+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW DELHI - 2013 APPLICANTS.

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
rahulsood said:
Hi guys
I applied for the pr of my wife in july 2013 from canada, and after i was approved in august, NDVO received her application on 05th sept 2013.
Would any of you know if sept people are next in line to get their visas?
im new to this blog, any input will be much appreciated.
it seems this group is far more informative and resourceful than ndvo or cic.
thank you
Rahulsood, you are NOT a Sept applicant but a July applicant. You should not be worried whether NDVO is processing Sep or not but more worried that July applicants are already almost done by NDVO. I would suggest you email NDVO immediately AND find out the reason for the delay. Right now, NDVO is doing applicatations received (received at CPC-Mississauga) in August and September 2013.

CANVISA770

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
DONE
LANDED..........
05-08-2014
rahulsood said:
Hi guys
I applied for the pr of my wife in july 2013 from canada, and after i was approved in august, NDVO received her application on 05th sept 2013.
thank you
Your file has been transferred on 05/09...they are processing early Sept. to mid Sept (file transfer date) wait for your turn.

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
CANVISA770 said:
Your file has been transferred on 05/09...they are processing early Sept. to mid Sept (file transfer date) wait for your turn.
Canvisa- Sorry to differ but they are not processing Sep file transfer date but Sep application date. Just take a look at all the August people who have been getting DMs this month- All of them applied in August and not their files transferred in August to NDVO.

Similary- NALBLR the one forum member who get her visa also applied in September first week. Her file transfer was in October 2013.

Loving

Jun 12, 2013
Canada(Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
18-Sept-2013
File Transfer...
25-Sept-2013
Med's Done....
27-June-2013
Passport Req..
Passport sent on 12 Jan 2014.Missed PPR on Oct 22,2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-June-2014
LANDED..........
20-June 2014
CANVISA770 said:
fully agree with CANVISA770 :)

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
Loving said:
fully agree with CANVISA770 :)
I am pasting the excerpt from the CIC website in regards to processing timelines which clearly states the processing timelines posted on the CIC website (both for Missisauga and NDVO) is processed from the application received date at Missisauga and not the Visa office.

In below, CIC refers to CPC- Mississauga and not NDVO. NDVO is a foreign Canadian visa office and is not referred to as CIC. Only Case Processing Center Mississauga is referred to as CIC.

How are processing times calculated?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.

CANVISA770

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
DONE
LANDED..........
05-08-2014
andrewset said:
Canvisa- Sorry to differ but they are not processing Sep file transfer date but Sep application date. Just take a look at all the August people who have been getting DMs this month- All of them applied in August and not their files transferred in August to NDVO.

Similary- NALBLR the one forum member who get her visa also applied in September first week. Her file transfer was in October 2013.
Application dates can vary, they are filed in Mississauga approval depends on cic office located in Mississauga, nothing to do with file transfer date (NDVO application recevd date). If we look at current approvals file transfer dates are around early to mid September, Nalblr is one off case she traveled Canada before they might already have her details, so got approved within 8 months.

andrewset

Apr 11, 2014
CANVISA770 said:
Application dates can vary, they are filed in Mississauga approval depends on cic office located in Mississauga, nothing to do with file transfer date (NDVO application recevd date). If we look at current approvals file transfer dates are around early to mid September, Nalblr is one off case she traveled Canada before they might already have her details, so got approved within 8 months.
Can other senior members comment with their thoughts/ comments?

CANVISA770

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
DONE
LANDED..........
05-08-2014
andrewset said:
I am pasting the excerpt from the CIC website in regards to processing timelines which clearly states the processing timelines posted on the CIC website (both for Missisauga and NDVO) is processed from the application received date at Missisauga and not the Visa office.

In below, CIC refers to CPC- Mississauga and not NDVO. NDVO is a foreign Canadian visa office and is not referred to as CIC. Only Case Processing Center Mississauga is referred to as CIC.

How are processing times calculated?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) calculates processing times from the day CIC receives an application to the day it makes a decision on the application.
Both the processing times are calculated separately, current NDVO timeline is 13 months.....starting from file transfer date = sponsorship approval date. Doesn't Matter guys how early your apply from CANADA in MAY, JUNE OR JULY,,,, UNTIL NDVO doesn't receive your application,,, they can't start processing. So File transfer date is very important then Application date.

rahulsood

May 27, 2014
First off Andrewset and Canvisa770
Thank you guys !
Im not sure of the date when the file was transferred.
The medicals and the pcc were done before july,pretty much a week before i submitted the application.
In 3 weeks i got the "decision made" under my case.
And then it said " we received xxxx application for pr on 05th sept.2013"
My wife did visit me in canada before we filed the application for marriage. She came here in mid 2012,july-august.
The reason im asking you guys to share your fantastic input is, bcoz she needs to travel to the US for 2 weeks, and we were wondering whether it is a good idea to ask for the passport BACK from the embassy, AT THIS STAGE or completely drop the idea.
One member was helpful enough in sharing his thoughts and experiences, and recommended me not to go ahead with this, as this may delay the case further, specially since we're at the leg end of the race !
Your thoughts ??

rahulsood

May 27, 2014
Andrewset :
We did email them about two-three weeks back and CIC said this :

Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 3:06 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

We have received the passport of xxxxxx.

This Family Class application was received by our office after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This application is currently pending initial review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of one year to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l’immigration - 5
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

CANVISA770

Star Member
Apr 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
DONE
LANDED..........
05-08-2014
rahulsood said:
First off Andrewset and Canvisa770
Thank you guys !
Im not sure of the date when the file was transferred.
The medicals and the pcc were done before july,pretty much a week before i submitted the application.
In 3 weeks i got the "decision made" under my case.
And then it said " we received xxxx application for pr on 05th sept.2013"
My wife did visit me in canada before we filed the application for marriage. She came here in mid 2012,july-august.
The reason im asking you guys to share your fantastic input is, bcoz she needs to travel to the US for 2 weeks, and we were wondering whether it is a good idea to ask for the passport BACK from the embassy, AT THIS STAGE or completely drop the idea.
One member was helpful enough in sharing his thoughts and experiences, and recommended me not to go ahead with this, as this may delay the case further, specially since we're at the leg end of the race !
Your thoughts ??
Seems like You are very close to get reply, not worth risking in complicated and troubled NDVO process, worst case scenario if you miss it, will delay your file by 1-2 months.

sunsweet

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
07-01-2014
Med's Request
13-08-2014, Remedical 21-08-2014,
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP 13-08-2014 DM 15-10-2014 Visa Recd 20-10-14
LANDED..........
1-12-2014
rahulsood said:
Hi guys
thank you
Please give your time line
Date of Applying:
Date of medicals:
Sponsorship Approval Date:
Date of passport request:

You stated that your July applied application is approved in Aug and NDVO opened the file in Sep. Then you are in the final stage. wish you all the best.

needVisa25

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rahulsood said:
Andrewset :
We did email them about two-three weeks back and CIC said this :

Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2014 3:06 PM

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

We have received the passport of xxxxxx.

This Family Class application was received by our office after being forwarded by Case Processing Centre Mississauga. This application is currently pending initial review, after which we will contact the applicant directly to advise the outcome of the review and any next steps.

We are striving to make our processing of Family Class applications as efficient as possible. We continue to meet our commitment to a service standard of one year to finalization for at least 80% of cases for sponsored spouses, partners, and children. Processing times are calculated from the date the application is approved by Case Processing Centre Mississauga, after which it is sent to the visa office for further processing. For individual cases, actual processing times may vary depending on the complexity of the application and the number of new applications received by the visa office.

Applicants can check the status of their case on the CIC website by clicking on Client Application Status. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in New Delhi for the last 12 months, please click here.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration - 5
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

Very interesting email; their email from a few months back used to say 80% of applicants in 6 months, now they've doubled that time to 1 year.

sunsweet

Jan 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2013
AOR Received.
28-12-2013
File Transfer...
07-01-2014
Med's Request
13-08-2014, Remedical 21-08-2014,
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
23-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP 13-08-2014 DM 15-10-2014 Visa Recd 20-10-14
LANDED..........
1-12-2014
needVisa25 said:
Very interesting email; their email from a few months back used to say 80% of applicants in 6 months, now they've doubled that time to 1 year.
NDVO the SNAIL increased its performance six months to 12 months.

rahulsood

May 27, 2014
Im not sure exactly what these guys are upto,or how they function
for all you know,they have pinball machines and jukeboxes inside the NDVO with these people "working at their own pace"
All the advice here,whatever input ive got, has been much more useful than the past year spent waiting in misery for any kind of correspondence from them.
thank you guys once again.