+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nervous ninnie...plz help :)

nomad.ie

May 22, 2013
Hi Guys,

This is probably a silly question but I'm gettin' my knickers in a giant Irish knot here!!!

I'm applyin' for a BOWP online & just reached the photo upload part...I'm not great with computers & live pretty remote so don't have access to all the gadgets!

Have read the photo requirements for the online BOWP & don't quite understand what all that pixels & frame size malarkey means???

I have a few extra 35mm x 45mm pics from London Drugs which I used for my original PR app, can I make a scan of one of these & upload it for the BOWP app or do I have to do something else?

When I scan it from my work photocopier it comes to my inbox as a pdf. The instructions say jpeg or jpeg2000.....em......exsqueeze me???

Don't want to waste anybody's time but my BOWP app is due in 24 hrs....would appreciate any advice!!!

Thanks for reading!

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Just have to change the output to jpeg instead of pdf. If you have the option select "picture" instead of document on your scanner. What brand of scanner do you have and what kind of computer are you using?

nomad.ie

May 22, 2013
Hi Kushari,

Thanks so much for your response :)

I'm afraid I can't tell you the specs on the scanner as I'm home from work now.....hence the pacing up & down!!

We have a giant photocopier at work from which you can scan a doc to your email. Don't know the make etc.

From what you're saying though, there should be an option on this machine somewhere to choose the delivery format of the scanned doc?

If I can scan it to my email in jpeg format (i.e. find a young computer-savvy person to do this!) would all the other specs (frame size, head size etc.) be good?

Thanks again :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are using a PC here is what I suggest.

Open the PDF and you will see the picture.

press the "print screen" button on your keyboard.

Go to start/windows button -> Programs -> Accessories and open pain.

Right click and you should be able to paste.

Use the select tool to select the picture area and then copy.

Open paint again and paste once more.

You should now have your picture.

Go to save as and you should be able to save it as a jpg.

nomad.ie

May 22, 2013
jsm0085 thank you very much, will do as you suggest first thing tomorrow.
Thanks for your clear directions....hate computers!!!!!