+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Applicant

_yousseff

Apr 25, 2017
Hi i am thinking of starting up an application. i did a 1 year post graduate program in Ontario province and i am currently working in IT field, which happens to be my field. my work visa expires in october and by the time it expires, i will only be able to get 10 months of professional experience . is it possible for me to apply for visa extension , that way i will have 1 yr of professional experience?. or i can just go ahead and apply ( since i am currently working in my field and its a permanent position not contract )

another question is , when determining my eligibility, shld i consider this as a valid job offer since i am working already? or it does not qualify as a job offer, even tho they are willing to keep me for atleast a year if i get PR...
i havent applied yet, because i need some advice from experienced heads :)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The problem is that if this is all the work experience you have then your profile would be ineligible for not having a year of full-time work experience.

If you're working on an open work permit you do not have a valid job offer, this only applies for those on LMIA or closed work permits who work for the same employer for a year.

_yousseff

Apr 25, 2017
unfortunately no, i am working on post study work permit. .. do you have any suggestions on how to tackle my issue ??. thanks

_yousseff

Apr 25, 2017
i do have international work experience.. and Customer Service experience in canada.. but this is the only professional experience i have, starting January 2017

_yousseff said:
unfortunately no, i am working on post study work permit. .. do you have any suggestions on how to tackle my issue ??. thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Do you have more than one year of foreign work experience in the same NOC code?