+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New Applicant - Please advise

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Hi,

I am a PR working in Canada and my wife is in India at the moment.

She is planning to travel to US on visitor visa for 1 month. She cannot travel to Canada as she does not have any Canadian visa.

My query is:

Can I file her PR application from Canada (Spousal sponsorship, outbound New Delhi) while she is in US? Or, will she need to travel back to India, and then I will be able to file her PR application.

Let me know if this is legally allowed.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can file the application while your wife is in the US. She doesn't have to be in India.

visiting_canada

Sep 3, 2009
Thanks much Scylla.

Few more queries:

1. As I just moved to Canada from US (I was working in the US for the last 7 years), I will not receive my first Canadian payslip until the end of November 2013. I can provide HR letter stating my yearly Canadian salary, and salary slips/income tax documents from US. Should I apply with these US documents or should I wait for my first Canadian payslip?

2. My wife does not have Indian birth certificate. Can I provide matriculation/Class Xth certificate in lieu of the birth certificate?

3. My wife is currently visiting US and will go back to India in December. Can we get her upfront medical done in US itself (DMP)? If yes, where will the Doctor send the medical reports? To Mississauga office or do we need to tell him to send the reports to New Delhi?

Thanks in appreciation.

Regards,