+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New born sponsorship

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hello Mods and Members,

Hope you all are doing good.

My friend did soft landing in November 2018 along with his wife and 2 kids and came back to home country with PR cards. Now he is planning to permanently move but now he has a new born(third child). In this case can he sponsor the new born from his home country or does he have to be Inland to make that sponsorship application?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Mods and Members,

Hope you all are doing good.

My friend did soft landing in November 2018 along with his wife and 2 kids and came back to home country with PR cards. Now he is planning to permanently move but now he has a new born(third child). In this case can he sponsor the new born from his home country or does he have to be Inland to make that sponsorship application?

Your guidance is highly appreciated.

Thanks
He needs to be in Canada to sponsor the child.

Reactions: shaks_great

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Apply for a TRV for the child. Submit sponsorship application in Canada.
Thank you so much for the response.

Is it possible to apply for TRV when he is outside Canada. While filling the application, there is section of sponsor information where we have to give canadian address I assume. Can a PR holder sponsor put international address.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thank you so much for the response.

Is it possible to apply for TRV when he is outside Canada. While filling the application, there is section of sponsor information where we have to give canadian address I assume. Can a PR holder sponsor put international address.
As you were told above, the sponsor needs to reside in Canada to be eligible to sponsor. Only Canadian citizens can sponsor from abroad under certain conditions. Therefore, if he puts his address abroad, he is not eligible and this unnecessary increases the workload while there are enough delays at the moment. If you are the one advising him, remind him that he can only sponsor a dependant if he lives in Canada. This is assuming this part of your question is regarding the sponsorship application since there is no sponsor for TRV.

Yes, you can apply for TRV outside of Canada.

Reactions: shaks_great

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
He needs to be in Canada to sp
As you were told above, the sponsor needs to reside in Canada to be eligible to sponsor. Only Canadian citizens can sponsor from abroad under certain conditions. Therefore, if he puts his address abroad, he is not eligible and this unnecessary increases the workload while there are enough delays at the moment. If you are the one advising him, remind him that he can only sponsor a dependant if he lives in Canada. This is assuming this part of your question is regarding the sponsorship application since there is no sponsor for TRV.

Yes, you can apply for TRV outside of Canada.
Thanks for the response.

I understand that Sponsorship is not possible from outside Canada.

I was actually referring to the TRV application. Even for TRV , there is a section where it asks for inviting participant details. In that case can a sponsoring PR holder residing abroad enter the foreign address for TRV application of his child.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Thanks for the response.

I understand that Sponsorship is not possible from outside Canada.

I was actually referring to the TRV application. Even for TRV , there is a section where it asks for inviting participant details. In that case can a sponsoring PR holder residing abroad enter the foreign address for TRV application of his child.
Its important to use the correct terms to avoid confusion. There is no sponsor in a TRV application. If you refer to TRV, you are asking about the host details. In which case, I don't think it would make sense to write your address abroad if you want to invite them in Canada.

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Its important to use the correct terms to avoid confusion. There is no sponsor in a TRV application. If you refer to TRV, you are asking about the host details. In which case, I don't think it would make sense to write your address abroad if you want to invite them in Canada.
Sorry for the confusion. Host details for TRV application is what I meant.

So now if he cannot use international address in TRV application as host details, so he does not even qualify to apply for TRV for his new born from abroad. He has to make TRV application by being in Canada.

Got it. Thank you so much.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

So now if he cannot use international address in TRV application as host details, so he does not even qualify to apply for TRV for his new born from abroad. He has to make TRV application by being in Canada.

He doesn't need to be in Canada for the newborn to apply for a TRV.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019

No that's not what I said. There are not such criteria that would hinder the newborn to apply. I just meant that usually for a TRV application there should be an address in Canada where the applicant (newborn) will go. It's not a problem to have an address abroad but I'm just suggesting to indicate in the application where he intends to stay in Canada.