+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New buyers

Mike_Thompson

Dec 6, 2012
For people who are looking into buying their first homes and are already PR holders, have decent credit but no down payment, I have stumbled across something a friend has been doing that is an alternative to help people get into their first/2nd etc. houses without a downpayment. Wondering if anyone has ever encountered this as I find it pretty interesting and he showed me a few cases. I know there are a lot of challenges for new comers but was wondering if this was really one of them? He doesn't focus on new comers but usually young couples with good jobs but no downpayment and helps them out and I suggested he look into this category. He also helps rebuild/establish credit through an alternative method but he mostly works closely with real estate brokers, mortgage brokers and trustees in bankruptcy and FA's and Advisors. So just wanted to know if this is something that may be a niche for newcomers as I know that not everyone can afford the 35% but could possibly do with a little boost and may help single individuals get into the 25% range of their downpayments to avoid CMHC fees.