28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
dith said:
is it a good idea to withdraw the application? been here in canada for 2 years only.
I think you've misunderstood - you need 12 months of qualifying experience within the past 3 years. You don't need 3 years of continuous experience.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Matt the Aussie said:
I think you've misunderstood - you need 12 months of qualifying experience within the past 3 years. You don't need 3 years of continuous experience.
that's exactly what I meant.

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
Goku said:
that's exactly what I meant.
I know YOU know that :p I was answering dith...lol

dith

Jun 9, 2008
I understand the 12months experience, but what confuses me is the 3 years,,, should be it like i must be in canada for 3 years and gain 1 year skilled experience?
Im only on my 2nd year here in canada.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
dith said:
I understand the 12months experience, but what confuses me is the 3 years,,, should be it like i must be in canada for 3 years and gain 1 year skilled experience?
No, you don't have to be in Canada for three years. What this means is, that you have to have gained
the 12 months experience within the last three years.
Ie. you can't count experience from March 1994 - July 2001 ::) Got it?

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
dith said:
No, you don't have to be here 3 years.

All you need to do is:
a) have 12 or more months of qualifying experience
b) have that experience be within the past 3 years

dith

Jun 9, 2008
iam_toby said:
No, you don't have to be in Canada for three years. What this means is, that you have to have gained
the 12 months experience within the last three years.
Ie. you can't count experience from March 1994 - July 2001 ::) Got it?
:D thank u

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dith said:
It can even be your 1st year or even if you worked for 12 months 2 years ago and left canada, u still can apply.. they only mean any experience gained before the 3 years preceeding your application, will not be accepted

dith

Jun 9, 2008
medabor said:
It can even be your 1st year or even if you worked for 12 months 2 years ago and left canada, u still can apply.. they only mean any experience gained before the 3 years preceeding your application, will not be accepted
Very happy now, really appreciate all the input, glad i found this forum....thank u medabor

medabor

Star Member
Jan 1, 2014
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dith said:
Very happy now, really appreciate all the input, glad i found this forum....thank u medabor
You are very welcome. Yup this forum is the bestest ever ! i got answers for every single question i asked :) Good luck

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
I have sent my RCMP clearance and my Wife's FBI Clearance Original Letters to Ottawa . As these are original documents so I have sent through post with tracking and signature option .

I see its delivered and Canada post has provided as per them legal delivery proof ;D document too . Though I don't see any signature's currently as it say "Online signature is not available" :(

Is there any way I can confirm with CIC that they have received and are satisfied with Docs?

I haven't mentioned any application number , outside of letter/Post , though have a cover letter explaining "Why I am sending these documents" with details ( APP# , Name . DOB, UCI etc )

Can I reply on initial mail where CIC asked RCMP clearance letter , to confirm if they received ?

stcanada

Apr 12, 2012
Gurindar said:
I have sent my RCMP clearance and my Wife's FBI Clearance Original Letters to Ottawa . As these are original documents so I have sent through post with tracking and signature option .

I see its delivered and Canada post has provided as per them legal delivery proof ;D document too . Though I don't see any signature's currently as it say "Online signature is not available" :(

Is there any way I can confirm with CIC that they have received and are satisfied with Docs?

I haven't mentioned any application number , outside of letter/Post , though have a cover letter explaining "Why I am sending these documents" with details ( APP# , Name . DOB, UCI etc )

Can I reply on initial mail where CIC asked RCMP clearance letter , to confirm if they received ?

You can send an email to CPC @ CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca and they will respond. I have sent the Original PCC 10 days ago and sent an email to CPC yesterday. I got response today from CPC and they confirmed that they have attached the documents to my file.