+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEW CHANGES C-50...............any idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
Bill C-50 Changes
Bill C-50 introduces three dramatic changes to Immigration procedure.
Cases filed in the Economic classes (workers and businessmen) after February 27, 2008 will get a selection decision in six to twelve months.
Visa offices will get an annual quota and once that quota is filled they will return all surplus applications without comment and without taking the processing fee.
Worker cases will be placed in three categories and processed in priority, not in chronological order. those three categories are AEO first, GOL second, SAP last.
Cases filed before February 27 will not be subject to Bill C-50. However, they will continue to be subject to very slow processing times.

Family Class, Refugees and Provincial Nominees are exempted from Bill C-50.

AEO cases are those with an informal job offer that has been approved by Services Canada. For more information, see the article on this website under Programs.

GOL cases are who have work experience on a list of Occupations (the General Occupations List) published by the government. This GOL has not yet been published but will be at least by November this year.

SAP cases are those with 67 points but without GOL experience.

Most Visa office managers will begin each fiscal year presuming they will get enough AEO and GOL cases to fill their quotas. They will presume they will not need to process any SAP cases. They will hold SAP cases and as soon as the quota is filled they will return the SAP applications. They will also return any surplus GOL cases. The only year they will process SAP cases may be 2008 because the GOL is not published yet.

The only group where the visa office will expect less applications than the total quota will be the AEO class. Every AEO application takes priority over GOL and SAP and so all of these cases should be accepted for processing.

Because they will fill their quota from AEO and GOL, it is unlikely that they will have any surplus quota to process very many cases from the backlog. those cases will go even more slowly than they have in the past.

The software the government uses for the cases in the backlog does not allow them to search the data base by occupation and therefore even if the clients in the backlog have GOL experience, the Immigration Department would have no way of knowing this. There are provisions for allowing backlog clients to refile under certain conditions.

missioncanada

Star Member
Aug 28, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks sidhu ji its a great information for every one . But can anyone describe more about GOL.

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
under which category u fall missioncanada??

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
dear sanjeev
when u r dying for something u will put your last penny to get into it .................
this all information is from friends like you who r suffering from the same pain..............
please elaborate it with help of senior members as they 've got more knowledge.
they are saying they will take AEO on priority basis but what im seeing is they r treating them like nothing.

Chander

Jul 31, 2009
Dear All,
i applied in 2006 and added AEO in July.Pls let me know that when i will get medical.Yr guideline will be great for me.Early reply is requested.

hao8165

Feb 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-10-2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
23-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2010 (In person)
The Bill C-50 was approved last year in June. Actually, the current immigration process is under the new direction of Bill C-50. it's not really something new.

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
chander
they r taking AEO veru seriously as some of them r fake
so be patient u will get medicals in sept what i think
rest is on almighty

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
they r doing a strict check at aEO these days ... even when u get it approved from hrdc ... as it is happening in my case.

Its been more than 2 months and my employer have no news at all about AEO ...

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
simon what is ur case

aeo??
or
sap??
pls revert

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
dont know about SAP ... i m a software developer in US on h1b . i got a job offer in canada and they will get me positive AEO as they said and then i will apply for immigrtion ...

gsidhu

Aug 19, 2009
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
under process
Interview........
Rabb Rabb karo
the complete process for aeo is more than 6 mnths...........as hrsdc takes time to issue

maoist

Jul 18, 2009
The Bill C-50 passed in June last year did not contain the details posted by gsidhu.
Bill C-50 just gives the Immigration Minister power to "give instructions with respect to the processing of applications and requests, including instructions ....".

what gsidhu posted are the specific instructions issued by the Minister after Bill C-50 was passed.

I remember seeing them before, but cannot remember where and when.

hao8165 said:
The Bill C-50 was approved last year in June. Actually, the current immigration process is under the new direction of Bill C-50. it's not really something new.