+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New born baby !!

Harrysagoo

May 14, 2016
Hello everyone,
My wife is a candian citizen & we sent in a spousal sponsorship on July 21,2015 & still waiting on my OWP. We had a baby girl born on April 12, 2016 and since then the circumstances have changed (financially & mentally) as my wife is unable to work. Is there any way to request CIC to expedite our application ?
Thanks in advance !

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
The birth of a child will not expedite the application process. However, you should notify the CIC by filling out a Case Specific Enquiry: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Harrysagoo

May 14, 2016
Thanks for the reply. Our baby was born premature and we've been in & out of the hospital most of the time. My wife did started to recieve E.I but that's not enough, as compared to her actually pay, for paying all the bills & rent & stuff for our newborn. Is this a good idea to mention this problem while doing submitting the case specific enquiry ?

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
There's no need. It won't do anything to expedite the process. If I remember correctly, the sponsor is allowed to get E.I, so I don't think that will be an issue or that you should mention it.

I'm sorry you're going through a tough situation now. Good luck!

Edit: I forgot, you do need notify them of her change in employment along with the birth. I just don't think you should/need to mention the: "but that's not enough, as compared to her actually pay, for paying all the bills & rent & stuff for our newborn"

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Harrysagoo said:
Thanks for the reply. Our baby was born premature and we've been in & out of the hospital most of the time. My wife did started to recieve E.I but that's not enough, as compared to her actually pay, for paying all the bills & rent & stuff for our newborn. Is this a good idea to mention this problem while doing submitting the case specific enquiry ?
As said above, CIC will not expedite the process. Informing them that you are having financial trouble is not a good idea, as they require you to be financially sound in order to approve the app.

If you applied inland in July 2015, your OWP should have arrived in November. Or are you out of status and have to wait for AIP?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Harrysagoo said:
My wife is a candian citizen & we sent in a spousal sponsorship on July 21,2015 & still waiting on my OWP.
Did you apply INLAND for PR, and submit the app for OWP along with the application? Or are you waiting for an OWP some other way?

As mentioned if you submitted with your app, you should have received it back in November 2015. The fact you haven't received it by now means you didn't qualify for it at the time (were you out of status when submitted the PR app?), or CIC lost the application. If you qualified for it, then you need to call them to ask what's going on.

Decoy24601 said:
Edit: I forgot, you do need notify them of her change in employment along with the birth.
They should notify CIC of the birth. However there is no need to inform them about change in employment.

Harrysagoo

May 14, 2016
Yes I was out of status for 2 days when we applied. Unfortunately, we had no idea at the time of applying. I applied for my provincial nominee before and they didn't get back to me untill after my status expired and when they did got back we were told that I'm not eligible since my wife is a Canadian citizen. So, to reapply and getting police checks it us some time and my GREAT immigration lawyer left us In a mess and never thought about restoring my status. We're finding all this now when it's already too late. I wish I did some research before signing a contract with them.

giants

Sep 20, 2017
!!!!HELP URGENT!!!

Hi - I have a question related to new born. I see lot of posts on new born but it is very overwhelming and I am looking for precise answer as we have limited time remaining to submit the documentation.

• I received the ITA (FSW) on Oct 4, 2017
  • Documentation (e-APR) deadline: Jan 3, 2018
  • My wife delivered a baby in Nov 2017 (which is after I received the ITA)
  • Baby's birth certificate is ready - I have to go to the town's health department Monday next week (12/18) to pick it up
  • I have a medical scheduled for my new born for Dec 19, 2017
  • I tried adding the new born using the following pointer and selecting in the dropdown "Replacing Documents, Amendment to Documents" -this was done on Dec 7, 2017

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I received a response from CIC today and I think they are trying to say that I should use the correct link/pointer for CSE for adding a new born but to me it is not making sense what shall I use.

Here is the response I received from CIC today (in redand italics):

Now my questions are :
  • How do I add the new born to the profile? What specific form to use for CSE?
  • Do I really need to add the new born before my documentation submission due date of Jan 3, 2018 or there is a work around?
  • I am sure I won't be getting the passport no sooner than mid-Jan, do I still need to add my new born in the application now and get his medical done on Dec 19, 2017 OR add my new born now to the application and get the newborn's medical check-up done later after Jan 3, 2018 OR submit everything now for me and my wife and everything related to my new born can be done later (after Jan 3, 2018)?

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service.

In order to help us better serve you, please follow the below guidelines to ensure your query goes to the right department to ensure we respond as quickly as possible:

Replacement of Document

If your enquiry is regarding replacing a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the
IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5545.

Amendment of Document

If your enquiry is regarding correcting an error, therefore requiring an amendment, on a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the
IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5218.

Case Status

If your enquiry is regarding a case status which has not yet been answered via other channels, please write back to us using the
IRCC Web form and choose one of the following options:

· Temporary Residence (applied online) or Temporary Residence (applied by Mail) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for any temporary residence application (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit).

· Permanent residence (applied by mail) or Permanent residence (applied online) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for a permanent residence application under an economic stream (i.e.: Provincial Nominee, Skilled Worker, Caregiver, etc.).

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

www.cic.gc.ca

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
!!!!HELP URGENT!!!

Hi - I have a question related to new born. I see lot of posts on new born but it is very overwhelming and I am looking for precise answer as we have limited time remaining to submit the documentation.

• I received the ITA (FSW) on Oct 4, 2017
  • Documentation (e-APR) deadline: Jan 3, 2018
  • My wife delivered a baby in Nov 2017 (which is after I received the ITA)
  • Baby's birth certificate is ready - I have to go to the town's health department Monday next week (12/18) to pick it up
  • I have a medical scheduled for my new born for Dec 19, 2017
  • I tried adding the new born using the following pointer and selecting in the dropdown "Replacing Documents, Amendment to Documents" -this was done on Dec 7, 2017

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

I received a response from CIC today and I think they are trying to say that I should use the correct link/pointer for CSE for adding a new born but to me it is not making sense what shall I use.

Here is the response I received from CIC today (in redand italics):

Now my questions are :
  • How do I add the new born to the profile? What specific form to use for CSE?
  • Do I really need to add the new born before my documentation submission due date of Jan 3, 2018 or there is a work around?
  • I am sure I won't be getting the passport no sooner than mid-Jan, do I still need to add my new born in the application now and get his medical done on Dec 19, 2017 OR add my new born now to the application and get the newborn's medical check-up done later after Jan 3, 2018 OR submit everything now for me and my wife and everything related to my new born can be done later (after Jan 3, 2018)?

Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

IRCC is always striving to improve our customer service.

In order to help us better serve you, please follow the below guidelines to ensure your query goes to the right department to ensure we respond as quickly as possible:

Replacement of Document

If your enquiry is regarding replacing a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the
IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5545.

Amendment of Document

If your enquiry is regarding correcting an error, therefore requiring an amendment, on a valid temporary resident document (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit), a Confirmation of Permanent Residence, or a Record of Landing, please visit the
IRCC Website for the concerned form to complete. All instructions can easily be found within the kit, specifically the Instruction Guide IMM 5218.

Case Status

If your enquiry is regarding a case status which has not yet been answered via other channels, please write back to us using the
IRCC Web form and choose one of the following options:

· Temporary Residence (applied online) or Temporary Residence (applied by Mail) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for any temporary residence application (i.e.: Visitor Record, Study Permit, Work Permit, and/or Temporary Resident Permit).

· Permanent residence (applied by mail) or Permanent residence (applied online) located in the drop down menu under the heading Enquiry for a permanent residence application under an economic stream (i.e.: Provincial Nominee, Skilled Worker, Caregiver, etc.).

We thank you for your understanding and patience as we seek to provide existing and future Canadians with the best client service.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

www.cic.gc.ca
Hi, this is the spousal sponsorship section of the forum so unfortunately the application works differently. However, just looking at this I can tell you that you probably did not select the correct category for the web form submission. I would recommend posting your question in its own thread in the express entry section of the forum and you may get some better advice there.