+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Brunswick PNP (NB PNP) - paper based? Money Order?

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Hi there,

my wife got ITA to apply for a NB PNP. We started filling out the forms today. I have two questions, hoping you can help me out:

1. It looks like NB PNP is NOT an online program, and we have to fill in, print, sign and send the documents in hard copy to NB Office. Can somebody confirm that?

2. Fees payment. Now this is new to me, as they ask to choose the preferred method of payment. I can choose:
 Money Order, payable to the Minister of Finance (attach money order to the fee payment form)
 Certified Cheque, payable to the Minister of Finance (attach certified cheque to the fee payment form)

I've never used any of the above. I live in Europe and we do not generally use money orders or cheques. We pay with credit card or a bank transfer.
I don't even have cheque book, and the banks here do not issue them. So I guess I would have to go with a money order. How do I go about it? Can I just go to Western Union and say "I need a bank transfer of 250CAD payable to the Minister of Finance?". Sorry if the question is stupid, but this is totally new to me and feels so...old school.

Thanks!

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
Michal said:
Hi there,

my wife got ITA to apply for a NB PNP. We started filling out the forms today. I have two questions, hoping you can help me out:

1. It looks like NB PNP is NOT an online program, and we have to fill in, print, sign and send the documents in hard copy to NB Office. Can somebody confirm that?

2. Fees payment. Now this is new to me, as they ask to choose the preferred method of payment. I can choose:
 Money Order, payable to the Minister of Finance (attach money order to the fee payment form)
 Certified Cheque, payable to the Minister of Finance (attach certified cheque to the fee payment form)

I've never used any of the above. I live in Europe and we do not generally use money orders or cheques. We pay with credit card or a bank transfer.
I don't even have cheque book, and the banks here do not issue them. So I guess I would have to go with a money order. How do I go about it? Can I just go to Western Union and say "I need a bank transfer of 250CAD payable to the Minister of Finance?". Sorry if the question is stupid, but this is totally new to me and feels so...old school.

Thanks!
Dear Michal,

Congrats for NBPNP EOI selection! Have your answers as follows:

1. NBPNP application system is not online yet! But their paper based system is faster than some of other province i.e. faster than Sask.
2. I am from Asia and don't have much knowledge but more or less, an FDD (Foreign Demand Draft) is universal mode of payment which is equivalent to money order/certified cheque. Just contact your bank and make an FDD in favor of any Canadian bank (mine was Bank of Nova Scotia).

Hope these above lines will help you finding answers. Thanks

Michau

Star Member
Feb 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Michal: I wanted to reply to your PM but keep getting errors. Can you send me your email?

For the fee payment, most people from the OOPNP thread used a banker's cheque (czek bankierski) - you can buy it at PKO BP. I personally just flew to Toronto to buy a money order at RBC - it's only 8 hours, you can do it too :p

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Michau said:
@ Michal: I wanted to reply to your PM but keep getting errors. Can you send me your email?

For the fee payment, most people from the OOPNP thread used a banker's cheque (czek bankierski) - you can buy it at PKO BP. I personally just flew to Toronto to buy a money order at RBC - it's only 8 hours, you can do it too :p
I also want to ask the similar thing but its for oopnp applocation.
I am living in pakistan and the only option that i get here is demand draft.

I want to confirm if i can submit this demand draft in place of my bank draft and are bank draft and demand draft same thing ?

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
I have submitted my documents along with MO.

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
I get it from TD bank, It should be on name of "Minister of Finance" , Bank Reps are aware of Money Draft under this name so would not take much time.

aosman

Star Member
Aug 14, 2015
Dear Friends..

How to have our background checked ?

Who checks it ?

When is it done ? before getting NBPNP or after verification is the NBPNP issued?

What is the cost involved ?

I have gone through the guide a couple of time, unfortunately cannot understand it completely..

Whoever has received a nomination from NB, kindly share step by step process in order to apply..

Appreciate your help..

Regards

Affan