+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Citizenship Forms ?

sand8000

Jun 27, 2011
Hi All
I am eligible to apply for Citizenship under the pre -june 2017 ruling and I have the forms filled out using the old forms. I have noticed that the link in citizenship Canada now says that there is a new form dated june 2017 but when I try to download the forms it says something about adobe not being updated.
My question is ..can I send in the old form ?

sand8000

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All
I am eligible to apply for Citizenship under the pre -june 2017 ruling and I have the forms filled out using the old forms. I have noticed that the link in citizenship Canada now says that there is a new form dated june 2017 but when I try to download the forms it says something about adobe not being updated.
My question is ..can I send in the old form ?

sand8000
No, they will reject old form. Please right click on the link and save form to your desktop without opening. After that, open form from your desktop - it will work fine.

sand8000

Jun 27, 2011
No, they will reject old form. Please right click on the link and save form to your desktop without opening. After that, open form from your desktop - it will work fine.
Thanks that did the trick, what about the Phyical calculator form, does that change also?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks that did the trick, what about the Phyical calculator form, does that change also?
Have you saved your calculation earlier? I saved it weeks before I applied and when I logged in on the day of my application, I just retrieved my old calculation, updated my date of application and printed out/signed OK. The calculator changes when the physical presence requirement changes (from 3 years to 4 years etc.).

Just follow the newest link to Calculator and try to retrieve your previous calculation. If it is still there, means it is valid. Also, every webpage shows at the bottom last date changed. Right now I see 2016-10-06 at the bottom so if you did yours after that date, it is still good. You need to put the same date of application on your calculator as on your application form though.

Reactions: dpenabill

sand8000

Jun 27, 2011
Have you saved your calculation earlier? I saved it weeks before I applied and when I logged in on the day of my application, I just retrieved my old calculation, updated my date of application and printed out/signed OK. The calculator changes when the physical presence requirement changes (from 3 years to 4 years etc.).

Just follow the newest link to Calculator and try to retrieve your previous calculation. If it is still there, means it is valid. Also, every webpage shows at the bottom last date changed. Right now I see 2016-10-06 at the bottom so if you did yours after that date, it is still good. You need to put the same date of application on your calculator as on your application form though.

Thanks Again..yes I had it saved and was able to retrieve.
For those that might be reading this

-Applications form is different
-physical calculator remains the same i.e 1460 days required
-all other requirements looks to be same

cheers and happy citizenship to all !

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Again..yes I had it saved and was able to retrieve.
For those that might be reading this

-Applications form is different
-physical calculator remains the same i.e 1460 days required
-all other requirements looks to be same

cheers and happy citizenship to all !
And photo specifications have not been updated since 2012 :D