+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

New/Amended PPR from New Delhi Office - People who moved to India during Pandemic

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Hello,

I was just wondering if there were more people who like in the case of my wife, applied for for PR while being in a country other than India (Malaysia in our case), then moved to India either just before or during the Pandemic and then received PPR from the Original country which was processing the application.

Based on the info from IRCC, the New Delhi office is supposed to issue a new PPR so that we can submit the passport in India for stamping.

However at least in our case, until now New Delhi has not sent any communication or PPR letter. They have also not replied to any communication from our side.

Is there anybody else in the same situation ?

Please let us know especially whether you have received any communication or PPR already from New Delhi.

Thanks and Regards,
AHP

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I was just wondering if there were more people who like in the case of my wife, applied for for PR while being in a country other than India (Malaysia in our case), then moved to India either just before or during the Pandemic and then received PPR from the Original country which was processing the application.

Based on the info from IRCC, the New Delhi office is supposed to issue a new PPR so that we can submit the passport in India for stamping.

However at least in our case, until now New Delhi has not sent any communication or PPR letter. They have also not replied to any communication from our side.

Is there anybody else in the same situation ?

Please let us know especially whether you have received any communication or PPR already from New Delhi.

Thanks and Regards,
AHP
Up until last week India office was closed and not issuing PPRs.

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Yes but they have been sending PPRs for a few weeks now and I was expecting them to send out ours too :(

They don't need to 'process' our files, just issue a replacement PPR so that we can submit the passport in India.

We waited so long to receive the PPR (my wife's file was approved around March-April...) and now after receiving the PPR from our Original Visa office have to wait once more for a replacement PPR where the only change is the address of the Visa Office to New Delhi...

I was wondering if there are more people in a similar situation who moved/changed their country of residence to India.

Deepaj

Jan 22, 2019
I applied from Ireland. Got PPR from London VO. Moved to India & the next week itself got my PPR. Have mailed London office multiple times, raise webform multiple times. Also mailed the Delhi vo, they asked me to contact London VO & ask then if I can submit passport from India. Its been over a month. No replies. I'm not stressed out since even if I get my passport stamped, travelling to Canada at the moment is not ideal. So just waiting by.

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I applied from Ireland. Got PPR from London VO. Moved to India & the next week itself got my PPR. Have mailed London office multiple times, raise webform multiple times. Also mailed the Delhi vo, they asked me to contact London VO & ask then if I can submit passport from India. Its been over a month. No replies. I'm not stressed out since even if I get my passport stamped, travelling to Canada at the moment is not ideal. So just waiting by.
Thanks for replying Deepaj. I would appreciate it if you let me know in case you get any communication from the Delhi office. I will do the same. I don't understand why they are taking so long merely to issue amended PPRs. I expect there is no more "Processing" to be done.

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
If anybody else is currently in a similar situation, where you moved to India during your application process and then received PPR from a visa office outside India, please post here.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying Deepaj. I would appreciate it if you let me know in case you get any communication from the Delhi office. I will do the same. I don't understand why they are taking so long merely to issue amended PPRs. I expect there is no more "Processing" to be done.
They are getting thousands of emails everyday and processing hundreds of thousands of applications from India between economic immigration, spousal sponsorship, TRVs, supervisas, PGP, student visas and work permits. This is going to take time to resolve.

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
They are getting thousands of emails everyday and processing hundreds of thousands of applications from India between economic immigration, spousal sponsorship, TRVs, supervisas, PGP, student visas and work permits. This is going to take time to resolve.
Thanks for replying & I agree with what you are saying. But it would be so much better if they just issued some sort of communication about our scenario. Currently we just don't know what we need to do.

I am especially confused because of the Tweet from the 'Canada in India' twitter handle which said that "As of today, November 13, all clients who receive a passport request letter from IRCC may now contact VFS at: PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com to confirm their 2-way courier service. "

Since they say "IRCC" does this mean we who have received our PPRs from High Commissions outside India, can also use our PPRs to send the Passport via VFS without waiting for a new PPR from New Delhi ?

I am just trying to get an idea about what I can do.

AHP

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Please do post here in case you get to know anything.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for replying & I agree with what you are saying. But it would be so much better if they just issued some sort of communication about our scenario. Currently we just don't know what we need to do.

I am especially confused because of the Tweet from the 'Canada in India' twitter handle which said that "As of today, November 13, all clients who receive a passport request letter from IRCC may now contact VFS at: PassportSubmission@vfshelpline.com to confirm their 2-way courier service. "

Since they say "IRCC" does this mean we who have received our PPRs from High Commissions outside India, can also use our PPRs to send the Passport via VFS without waiting for a new PPR from New Delhi ?

I am just trying to get an idea about what I can do.
Believe they mean any new PPR requests. You need recent communication to send arrange the 2 way courier service. You can certainly try and contact IRCC in India and ask to change your PPR to India. There are no guarantees on how long it will take to get the PPR though.

Deepaj

Jan 22, 2019
Quick update. NDVO contacted me a few weeks ago. They asked me to contact my original VO which was Sydney, Nova. I contacted them via webform. Thet changed my VO to New Delhi for passport submission purpose & got a PPR mail last week to submit passport to Indian VFS via 2 way courier. I have contacted the indian VFS. Waiting on them to set up the 2 way courier.

Mail your original VO if you've changed your country of residence. They will do the necessary. It took over a month for them to reply. So be patient. With Vaccines being approved by US & canada, it should be a couple of months before everything is back to normal.