+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New caregiver process

Boney Mathew

Feb 11, 2015
Hi

I am an Indian and my employer starting the process for caregiver programme.Let me know,whether spouse can also apply with caregiver as per the new caregiver path way process.

Reactions: Ann juma

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

I am an Indian and my employer starting the process for caregiver programme.Let me know,whether spouse can also apply with caregiver as per the new caregiver path way process.
No - your spouse cannot accompany you.

jessicamanico

Mar 4, 2019
No - your spouse cannot accompany you.
Sorry for interrupting in cos a have question related to this.
Dear Scylla, I have been working in Toronto as live-in-caregiver since Oct 2018. My in law partner is in India and he is holding Canada visitor visa. He will be coming to Canada soon to get marry. My question is, is there any way to sponsor him. I have read in cic website that it is possible if
1. I have enough money to convince immigration officer that i can support him (i can show as i have savings) and
2. if my current employer agrees that my spouse can live in same home where i perform my job (my boss also agrees on this).
Please give your professional advice on this. Thank you for reading my msg and your kind attention.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sorry for interrupting in cos a have question related to this.
Dear Scylla, I have been working in Toronto as live-in-caregiver since Oct 2018. My in law partner is in India and he is holding Canada visitor visa. He will be coming to Canada soon to get marry. My question is, is there any way to sponsor him. I have read in cic website that it is possible if
1. I have enough money to convince immigration officer that i can support him (i can show as i have savings) and
2. if my current employer agrees that my spouse can live in same home where i perform my job (my boss also agrees on this).
Please give your professional advice on this. Thank you for reading my msg and your kind attention.
FYI - I'm not an immigration professional.

I'm not sure what you mean by sponsor him. He can only come temporarily as a visitor - he cannot live here with you. Once you apply for PR, you can include him in your application and he will get PR status along with you. Then he will be able to live in Canada.

If he wants to live in Canada before he has PR, then he would need to obtain his own work permit by getting a job offer and approved LMIA.

sheenabadua

Dec 29, 2016
Hello,

Please give me advice .. I tried to check my eligibility through IRCC online application then the results is CARING WITH A PEOPLE WITH HIGH MEDICAL NEEDS .. Open work permit . I AM A CERTIFIED CAREGIVER FOR 5 YEARS .. I HAVE MADE MY GENERIC APPLICATION ALREADY ,IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY THAT MY APPLICATION WILL APPROVED EVEN THOUGH I DO NOT HAVE JOB OFFER YET?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

rmintl

May 27, 2018
thank you very much for you advice. i read this on below website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=241&top=28
very thankful for your kind help on this.
Hi jessicamanico,
It's interesting that IRCC has that on their website. I personally don't know anybody or have heard that they were able to bring their family with them under the caregiver program. But just reading it I think it will not be easy to convince an officer that the caregiver will have sufficient funds to support their family memebers while in canada. The good news is the government had announced that a new caregiver program will be launched later this year. Under the 5 year-pilot caregiver program, tacregivers can come together with their family.Spouse and dependent children can come together as accompanying family members of the caregiver. Spouse will be entitled to an open work permit (no need to find employer to apply fpr open work permit) - children will be granted study permits. This is a direct pathway to PR

sksk

May 14, 2014
Hello

I am planing to apply next year as a caregiver. really confuse with the new rules. Just need help of understanding that can we bring our family when we apply as a caregiver.

Reactions: Kudoj118

jessicamanico

Mar 4, 2019
Hi jessicamanico,
It's interesting that IRCC has that on their website. I personally don't know anybody or have heard that they were able to bring their family with them under the caregiver program. But just reading it I think it will not be easy to convince an officer that the caregiver will have sufficient funds to support their family memebers while in canada. The good news is the government had announced that a new caregiver program will be launched later this year. Under the 5 year-pilot caregiver program, tacregivers can come together with their family.Spouse and dependent children can come together as accompanying family members of the caregiver. Spouse will be entitled to an open work permit (no need to find employer to apply fpr open work permit) - children will be granted study permits. This is a direct pathway to PR
thank you very much for your advice. But wondering if that pilot program will be for new caregivers or will I be falling in that category as well. I started work in Sep 2018. And also not sure if it is under LCP. BTW thank you for your reply.

rmintl

May 27, 2018
thank you very much for your advice. But wondering if that pilot program will be for new caregivers or will I be falling in that category as well. I started work in Sep 2018. And also not sure if it is under LCP. BTW thank you for your reply.
You're welcome jessicamanico. :) I think the pilot program will be for new caregivers. IRCC will provide more details about the process and requirements before Nov 2019.
This is from IRCC website: The Live-in Caregiver Program is closed to new applicants. You can only apply for permanent residence through the program if you:

• are already working in Canada with an LCP work permit, or
  • were approved for your first LCP work permit based on an employer's positive Labour Market Impact Assessment application submitted on or before November 30, 2014

Last edited:
Reactions: jessicamanico