Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
Hello,

My wife just delivered our new child (baby girl). I am (the father the sponsor) and i was born in Canada. In other words, our new daughter is Canadian by default. My wife is (the principle applicant) she sent an email informing the Paris office of our new baby.

They sent us back requesting new documents medical examination and an extra 150CAD. see the exact text below.

"In order to complete your immigration file after your baby’s birth, please note that the following documents are required to complete your application for Permanent Residence in Canada:
- The amount of 150$CAD (if the baby comes with you to Canada)

- forms IMM0008 generic and IMM5406 to be completed by yourself as the Principal Applicant (see attachments) . Please indicate the baby’s eyes color and the height (in centimeters)

Don’t forget to date and sign the form at the bottom of the last page

4 (four) identity photos for the baby
Photocopy of the valid baby’s passport
Baby’s birth certificate where the parents’ names are mentioned.

Please submit these documents with a copy of this message. All documents should be submitted either in English or in French. If this is not the case, an official translation should be joined to the official documents.

A medical examination is required for the baby. The medical form and the instructions will be sent to your attention upon reception of the above mentioned documents.
"

are those requests normal or are they considering the baby to be a non Canadian dependent?

thanks in advance for your help

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
MasaM87 said:
are those requests normal or are they considering the baby to be a non Canadian dependent?
Hi

They have requested information to include the child as a non-Canadian dependent to be sponsored. You need to reply explaining that the baby is a Canadian citizen. Include proof of your citizenship and the baby's birth certificate. I also suggest you apply for the baby's Certificate of Citizenship ASAP.

MasaM87

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
Re: New Baby :) and a Canadian citizen father

thanks a lot,

i did send them an e-mail explaining to them what you suggested with attachment of my Passport.

Thanks again

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
As long as baby is a Canadian citizen, they do not need to be added into app as a dependent, there are no fees involved, no photos required, and no medical exam to be done.

The only document you should submit, is an updated "additional family info" form (IMM5406E).

The office may want actual proof of baby's citizenship, as not all Canadian citizens are able to pass on their citizenship so just including your passport alone may not be sufficient to them.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rob_TO said:
The office may want actual proof of baby's citizenship, as not all Canadian citizens are able to pass on their citizenship so just including your passport alone may not be sufficient to them.
The OP stated that he was born in Canada thus his passport would show that his place of birth with Canadian city. So in theory, the passport can show that his child is a Canadian by Descent.

The only time passport is not enough is if his Canadian Passport list his foreign country as place of birth. He would need to provide more proof that he is a naturalized Canadian and not Canadian by descent.

Screech339

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
screech339 said:
The OP stated that he was born in Canada thus his passport would show that his place of birth with Canadian city. So in theory, the passport can show that his child is a Canadian by Descent.

The only time passport is not enough is if his Canadian Passport list his foreign country as place of birth. He would need to provide more proof that he is a naturalized Canadian and not Canadian by descent.

Screech339
Very true. In that case visa office should have no problem with it, though I assume they would also have his passport copy from original application package they could have looked at?
To be safe, I would still start proceedings asap to get the citizenship info for baby, as Canuck mentioned.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
Rob_TO said:
Very true. In that case visa office should have no problem with it, though I assume they would also have his passport copy from original application package they could have looked at?
To be safe, I would still start proceedings asap to get the citizenship info for baby, as Canuck mentioned.
All I had to do was send in my son's birth certificate, We are in the process of filing for his citizenship certificate. I never was asked to have him added to my application as he is Canadian by descent. I think the officer either is confused on what needs to be filled out or questions the child's citizenship.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
blueangel371115 said:
All I had to do was send in my son's birth certificate, We are in the process of filing for his citizenship certificate. I never was asked to have him added to my application as he is Canadian by descent. I think the officer either is confused on what needs to be filled out or questions the child's citizenship.
Not surprising that they didn't ask if child is Canadian or not. It is not their responsibility to give citizenship to the child. It is the parent's responsibility. If they choose to leave out the child in PR application, CiC will assume you know the consequences of not declaring children in PR if the child is not in fact Canadian. Do your due diligent in making sure child can enter Canada.

blueangel371115

Champion Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
13-01-2014
Doc's Request.
10-02-2014
AOR Received.
17-07-2014
File Transfer...
17-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
screech339 said:
Not surprising that they didn't ask if child is Canadian or not. It is not their responsibility to give citizenship to the child. It is the parent's responsibility. If they choose to leave out the child in PR application, CiC will assume you know the consequences of not declaring children in PR if the child is not in fact Canadian. Do your due diligent in making sure child can enter Canada.
All they asked for was his birth certificate, which shows my husband as Canadian by birth. They asked for it later as a document request as I told them I was having a child and then informed them he was born. So I have been open about this from the get go. I think that's why they didn't press it any further as they have sufficiently verified he is Canadian by descent. Now I've got to send his paperwork off. Hopefully, I won't have as much trouble with his as I did with mine.

I had found out I was pregnant at the doctor's office 3 days after I sent the application in so I emailed them Which didn't amount to much has I had no file number. When they requested more info and new documents in February I also sent a letter with it. Four months later I got SA then they requested Quebec stuff. He wasn't born yet so I had no other info to give them such as name, date of birth or gender. In September, they requested his birth certificate as I emailed them with his info right off when he was born. So I've told them as soon as I could, all his necessary info. It's not like it was a secret. If I had to sponsor him I would.

MasaM87

Jun 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014

after explaining to them that my daughter is a Canadian citizen they replied:
"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your answer and clarification. Please disregard our request for your baby’s documents and send her certificate of citizenship as soon as possible.

We look forward to your reply."

Is this is a request of a document (certificate of citizenship) that would put my wife's application on hold until document received?

The certificate it self may need 7 months to get from outside of Canada.

>>> do i need to get my child a Canadian passport to enter Canada? any other faster option ? knowing that we have a second citizenship that actually requires a visa to enter canada

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013

MasaM87 said:
after explaining to them that my daughter is a Canadian citizen they replied:
"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your answer and clarification. Please disregard our request for your baby's documents and send her certificate of citizenship as soon as possible.

We look forward to your reply."

Is this is a request of a document (certificate of citizenship) that would put my wife's application on hold until document received?

>>> do i need to get my child a Canadian passport to enter Canada? any other faster option ? knowing that we have a second citizenship that actually requires a visa to enter canada
Your child can get a travel document to Canada if you are moving back to Canada before the child gets Canadian citizenship certificate. However there is a limit to that. If the child is 1 year or older (I think it is 1 year), then the child must have a Passport to enter Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

MasaM87 said:

Apply for the certificate ASAP and ask for urgent processing, including a copy of the email request from CIC.

Your child will either need a Facilitation visa or a Canadian passport. As soon as you apply for the Certificate of Citizenship, you can immediately apply for a limited validity Canadian passport for the child.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello Senior Members,

Requesting your advise for our situation below:

Our application was submitted on Apr 28'2014, along with my Naturalized Citizenship Certificate and My wife's Pregnancy Test Report. Our Baby was born, in USA on Oct 28 and our ECAS status changed to "In Process" on Oct 29. We have submitted the Birth Certificate to Abu Dhabi Visa Office (ADVO) around first week of December.

Till date we have not got any ADR from Abu Dhabi Visa Office (ADVO) nor a request for Re-Medical, as my wife's medical has already expired in September. On ECAS this is what we see as below,

1.We received xyz's application for permanent residence on April 28, 2014.

2.We started processing xyz's application on October 29, 2014.

3. Medical results have been received.

We are wondering what will be the next step from the VO and what kind of time frame are we looking at ?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Impresso said:
We are wondering what will be the next step from the VO and what kind of time frame are we looking at ?
Hi

No one can really give you a timeframe. Abu Dhabi has a posted processing time of 15 months, so the average is probably around 10-12 months. This is from when your file is received in Abu Dhabi, not when it's received in Mississauga.

As for the medical, they might request another or they may have extended her previous one. You should order the GCMS notes and see what it says.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
canuck_in_uk said:
Hi

No one can really give you a timeframe. Abu Dhabi has a posted processing time of 15 months, so the average is probably around 10-12 months. This is from when your file is received in Abu Dhabi, not when it's received in Mississauga.

As for the medical, they might request another or they may have extended her previous one. You should order the GCMS notes and see what it says.
Thank you canuck_in_uk - Shall def order the GCMS notes to see what it says. Do you think that the VO may ask for the babies Canadian Citizenship Certificate ? I am about to apply for that as well but the process time for Citizenship Certificate is 5 Month , which is really astonishing.