canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
yourshussain said:
Please let me know what was the final result of this post. As i in the same situation, i got COPR and my wife is due on 14th April.

What should i do to get this process done at the earliest. What all doc is should gather in 1 go. Also is that medical compulsory for the infant ? if yes then it has to be done from their proposed center only ? not from any other hospital ?
As already stated in this thread, yes, the medical is required. Like all medicals, it can only be done by a Panel Physician. Contact the VO after the birth to inform them about adding the child. They will tell you what is required and to send back your COPRs and passports.

yourshussain

Nov 18, 2015
As already stated in this thread, yes, the medical is required. Like all medicals, it can only be done by a Panel Physician. Contact the VO after the birth to inform them about adding the child. They will tell you what is required and to send back your COPRs and passports.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Normally how much time does it take to get the visa again.
Actually i have put down my resignation and my last working day is 25th of July 2017, so i am planning to travel in August. I will submit all the documents and 150$ fees tomorrow(13th May), so just worried whether i will get the my babies visa done on time before i have planned to travel.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

Regards,
Hussain Rangwala

yourshussain

Nov 18, 2015
Hello,

I received my CORP in March and my baby was born in April. My agent asked me to prepare all the below documents and then he will submit the docs and add my baby in my file.
1) Birth Cert
2) Passport
3) Visa Medical

I mailed him all this document and he along with couple of forms and $150 CAD submit my baby's details to CIC on 16th May.

But as the per the letter i received with my COPR they mentioned " You must inform us if there is any addition in your family" , I am worried that whether we had to mail them first and inform about my baby or is it fine what my agent did, directly submitting all the docs and visa fee.

I have not yet received any reply, please can you help to clear my doubts.
I am very worried about my situation.

Thanks a lot, appreciate your help.

Regards,
Hussain Rangwala

Reactions: saabg

Aaisha09

Apr 27, 2017
Hello,

We are in a similar situation. We received our ppr and submitted our passports with a cover letter requesting for extension as we are expecting our baby in November 2017. We also submitted a letter from my OB GYN stating my due date. However, Our case seems to have been approved which means we will receive our COPR. Would it still be possible to add our new born later if we do not land in Canada prior to the birth of the baby.

Kindly share your experience.

Will appreciate your earliest response!

arshadasif

Mar 1, 2017
Hello,

My wife is expecting a child next month and our COPR expiry is May 25th. I had informed the Delhi Visa Office about the pregnancy while submitting our passports in January but they still went ahead and issued COPRs.

Now I've again informed them through IRCC Web Form and have also sent emails to administer @ cic.gc.ca and
delhi-immigration @ international.gc.ca asking for an extension for us to add our child to the same application.

Now, if they did allow me an extension, will I have to show extra funds for the child? Bank certificates and all? Also, can we get a visit visa for the child and take him to Canada with us and apply for a PR there? Is it easy to get a visit visa for a newborn?

Thanks

Gypsy149

Jan 30, 2018
Hello,

I received my CORP in March and my baby was born in April. My agent asked me to prepare all the below documents and then he will submit the docs and add my baby in my file.
1) Birth Cert
2) Passport
3) Visa Medical

I mailed him all this document and he along with couple of forms and $150 CAD submit my baby's details to CIC on 16th May.

But as the per the letter i received with my COPR they mentioned " You must inform us if there is any addition in your family" , I am worried that whether we had to mail them first and inform about my baby or is it fine what my agent did, directly submitting all the docs and visa fee.

Regards,
Hussain Rangwala

Hello Hussain,

We are also in same situation. Our baby is due on Dec21 and our COPR expires on March 2019. Could you please provide any information on how did the CIC handle your situation. Any help would be really appreciated.

Gypsy149

Jan 30, 2018
Hello,

My wife is expecting a child next month and our COPR expiry is May 25th. I had informed the Delhi Visa Office about the pregnancy while submitting our passports in January but they still went ahead and issued COPRs.

Now I've again informed them through IRCC Web Form and have also sent emails to administer @ cic.gc.ca and
delhi-immigration @ international.gc.ca asking for an extension for us to add our child to the same application.

Now, if they did allow me an extension, will I have to show extra funds for the child? Bank certificates and all? Also, can we get a visit visa for the child and take him to Canada with us and apply for a PR there? Is it easy to get a visit visa for a newborn?

Thanks

Hello!

We are in a similar situation except that the baby will be U.S. born. We have almost 2 1/2 month time to land in Canada after the baby is born in DEC 2018. Could you please update on how they handled your case. Any help will be really appreciated. THANK YOU

J4yWalker

Sep 1, 2018
Hello,

We are in a similar situation. We received our ppr and submitted our passports with a cover letter requesting for extension as we are expecting our baby in November 2017. We also submitted a letter from my OB GYN stating my due date. However, Our case seems to have been approved which means we will receive our COPR. Would it still be possible to add our new born later if we do not land in Canada prior to the birth of the baby.

Kindly share your experience.

Will appreciate your earliest response!
Dear Aaisha,

I would like to know if you were pregnant when you went for the medicals. I'm in a similar situation. I have heard that if one is pregnant you cannot do the x-ray so your application will be put on hold.

Please confirm.

J4yWalker

Sep 1, 2018
Hello,

Thanks
I would like to know if you were pregnant when you went for the medicals. We are in a similar situation. I have heard that if one is pregnant you cannot do the x-ray so your application will be put on hold.

Please confirm.

rohitcem

Feb 11, 2019
AOR Received.
01-02-2019
@chem14 so how did it go at end? when did u get reissuance of copr's ? i am in similar situation and seeking guidance

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
How much time is given to the applicant to add the newborn baby ? for instance for a schedule A ADR I was given 7 days, its mission impossible if someone is given the same time to add the baby as passport can take up to 12 days to delivered.

richi1986

Dec 16, 2017
My wife had due date of Sept 2019 I got ppr on Jan 25 2019 . On 31st I informed about pregnancy and due date. On 3rd Feb informed sane via webform since no info from visa office. Got copr and visa stamped on Feb 12 now on 15 Feb got request to add baby by nov.1 2019. Can me and my wife travel on current copr? We can have delivery in Canada. I don't know why I got request to add baby since I never requested it to visa office. Only on webform I provided details and asked if something is to be done or is it fine.

saabg

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Hello,

1) Birth Cert
2) Passport
3) Visa Medical

Regards,
Hussain Rangwala
Hi brother

thanks for sharing above mentioned info as sharing helped a lot of people using this forum.
One thing I would like to ask is what happened after u have informed ircc about your baby?
Have you received any update from immigration about submitting docs of your baby?
As I got stuck in same situation as yours.

thanks in advance.

NahlaM

Mar 30, 2022
Hello, I'm in almost a similar situation. I gave birth after getting my CoPr. And since my husband is a canadian, we already got our baby's canadian passport and canadian citizenship certificate. So what do I do ? I don't wanna have any problem when i lamd with my baby in canada.I've sent ircc a webform informing em of the change. But no reply. Please let me know if anyone been in the same situation.