+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New CRS Score After November 19

Yeenca

Dec 9, 2016
Hi guys,

Prior to November 19, my CRS was 438 points.
I have a diploma from a college here in Canada as well as a Bachelor's degree from a university here in Canada.
In total, I have 4 years of education- 2 years at the college, 2 years at the university.
The college I attended has an articulation agreement with the university that states that upon receiving a college diploma, students can complete 2 more academic years at the university to obtain their degree (which is what I did).
Prior to November 19, in level of education, I chose the option " Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute".
After November 19, my score on my EE profile is now 488. (All my information remained the same)
The express entry questions changed and removed the "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" option.
When I answer the new questions, I think it's now calculating that I have 2 or more certificates and has given me the extra points associated with this option.
By the way, the CRS calculator on here gives me 468. I have answered the questions honestly and truthfully. I have a diploma from the college as well as my Bsc from the university to prove my education.
I'm just scared that they I will be accused of misrepresentation, which isn't true. What do you guys think?
Thank you for your assistance!

I have 2 education entries on my EE profile.

Entry 1:

Has APPLICANT finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? Yes
Complete/full academic years- 2
Full-time/part-time study- 2, full time
Standing at the end of study period - Certificate or degree awarded
Country of study- Canada
Name of school/institution: Fanshawe
Level of education- Two year program at a university, college or other institute
Was APPLICANT awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? Yes
Was this degree, diploma or certificate from a public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec)- Yes
Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses? No
Did APPLICANT study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills? No

Entry 2:

Has APPLICANT finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)? Yes
Complete/full academic years- 2
Full-time/part-time study- 2, full time
Standing at the end of study period - Certificate or degree awarded
Country of study- Canada
Name of school/institution: Nipissing University
Level of education- Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Was APPLICANT awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study? Yes
Was this degree, diploma or certificate from a public post-secondary school, such as a college, trade/technical school, university or CEGEP (in Quebec)- Yes
Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses? No
Did APPLICANT study in Canada based on an award that required them to go back to their home country to apply their knowledge and skills? No

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is odd because one of the requirements for "two or more certificates" is to have a three-year or more degree.

You've answered that you have a bachelors degree but clearly stated that you studied for 2 years.

No idea here.

Yeenca

Dec 9, 2016
Yes. I thought the same as well, but the two or more certificates option was removed. I don't know if it is is a newly implemented rule or something.
Thanks for your response though :)