+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New baby born.

Aaja

Oct 13, 2016
Hi all,
I am in Canada, applied PR and my application is in process, the same the application of my family is in process along. Now, I have new baby born.
What am I suppose to do? what is the procedure of adding new baby born? Do I have to contact the processing office here in Canada, or my family to contact the Embassy of back home Kenya?

Please, I am really in need your experiences and pieces of advices.

Thank you,

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
You live in Canada? Your baby was born in Canada? If yes, then s/he is Canadian. It has nothing to do with your status..

Aaja

Oct 13, 2016
foodie69 said:
You live in Canada? Your baby was born in Canada? If yes, then s/he is Canadian. It has nothing to do with your status..
Yes I live in Canada, but my baby was born outside Canada.

I reached yesterday CIC for inquiry of how I can add my new baby born to my family application which is-in process. they sent me the following message.

Add-on - Protected Persons and Convention Refugees

A family member* of the principal applicant could be added at a later date, even if he was listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application. However, there is no guarantee that your request to add a family member to an application will be accepted if the final decision has already been made by the office processing the application.

To add them to your application, you have to download, fill out, validate and print the following forms** from our website (for more details on these forms, please follow the instructions provided in the Guide) and send them to the office that is holding your file:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008),
(If applicable) A new Schedule A - Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669),
(If applicable) A new Additional Dependants/Declaration form (IMM 0008DEP),
and

The add-on request including:
your client ID number/UCI,
a detailed letter of explanation,
a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship, and
proof of payment.
You must write ADD-ON on the forms and the envelope. If you want proof that your application was received, we suggest that you use registered mail with Canada Post or a courier service such as Purolator, UPS, FedEx, etc.

MY QUESTION now is how am I going to fill the forms. Am I going to fill new Generic Form for my self and all the family again and add the new born? Do I need to fill new Schedule A form, and a new Additional Dependent Declaration?

Thank you for your assistance-looking forward to hear from you.