+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Brunswick Citizenship Applicants

jssa

Oct 18, 2017
This is for New Brunswick Citizenship Applicants only.

Please share Citizenship Application timeline so we all know the reason for the delay from New Brunwick.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Wasn't aware of a New Brunswick specific delay?

My timeline so far is

Application received - April 3rd.

AOR - April 24th

IP - June 27th.

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
How are you going to know reason for delay from timelines?

The obvious reason for delay (if you want to call it a delay) is more applications per staff.

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Name: Naheulbeuck
App.Type: Individual
Physical Presence Days: 1,376
App Sent: May 20, 2018
App Recd: May 24, 2018
AOR: Jul 23, 2018
In Process: Aug 09, 2018
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

I'll try to keep you updated as my application goes through the steps. How are your applications going?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Anyone in NB had any movement lately? Still IP here since June 27th with no test invite. I haven't been able to find anyone on the spread sheets who had a test invite in recent months either.

jssa

Oct 18, 2017
App Type: Individual
App Sent: Oct 16, 2017
App Rec: Oct 18, 2017
AOR: Feb 12, 2018
In Process: Feb 20, 2018
Test Invite: Aug 24, 2018
Test date: Sep 13, 2018
Decision Made ECAS: Sep 14, 2018
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

Thanks,
Jssa

Reactions: robinhood_1984

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
App Type: Individual
App Sent: Oct 16, 2017
App Rec: Oct 18, 2017
AOR: Feb 12, 2018
In Process: Feb 20, 2018
Test Invite: Aug 24, 2018
Test date: Sep 13, 2018
Decision Made ECAS: Sep 14, 2018
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

Thanks,
Jssa
Thanks for the reply. Its reassuring to know that the length of time between IP and Test Invite is typical in NB, or at least not unusual. I'm at almost 4 months now and you waited 6 months for that bit so I'm going to stop fretting about it for now.

Congratulations on the DM too, that must be a huge relief. Hopefully you'll get an oath invitation soon.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
So, I finally got my test invite today, scheduled for November 21st in Fredericton. Unlike others I know who have done the same in Fredericton, my test isn't at the IRCC offices but rather at the Fredericton Inn. I wonder why?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
I had my test/interview yesterday in Fredericton. Passed the test 20/20 (It was really easy, much easier than I expected) and then had a very pleasant 10 minute or so interview. This morning my status was changed to decision made.

I was told to expect the oath ceremony to be anything from 3 to 6 months from now. Hopefully it'll be sooner, rather than later but like everything else, we have no control over that.

titin

Jun 6, 2014
I did my test and interview in Fredericton yesterday on Nov 22 and got Decision Made at 8 AM today on Nov 23. During the interview, I had a little chat with the officer. The reason it took us so long for the test invite (I am a January applicant) is because the Fredericton office currently only has one officer so all the officers in Fredericton Inn this week we saw are from Montreal office. This probably explains why our test is not in IRCC office but in Fredericton Inn. They came to Fredericton this week to do a few days citizenship tests and interviews. The tests and interviews have been scheduled both in the mornings and afternoons on Nov 21, 22, and 23 so they can process all the applicants that have been accumulated. I believe that they are traveling to Moncton from Montreal in December 10-14 for the regional tests, interviews, and ceremony.

She also told me that all the people they have been testing and interviewing in Fredericton this week will be all scheduled for the oath that would happen in January or February. It might be March but unlikely. It will be about 200 people that have tests this week so it will take a couple of days and probably both morning and afternoon to process our oath ceremonies.

Reactions: robinhood_1984

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
I did my test and interview in Fredericton yesterday on Nov 22 and got Decision Made at 8 AM today on Nov 23. During the interview, I had a little chat with the officer. The reason it took us so long for the test invite (I am a January applicant) is because the Fredericton office currently only has one officer so all the officers in Fredericton Inn this week we saw are from Montreal office. This probably explains why our test is not in IRCC office but in Fredericton Inn. They came to Fredericton this week to do a few days citizenship tests and interviews. The tests and interviews have been scheduled both in the mornings and afternoons on Nov 21, 22, and 23 so they can process all the applicants that have been accumulated. I believe that they are traveling to Moncton from Montreal in December 10-14 for the regional tests, interviews, and ceremony.

She also told me that all the people they have been testing and interviewing in Fredericton this week will be all scheduled for the oath that would happen in January or February. It might be March but unlikely. It will be about 200 people that have tests this week so it will take a couple of days and probably both morning and afternoon to process our oath ceremonies.
Congratulations on passing the test and getting DM. Its such a relief to know we're more or less past it all now and only have to wait for the ceremony.

titin

Jun 6, 2014
I got my oath invitation today via email. The oath is scheduled on January 16th, 2019. I submitted my application in January 2018 and it took almost a year to complete the journey. I am glad that it is finally over.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
I also got the oath invitation today via email, for January 16th as well. My application was received on April 3rd so less than a year for me, but I'm also hugely relieved that it's almost over now.

Polishflower

Dec 28, 2018
Good morning. I am also taking my oath in Fredericton on the 16th. I was hoping you might be able to help me with a question. The invitation said to bring only one guest. Both of my parents have been planning to fly to Canada for the ceremony but now I am not sure whether they will even be able to get into the room or whether it makes sense for them to book the tickets. Any thoughts on how you are handling guests or how lenient I should expect them to be?

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Good morning. I am also taking my oath in Fredericton on the 16th. I was hoping you might be able to help me with a question. The invitation said to bring only one guest. Both of my parents have been planning to fly to Canada for the ceremony but now I am not sure whether they will even be able to get into the room or whether it makes sense for them to book the tickets. Any thoughts on how you are handling guests or how lenient I should expect them to be?
I was wondering the same thing after reading that. One guest doesn't seem much but I get the impression that there has been a backlog in NB and these ceremonies are going to be getting through a large number of applicants, perhaps much more than is usual so maybe that's the reason for them saying only one guest?
I really don't know who you could contact to get a proper response. Obviously you don't want your parents to fly all the way from Poland, only to not be allowed in the room, that would be awful, but at the same time, we may all arrive on the 16th and then find out that it doesn't apply and some people have 5 guests etc.

The only thing I can think of is to contact UNB and ask to speak to somebody responsible for the building where the ceremony takes place and ask them. Perhaps it would also be possible to contact the IRCC office in Fredericton and ask them, though no idea if that would be successful or not.