+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Never been to Canada before but Visa refused for contravened previous stay in Canada

njab

Jul 14, 2018
Also want to add that when the time comes for your daughter to apply for your PR, include both the failed refugee application and this visitor visa refusal in the PR application. Do not try to hide any immigration history.
Thanks. I never hid anything when applied for TRV. UCI number contains all information and i mentioned that truthfully. However still i am not convinced that my husband shld have similar remarksand reason for refusal as it doesnt make sense if his rejection is seen individually.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks. I never hid anything when applied for TRV. UCI number contains all information and i mentioned that truthfully. However still i am not convinced that my husband shld have similar remarksand reason for refusal as it doesnt make sense if his rejection is seen individually.
The visitor visa application that was rejected included you.

He needs to try applying alone and there is a higher chance that it will be approved. Also include that previous rejection in the new visa application.

Reactions: Naturgrl and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Because he included you in his application, the refusal reasons apply to him as well. He didn't apply individually.

I understand this isn't what you want to hear, however this is how the process works. You cannot get these refusal reasons removed.

Reactions: YVR123 and Naturgrl

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Scylla,
Just to butt in for a bit ... can you contest a refusal with the web form? What's it's primary purpose please?
If you want to contest a refusal formally, then you need to appeal.

If you want to request reconsideration, then you can do that through a webform but it's up to IRCC if they consider your request (most of the time they do not reconsider).

This is not the primary purpose of a webform. The purpose of a webform is generally to request status or to submit additional information that has been requested by IRCC.

Santy_

Dec 14, 2021
If you want to contest a refusal formally, then you need to appeal.

If you want to request reconsideration, then you can do that through a webform but it's up to IRCC if they consider your request (most of the time they do not reconsider).

This is not the primary purpose of a webform. The purpose of a webform is generally to request status or to submit additional information that has been requested by IRCC.
Thanks so much!