+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Brunswick Stay. Please Help.

Darios80

Mar 25, 2017
Hello All,

Any input is appreciated.

I landed in NB in 2019. Went back home and sent a form to report my landing. Told them I will provide my address in NB once I settle.

I made the final move later in 2019 with the full intention of staying in the province. Within a month, I got 2 job interviews, one within my NOC and not, but no offers. I then got a job offer within my NOC in Toronto and moved in the next month without notifying NBPNP.

Recently I received an email from NBPNP asking me to fill the form again and to send my address in NB.

Dont know what to do at this point and how I should respond to the email. I'm worried and stressed over this, so your input is greatly appreciated.

Anyone went through a similar situation? What did you do and how was their response?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
So you only lived in New Brunswick for about a month? That's dicey. Proof you tried and failed to find a job in the province is good, but "giving up" after just a month and two interviews may not be enough from their point of view.

Darios80

Mar 25, 2017
So you only lived in New Brunswick for about a month? That's dicey. Proof you tried and failed to find a job in the province is good, but "giving up" after just a month and two interviews may not be enough from their point of view.
Won't having a job offer, within your NOC, be of enough reason to move? I don't know if rejecting such an offer would be a good idea, especially if the alternative is to sit around in the province unemployed. Don't you agree?
Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Won't having a job offer, within your NOC, be of enough reason to move? I don't know if rejecting such an offer would be a good idea, especially if the alternative is to sit around in the province unemployed. Don't you agree?
Thanks
But you agreed to settle in New Brunswick, meaning you probably should have tried a little harder to get a job there rather than giving up after just one month. Did you try to use any of the services they provide to help new arrivals secure employment?

Darios80

Mar 25, 2017
But you agreed to settle in New Brunswick, meaning you probably should have tried a little harder to get a job there rather than giving up after just one month. Did you try to use any of the services they provide to help new arrivals secure employment?
No actually I did not. I thought that those 2 job interviews would suffice to credit my trials. I also asked my lawyer before moving to Toronto and they said it's fine. I didn't know that there are actually services to help new arrivals with employment. I'm thinking of acquiring legal assistance to answer that email. What do you think I should do?
Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
This might all come to nothing but usually you're supposed to give it at least six months or a year before relocating to another province. Two interviews isn't exactly a lot.

Darios80

Mar 25, 2017
This might all come to nothing but usually you're supposed to give it at least six months or a year before relocating to another province. Two interviews isn't exactly a lot.
Thank you for your input and the time you spent replying to me.
Good day.