( sign me up )
2 years - done ( please sign me )

3 years - done ( well sir it's long but what to do,my case is genuine and i will wait for my spouse just like we do for parents-so sign me up)

But the problem starts when you put me in circle ( not even that....its like one side its' lion and the other side its croc in a river)

if i have understood the process carefully here is what goes on in some scenarios where people are not even have a chance

Appliaction rejected-
Person thinks..Then what, should i have a kid to prove ,i will if that suffice the relation ship ( NO sir the Appeal Judge will say the kid is not an important factor in determining a relationship)
O.K O.K.. i will go to my home country and live with my spouse for few months or a year or 2 ( WEll...that's not a good idea...you my dear friend are a PR and you will loose your PR status ( cause remember the rules for maintaing PR status)
Oh no oh no...canadian Immigartion,i am a PROUD CITIZEN OF THIS country CALLED CANADA, NO pr sheear, i can definately go to my homecountry and live ther for a year or so while you put me on queue for appeal ( Canadian immig. says- That too my friend is not a good idea because at appeal it will be considered that you have no plans of living with your spouse in Canada -you have to show that you have property in canada-jobe letter and ya da ya da ya

person Saying-so what are my options SIR...... :(
Canadian Immig- options are plenty my dear friend in this vast country...but during this long discourse forgot to ask you one thinh
Person whar SIR ???
Immigration- who told you to immigrate here or for heavens sake once settled here find a partner from back home. :p