12-08-2013
File Transfer...
08-04-2013
Passport Req..
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
dm on 9th jan
saidpuria said:
if someone gets ppr, does that mean he or she has cleared background and security checks?
no reply :mad:

ankb2308

Star Member
Jan 28, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
File Transfer...
28-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-25-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
TLSD said:
How can religion be an important part of marriage ? I'm not any particular religion and neither is my husband , but we did the traditional Hindu thing as the parents and family wanted to be appeased. Is there any thing wrong with that ?
TLSD, religion is a factor in bogus marriages as these are doctored to seem genuine and things often don't match up, so it's a question of whether the marriage registration certificate is authentic to your specific case. For ex, people can pre-register their marriage in court OR do it through the hindu religious ceremony and then register it. If two people are of the same religion it is done under the Hindu Marriage Act, whereas if they are not of the same religion, it's under the Special Marriage Act. So the VO will read what you have listed in your forms and then will verify this against your marriage registration and other docs to assess the genuineness of the entire package, ie. whether your story makes sense. So religion becomes one of the sticking points when it comes to determine whether two people are faking or telling the truth. But again, religion solely does not determine how genuine a relationship/marriage is, as there are many other factors that may lead to a red flag.

So no, nothing wrong with that at all- in fact that's the same thing me and my wife did. You just have to make sure you've given all that you could to prove it is a genuine marriage as they are very strict about this. Hope that helps.

Sa8790

Apr 19, 2013
Namachii said:
Congrats dude! The sharing of your experience gives me hope as it seems like they have started processing for Jan.
Can you give little more details on the phone interview such as how long was it and what other general questions if it's ok to share?
That should give us some general info to be prepared. Thanks!
Good luck to all of us!
Thanks,
The interview was about 5-7 mins
General questions were like this:
- spouse name, dob, address, profession, date of marriage,
- how long both of you stayed together after marriage?
- date of your spouse leave India.

These were the questions. Hope it helps

sabatour

Feb 20, 2013
toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
Nomination.....
23-01-2013
AOR Received.
1-2-2013
Med's Request
18-2-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
22-3-2013
sammy377 said:
hi
my husband had an interview on 13th

can any1 please tell me how long does it take in general for "application received" to change into "in process" and "decision made" after that?

can u please post the phone # ndvo called from

TLSD

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 28, 2013
File Transfer...
22-04-2013
Med's Request
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-04-2013
Interview........
Feb.12, 2014
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
❤❤February 18, 2014❤❤
LANDED..........
❤❤❤❤March 3, 2014❤❤❤❤
@ ankb2308

Hmm.. Haha.. I'm more confused than ever now , I was told by the court registry that I MUST apply to the special marriage act being that I am a foreigner in India and wanting to marry my Hindu husband. Therefore , after the lawyers and fees $400 , we were told we had 120 days to marry. Then a traditional Hindu ceremony took place and registry at the court, with outmr parents as witnesses . Does this look "suspicious"?? In their eyes?

LunarNymph

Star Member
Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2013
File Transfer...
23-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
06-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-May-2013
LANDED..........
SOON!!!!
Hello Friends,

I didn't get a chance to check E-cas in over a week and today when I checked it shows... DECISION MADE!!!! It doesn't say what the decision is i.e. whether it is a positive or a negative one! All it says is that the office will get in touch regarding this decision!

The address in E-cas hasn't changed to the Canadian address either. Haven't received any communication from CHC as yet. Don't know what to expect! I hope the decision is a positive one!!!

Hoping for the best for one and all here!

Cheers,
LunarNymph

TLSD

Star Member
Jan 16, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 28, 2013
File Transfer...
22-04-2013
Med's Request
27-03-2013
Med's Done....
11-04-2013
Interview........
Feb.12, 2014
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
❤❤February 18, 2014❤❤
LANDED..........
❤❤❤❤March 3, 2014❤❤❤❤
LunarNymph said:
Hello Friends,

I didn't get a chance to check E-cas in over a week and today when I checked it shows... DECISION MADE!!!! It doesn't say what the decision is i.e. whether it is a positive or a negative one! All it says is that the office will get in touch regarding this decision!

The address in E-cas hasn't changed to the Canadian address either. Haven't received any communication from CHC as yet. Don't know what to expect! I hope the decision is a positive one!!!

Cheers,

LunarNymph

Wow !! Congrats!!! That's surely to be good news your way now :) pack ur bags

sukhmann

May 17, 2013
hey i applied for my wife ( spouse visa) i submitted the application on jan11,2013 and jan27, 2013 file came to india now everything is done, march 12, 2013 we sent them the passport we havent heard anything back from them just wants to know how long it will take before she gets the decision? thanks

PLEASE REPLY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sanju1986

Nov 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Spouse.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th March 2013
AOR Received.
17th April 2013
File Transfer...
17th April 2013
Med's Done....
17th Feb 2013
Interview........
Waived (As per GCMS Notes)
Passport Req..
28th May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP Since 8th Nov / DM 18th nov/ PP back - 22nd Nov !!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!!
LANDED..........
hopefully soon !!!Rehmat teri mehnat Meri Sachey Paatshah !!
Hello LuthanNyMph

I'll keep my fingers cross for you hope its a positive one
good luck keep us posted !!!

shivanidixit123

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2013
AOR Received.
7-April-2013
File Transfer...
18 April-2013
Med's Done....
Medical Received on 24th Dec. 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 31st October .... Decision Made - 22nd Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very soooooooooooooooooon
LunarNymph said:
Hello Friends,

Cheers,
LunarNymph
Indeed its a good news dear... all the best!! Finally we have started getting some good news here... really happy for you :))

shivanidixit123

Star Member
Mar 4, 2013
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-March-2013
AOR Received.
7-April-2013
File Transfer...
18 April-2013
Med's Done....
Medical Received on 24th Dec. 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29-April-2013
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 31st October .... Decision Made - 22nd Feb 2014
LANDED..........
Very soooooooooooooooooon
sukhmann said:
hey i applied for my wife ( spouse visa) i submitted the application on jan11,2013 and jan27, 2013 file came to india now everything is done, march 12, 2013 we sent them the passport we havent heard anything back from them just wants to know how long it will take before she gets the decision? thanks

PLEASE REPLY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You too will hear soon. .. the early January applicants have started receiving the good news. . Your file got transferred in the end of first month. Its your turn the next week. All the best :)

mannatdel

Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
31-01-2013
File Transfer...
06-02-2013
Med's Done....
07-11-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
09-03-13
VISA ISSUED...
decision made 28-06-13
LunarNymph said:
Hello Friends,

Cheers,
LunarNymph
Congrts dear....I wish I 'll be the next lolz

saidpuria

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
jalandhar
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2013
Doc's Request.
12-08-2013
File Transfer...
08-04-2013
Passport Req..
29-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
dm on 9th jan
LunarNymph said:
Hello Friends,

Cheers, wa your marriage first marriage? i mean was your case simple n straight? travel history? thx
LunarNymph

Mangi

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 21st 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 7th 2013
File Transfer...
Feb 18th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28th 2012
Passport Req..
Mar 9th 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LunarNymph said:
Hello Friends,

Cheers,
LunarNymph
Wow... that's a great news LunarNymph.... Some good news flooding towards the Jan applicants... :)

gupta417

Apr 29, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-02-2013
File Transfer...
19-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
09-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-09-2013
LunarNymph said:
Hello Friends,

Cheers,
LunarNymph
Congrats LunarNymph... dont worry, it will be positive and address may change to Canadian address in 2 - 4 days.. keep us posted about your updates until you get back your Passport...

- Gupta