+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Born Dependant Child Sponsorship

Salve

Oct 10, 2019
Hello everyone,
I received the pre arrivel letter in my email for my wife. I don't know about the letter meaning to my sponsorship application. I do also want to know if you report a change of new born. How long is going to take?

Thanks.

Aug 2, 2018
Hello Rvche,

Since i did not reside in Canada when we submitted the sponsorship apllication, i did not cosign. And because i will be traveling to Canada with my son when he gets his PR visa then i didnt sign the declaration IMM5604. As proof of relationship, we submitted his birth certificate, passport, and in our country we have something called Family Judicial record its a paper identifying each member of the family (Father, mother, and children). But i dont think u have this in your country. So his birth certificate, and passport is enough if both the parents names are shown on them.

One more advise is to be prepared that it will take a long time for the application to be processed. My son was born in March 2019 and we submited the application on April 2019 ( just one month old baby) and last update was on June 2019. Since then we are waiting with no updates. Its surprising how long they take to process an application for a new born child with both parents already having a PR less than one year ago.
HI if you did not Co sign for the application
Did u attached any justification as to why u did not Co sign.
Because they demand documents such as IMM5604 (Declaration from Non-Accompanying parent or guardian for minors immigrating to canada
Or divorce or death etc.
But did u attach anything to justify that u have PR and u will accompany ur baby later after the baby gets PR?

Aug 2, 2018
Hello Rvche,

Since i did not reside in Canada when we submitted the sponsorship apllication, i did not cosign. And because i will be traveling to Canada with my son when he gets his PR visa then i didnt sign the declaration IMM5604. As proof of relationship, we submitted his birth certificate, passport, and in our country we have something called Family Judicial record its a paper identifying each member of the family (Father, mother, and children). But i dont think u have this in your country. So his birth certificate, and passport is enough if both the parents names are shown on them.

One more advise is to be prepared that it will take a long time for the application to be processed. My son was born in March 2019 and we submited the application on April 2019 ( just one month old baby) and last update was on June 2019. Since then we are waiting with no updates. Its surprising how long they take to process an application for a new born child with both parents already having a PR less than one year ago.
@Light89
HI if you did not Co sign for the application
Did u attached any justification as to why u did not Co sign.
Because they demand documents such as IMM5604 (Declaration from Non-Accompanying parent or guardian for minors immigrating to canada
Or divorce or death etc.
But did u attach anything to justify that u have PR and u will accompany ur baby later after the baby gets PR?