Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 march 2013
Passport Req..
8 may 2013
VISA ISSUED...
(in process on 10 oct )
bossbig said:
Me too... Only have status display - application recd, we recd your medical report.... No updates after that... I am a march applicant too.
Me too

RD.NewDelhi

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th April 2013
AOR Received.
16th May 2013
File Transfer...
22nd May 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
11th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
ip - 26th oct(changed on ecas on 29th) || DM checked on 11th Nov || visa issued on 4th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
soooooooonnnnn :)
rapunzel1228 said:
Congrats to everyone who got their DM's and passports and wishing a faster DM for others who are waiting.

Need a quick information: I got engaged to my would be (he is Canadian PR) in May. I am getting married in December. I know it takes around 6 months to get the DM. Is it a good idea to apply for visitor Visa in the month of November stating that I am planning to visit Canada for visiting attractions and also visiting my cousin brother (he is in Canada)? I will apply at the end of January for PR. How this would help me is that I could go to Canada in the month of February and stay with him till the passport request comes in.

Does applying visitor VISA affect the timelines of my Spousal PR approval? Any information and suggestions will make my day. :)
font think its gonna happen -- once they know u r getting married they'll most prolly reject it. That's what v have seen so far. Plus NDVO asks for passport in the beginning of the process. I got it in 40 days after applying.

and if in case u get lucky and get visitor visa -- i wont affect spousal PR.
and i would suggest keep all the required documents ready well before ur wedding (all those that u can before wedding) so that u guys can apply asap after wedding.

GOOD LUCK :)

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Hey-lo folks! 8) u guys won't be knowin' me..but I know many of here in this forum..coz I've been following this forum fer a long time as I'm in the same boat as many of u guys (kinda)..I applied fer me wife and was waitin to hear bout the visa. Well, the wait is finally ova!!! ;D wifey called yesday tellin that she got d visa! :D
Here is the timeline fer all ya guys..

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......: 11 March, 2013 (received at the office)
AOR Received.: somewhere in April beginnin' 2013
File Transfer...: April, 2013
Med's Done....: 06 FEB, 2013 (sent along wid the forms)
Interview........: WAIVED
Passport Req..: 28 June, 2013

Since then was waitin impatiently... was fustrated coz of the strike too.. so didnt check fer past 2 weeks (usually I check regularly) and when chekd last sunday..saw Decision Made when checkd in detail saw that the processing began from Sep 18 and today OCT 3 wifey got her passport wid the visa :)

Guys keep hopes high...e-cas updates cannot be trusted 100% , I remember when I was in similar situation the e-cas in my case showd no changes even aftr I receivd my passport..

So keep hopes high..hope you all get the passports soon and wid your families ;)

Take care ppl..God Bless folks! 8)
LANDED..........: VERY SOON.

RD.NewDelhi

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26th April 2013
AOR Received.
16th May 2013
File Transfer...
22nd May 2013
Med's Done....
March 2013
Passport Req..
11th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
ip - 26th oct(changed on ecas on 29th) || DM checked on 11th Nov || visa issued on 4th Nov 2013
LANDED..........
soooooooonnnnn :)
Denzil said:
Hey-lo folks! 8) u guys won't be knowin' me..but I know many of here in this forum..coz I've been following this forum fer a long time as I'm in the same boat as many of u guys (kinda)..I applied fer me wife and was waitin to hear bout the visa. Well, the wait is finally ova!!! ;D wifey called yesday tellin that she got d visa! :D
Here is the timeline fer all ya guys..

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......: 11 March, 2013 (received at the office)
AOR Received.: somewhere in April beginnin' 2013
File Transfer...: April, 2013
Med's Done....: 06 FEB, 2013 (sent along wid the forms)
Interview........: WAIVED
Passport Req..: 28 June, 2013

Since then was waitin impatiently... was fustrated coz of the strike too.. so didnt check fer past 2 weeks (usually I check regularly) and when chekd last sunday..saw Decision Made when checkd in detail saw that the processing began from Sep 18 and today OCT 3 wifey got her passport wid the visa :)

Guys keep hopes high...e-cas updates cannot be trusted 100% , I remember when I was in similar situation the e-cas in my case showd no changes even aftr I receivd my passport..

So keep hopes high..hope you all get the passports soon and wid your families ;)

Take care ppl..God Bless folks! 8)
LANDED..........: VERY SOON.
Congrats :)

Ankur Jain

Feb 4, 2013
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th March 2013
AOR Received.
9th March' 2013
Med's Done....
1st November 2012
Passport Req..
26th April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2013
rapunzel1228 said:
Congrats to everyone who got their DM's and passports and wishing a faster DM for others who are waiting.

Need a quick information: I got engaged to my would be (he is Canadian PR) in May. I am getting married in December. I know it takes around 6 months to get the DM. Is it a good idea to apply for visitor Visa in the month of November stating that I am planning to visit Canada for visiting attractions and also visiting my cousin brother (he is in Canada)? I will apply at the end of January for PR. How this would help me is that I could go to Canada in the month of February and stay with him till the passport request comes in.

Does applying visitor VISA affect the timelines of my Spousal PR approval? Any information and suggestions will make my day. :)
I too applied for visitors visa way in advance before my wedding and got it within 4 days. Just mention that u want to visit Canada and ask your friends/relatives who live there to mail u a good invitation letter that u can attach with ur application. If u apply after ur wedding then it will be very difficult to get visitors visa.
I went to Canada immediately after my marriage on visitors visa and applied for my PR while staying there. You can do the same :).
If you want any specific help or advice regarding visitors visa you can send me personal message.

All the best for your marriage and future too.

canz

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 march 2013
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
3 april 2013
File Transfer...
3 april 2013
Med's Done....
jan 2013
Interview........
waived recommended
Passport Req..
missed twice.pp sent on 4 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in process since 26 october 2013
Gsingh88 said:
Hey guys, anyone here for whom it took over 2 months for passport request after file tranfered to delhi ?
me 6 months

Jun 13, 2013
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
04-18-2013
File Transfer...
04-18-2013
Med's Done....
12-24-2013
Passport Req..
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2013
Hi Guys
I m so happy, today my husband got passport back with shiny visa.
gud luk evyone for new life
have a great day ahead, wishing lot more visa's

canz

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5 march 2013
Doc's Request.
not yet
AOR Received.
3 april 2013
File Transfer...
3 april 2013
Med's Done....
jan 2013
Interview........
waived recommended
Passport Req..
missed twice.pp sent on 4 oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
in process since 26 october 2013
Oshazi said:
Thanks for the details canz
Page 12 -outgoing - items requested: 0
On page 16 - incoming - items: passport/ travel document - status: not started

Seems like they have not yet made PPR request
Will wait for couple weeks and then contact MP
ohk.yes u shud wait for couple weeks nd then contact to ur MP

cat_in_craddle

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
File Transfer...
21 Feb, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
I think waived off...
Passport Req..
March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Before my first marriage anniversary - Nov 18, 2013
pari_dec12 said:
Congratulations can you plz let me know if your wife went to VFS or not. My wife went on Oct 2nd to VFS do you know how long it will take to get her passport back thanks
Hi pari_dec12,
Are you from Nepal or India {sorry to ask directly} ?

If you are from Nepal, then NDVO sent her an optional letter that she could take that to VFS if she wants things to be processed form VFS. She did the same.

Rest is up in the hand of NDVO. There will be update in VFS tracker only when NDVO hands the passport to them, when the passport reaches to Nepal, and after it has been taken away from client. It will take around 3 days {if not handed them on thursday/Friday } to deliver you the passport after VFS in delhi gets it.

cat_in_craddle

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
File Transfer...
21 Feb, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
I think waived off...
Passport Req..
March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
suban said:
Congratulations !! one question- I have already paid to courier company in Kathmandu for two way service. That is Kathmandu to Delhi and Delhi to Kathmandu after visa issuance. Do u think they ask for "Address Request" in this case?
Hi Suban,

Which courier are you talking about ? I think you are in the same transition-trouble as i was in. These days, VFS is one of the easiest way to send or receive passport from. When I was trying to send passport from VFS in March, they were not working and I sent from DHL.

I do not know the charges to send passport, but it charges ~1220 NRS to get passport back.

Has NDVO asked for an address to return passport ? {they send email to principal applicant, not sponsor. check inbox, spam everywhere}

You will be supplied an addition letter from NDVO if you want to proceed with VFS. If you want to do that, take the letter to VFS, and pay the bill. If you get the letter, forget about the money you paid to courier and process with VFS.. I got my passport on 3rd day of dispatch from NDVO.

cat_in_craddle

Star Member
Jan 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb, 2013
AOR Received.
Feb 2013
File Transfer...
21 Feb, 2013
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Interview........
I think waived off...
Passport Req..
March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Gsingh88 said:
Hey guys, my case is little diffrent. I don knw if any of you can give any suggestions.
My wife was in canada before our marriage as student for 3 years, than her study permit expired and she applied for extension within 90 days restroration time. But we came to india to get married before any decision on that application. So after our marriage, restoration file got refused and they advised her to leave canada asap(no deportation orders), but we contacted cic and told them that she was alrdy in india before that decision.
Than we tried for visitor visa just for sake of it, that got refused too (prety well understandable)
Than i applied for her as a spouse in june. And we mentioned about all the previous refusals in the applications.

Any views about this plz..
What i think is - forget everything thats before her marriage. After marriage, and under spousal sponsorship, she is fairly clean. Its a new beginning.

shilsak

Apr 26, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
yes nov 2013
LANDED..........
yes !!
Congrats sukhvinder tony.., wow ur visa came pretty fast :)... Lucky u

Ms. Boyal

Sep 23, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
AOR Received.
May 2013
File Transfer...
2nd June
Passport Req..
3rd September
VISA ISSUED...
God knows

shilsak

Apr 26, 2013
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
Med's Done....
28-01-2013
Passport Req..
15-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
yes nov 2013
LANDED..........
yes !!
Hi sukhvinder, did u chck ur ecas bfr?? N if yes was thr dm or inprocess??

Atrayee Bhaumik

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
NO
File Transfer...
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Passport Req..
30-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-2013
LANDED..........
06-11-2013
cat_in_craddle said:
What i think is - forget everything thats before her marriage. After marriage, and under spousal sponsorship, she is fairly clean. Its a new beginning.
Hi Cat_in_cradle ,
I guess you got your visa. Congratulations buddy !!!
My status is still in process since September 18th .
I am a march end applicant , still waiting for the visa.... :-[ :-[ :-[

I am hoping that I get some good news after Durga Puja is over .
Does it usually take 8 months for the entire process?