27 Feb 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28 May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7 Aug 2013...DM: 14 Aug 2013
zormas said:
Myrah...dont worry...they will have to end this soon..its just a matter of time.
I wish people/universities/businesses were making more noise..

I am in ottawa....and most of the ppl dont even know about this strike...which is shocking.
Yes may be people dont know about this...because Canadians are really not affected...:(

singh_j

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
May 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/nri/visa-and-immigration/canada-diplomat-strike-disrupts-visa-operations/articleshow/21464805.cms

Watinforeva

Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon with the grace of god -in process since December 3rd
LANDED..........
Next day I get my passport with visa
zormas said:
Myrah...dont worry...they will have to end this soon..its just a matter of time.

I am in ottawa....and most of the ppl dont even know about this strike...which is shocking.
You are absolutely correct I Had a talk with one of my friends in Brampton yesterday and he didn't even knew that there is strike going on. But after pafso stoping work completely I guess their would be more awareness thus more pressure on government to end this.If government want they can end this right away but I can't see the effort from their side.

zormas

Nov 8, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
Watinforeva said:
You are absolutely correct I Had a talk with one of my friends in Brampton yesterday and he didn't even knew that there is strike going on. But after pafso stoping work completely I guess their would be more awareness thus more pressure on government to end this.If government want they can end this right away but I can't see the effort from their side.
As we speak...

Michelle Zilio ‏@MichelleZilio 1m

Foreign service strike finally featured as top story on CBC News Network. Good to see some country-wide coverage. #cdnpoli #dipstrike

Media has to play a big role in this ! I wish Canada had a channel like Aaj Tak....:)

Watinforeva

Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2013
File Transfer...
June 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon with the grace of god -in process since December 3rd
LANDED..........
Next day I get my passport with visa
zormas said:
As we speak...

Michelle Zilio ‏ @ MichelleZilio 1m

Foreign service strike finally featured as top story on CBC News Network. Good to see some country-wide coverage. #cdnpoli #dipstrike

Media has to play a big role in this ! I wish Canada had a channel like Aaj Tak....:)
Lol

Myrah7

VIP Member
Jun 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
AOR Received.
3-05-2013
File Transfer...
19-06-2013
Med's Done....
7-02-2013
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP 25-11-2013 DM 19-01-2014
LANDED..........
23-01-2014 :)
zormas said:

ya my hubby told me the same this ...that ppl don't even know anything abt the strike....only ppl stuck here know abt it....... but he said if union stops all services then govt will have to give in....but trust me rt now anything can happen...bunch of fools heartless FOOLS THHEY ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RD.NewDelhi

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th April 2013
AOR Received.
16th May 2013
File Transfer...
22nd May 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
11th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
ip - 26th oct(changed on ecas on 29th) || DM checked on 11th Nov || visa issued on 4th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
soooooooonnnnn :)
Myrah7 said:
ya my hubby told me the same this ...that ppl don't even know anything abt the strike....only ppl stuck here know abt it....... but he said if union stops all services then govt will have to give in....but trust me rt now anything can happen...bunch of fools heartless FOOLS THHEY ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hmmm cant say

primoo

Mar 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Apr-2013
AOR Received.
17-Apr-2013
File Transfer...
14-May-2013
Med's Done....
11-Feb-2013 Re-Meds: May 26, 2014
Interview........
05-May-2014
Passport Req..
03-Jun-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-Aug-2014
The Universities are suffering the most from this impact fiscally speaking.
I hoped that it would be resolved by now, but this clearly means that no student visas are going to be issued prior to the Fall (Sept.) session start. Which means loss of millions of dollars, which is shameful.

I don't know which side to be with - seems like Clement is playing hardball and has a mandate to not move from his position and not shell out a single increase in wages in the upcoming months.

Similarly, PAFSO are asking to get compensated for work that WE - the regular citizens cannot determine if it really needs to be on the same pay grade level as officers working within Canada.

My personal opinion, is I think not because everybody wants to hire cheap labour overseas, which is the same concept being applied here. Canada has contracted overseas officers and has employed them according to pay grades for each country and has statistically brought them onto a level considering all socio-economic factors that make a pay range.

Anyways, I am real fed up that there is no resolution reached as of yet. I have a bad feeling about this because 2012 applications just by reading the forums are taking 9 months from date of application to date of visa issued. This is very saddening.

Whoever was in 2013 who applied in January and got their visas are very lucky - enjoy your life... but the rest of us will have to suffer for the long haul it seems like, as those applications took 9/10 months. We are already delayed by the strike and most likely will cross the 10 month mark.

I know there is a lot of positivism in this forum but I am being a realist here, this is very depressing - it is starting to affect us all temperamentally. Very hard to focus in life (school/work/career/family/friends).

singh_j

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
May 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Myrah7 said:
I am in Brampton too.........waiting for my wife...........Here is no news of strike in print media or in newspapers.........Even on radio no body talks about this......Only Ajit News Paper has published the news in June end.

RD.NewDelhi

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th April 2013
AOR Received.
16th May 2013
File Transfer...
22nd May 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
11th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
ip - 26th oct(changed on ecas on 29th) || DM checked on 11th Nov || visa issued on 4th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
soooooooonnnnn :)
zormas said:
As we speak...

Michelle Zilio ‏ @ MichelleZilio 1m

something positive!!

Mar 19, 2012
deepakchauhan said:
Dear All,

Although the strike has delayed everything but still need a major suggestion from you guys. I am a banker by profession and would be shifting with wife and 6 month old kid as soon as strike ends.

In my CIIP session I was insisted more on going to a smaller province like Alberta then Toronto because of NO PROVINCIAL TAX and lower cost of living. Also have heard child benefits in Alberta are higher than in Toronto..Pls suggest

How true is this and what do you suggest. Toronto Or anywhere in Alberta ( Calgary or Edmonton ).

I think Toronto would have more opportunities and less of climatic variations.

Please suggest plus and minus of these locations...

Thanks
Good questions.

My 2 cents :
1) Toronto is NOT a province. Is not even the capital of the province that it is in - Ontario.
Since you are a banker, the easiest way to explain will be that Toronto can most closely be compared to Mumbai.
- Just like Mumbai, Toronto is the financial hub of Canada
- Just like Mumbai, Toronto is pretty metrosexual and you will find every kind of person there from the poorest of the poor to the richest of the rich.
- Just like Mumbai, Toronto is massive, it is chaotic, road sense & traffic conditions are among the poorest in the whole country.
- Just like in Mumbai, if you arrive from another area without a job lined up, or an effective support system in place (good relatives, good friends etc), then may God help you!

2) Alberta is NOT a small province. It is pretty massive in size, it is growing pretty fast and is the richest Province in Canada.

With that out of the way, onto the next points -

3) Tax rates - google for - "Tax rates in Canada"

I can't post the links, but please go ahead and google and check out the CRA link - The link will state the tax rates that you will paying at based on your location.

4) For all your benefits questions - google for "child benefits in canada"

5) For cost of living, please factor in costs of living - rents, mortgages etc. Tax alone is not everything.

6) Toronto is pretty wild when it comes to harsh climate conditions - summers are HOT and winters get COLD. If you want the least climatic fluctuations, you would look at Halifax, NS. If you wanted no snow at all and pleasant season for most of the year, Vancouver and surrounding areas are better. However, don't let that discourage you. If you like Toronto, go for it. Climate is pretty easy to manage at the end of the day.

zormas

Nov 8, 2012
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Passport Req..
24-05-2013
"......Citizenship and Immigration Canada said all visa offices remain open and are providing service. The department has hired temporary staff to process applications. It is training existing staff from the department on an urgent basis so they can work on visas and some staff are working overtime.

"CIC is also shifting more work to Canada and to overseas offices that have additional capacity," a spokeswoman for immigration minister Chris Alexander said.

The department is urging people who need a visa to apply as early as possible."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/07/29/pol-foreign-service-strike.html

mum_girl

Apr 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th Jan 2013
AOR Received.
13th Feb 2013
File Transfer...
13th Feb 2013
Med's Request
29th Jan 2013
Med's Done....
4th Feb 2013
Passport Req..
9th Mar 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Aryansharma said:
has anyone else noted the new layout for Ecas ??... Seriously was that required ?? Would have been a lot better if the old design said Decision Made ... :p
I did...totally unnecessary...guess the guys at NDVO or whoever is responsible for the design of the site has no work in the world hence ended up redesigning it and it looks weird now...whereas the old design was absolutely fine...and also can someone tell them that we really don't care how it looks, all we care is that it shows "DM", Am I right or am I right?

jot1988

Star Member
May 5, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
29 May 2012
File Transfer...
7 June 2012
Med's Done....
24 Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26 June 2012 (Received by New Delhi VO on 28 June 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2012
LANDED..........
9 Sep 2012
Hey guys,
I am in Canada right now and a pr holder.
I want to change my last name to my husband's last on my passport.
Does anyone know the procedure??
Thanks

Harshiddhi005

Mar 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8-MAY-2013 REACHED CIC-M ON 10-MAY-2013
AOR Received.
1-JUNE-2013
File Transfer...
4-JUNE-2013
Med's Done....
5-FEB-2013
Passport Req..
20-JUNE-2013 REACED NEW DELHI ON 27-JUNE-2013
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
Ek baar visa lag jaye fir to visa ka pizza banake khana hai aur party karni hai.... :p