+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never Give Up

Swami45

Jan 16, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I'm Planning to visit Canada. And My F-1 visa is expired, when contacted my attorney he suggested me to use AVR (Automatic visa revalidation) while re-entering the USA and said me to carry my Passport,expired visa,valid I-20 and valid I-94. Are these documents enough for return ?

Experts Please suggest me ?

I'm confused whether to travel by Flight directly to Canada or drive from Buffalo,Ny to Canada in order to use AVR (Automatic visa revalidation), and do we get a New I-94 (anyway) or it is different depending upon the option we choose to travel like drive or fly ?

earliest response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

DHP260592

Jan 2, 2020
Hi @Swami45,

I am under a similar situation. My F-1 is expired and currently enrolled in 2nd MS and on day 1 CPT. I plan to do softlanding on March 2nd. Did you end up going for AVR? Can you please share your AVR experience?

Thanks
Deep

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi @Swami45,

I am under a similar situation. My F-1 is expired and currently enrolled in 2nd MS and on day 1 CPT. I plan to do softlanding on March 2nd. Did you end up going for AVR? Can you please share your AVR experience?

Thanks
Deep
The poster already shared his AVR experience in another thread. It's not difficult to see since the poster had only three post in his profile.