+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nephew - Extended Family Member ? Urgent help.

arora.v

Mar 9, 2015
Surrey
Hello,

My sister is applying for visitor visa for herself and her two sons.
I am PR and inviting them.

My questions are:

1. Is nephew considered an extended family member? Because form IMM0006 section 4 doesn’t identify them ( Nephew ) in tabs.

2.Does she need to get anything signed from kids if she is applying via new IRCC Visitor portal because both of them are under 18.

3. Does she needs to request a written authorization separately because within the application it is giving a small tab were it is asking whether that you need written authorization. So if she clicks yes then does she need to take any further action post applying ?

Please advise and thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

My sister is applying for visitor visa for herself and her two sons.
I am PR and inviting them.

My questions are:

1. Is nephew considered an extended family member? Because form IMM0006 section 4 doesn’t identify them ( Nephew ) in tabs.

2.Does she need to get anything signed from kids if she is applying via new IRCC Visitor portal because both of them are under 18.

3. Does she needs to request a written authorization separately because within the application it is giving a small tab were it is asking whether that you need written authorization. So if she clicks yes then does she need to take any further action post applying ?

Please advise and thanks in advance.
1. No, they are not your extended family, only your sister.
2. See link. She signs for kids.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=425&top=16
3. They are not your extended family so can’t get written authorization unless this has changed.

Rph2017

Jan 13, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
05-25-2020
Hello just wanna ask, we have the same application, just wondering if we still need to get authorization and do IMM0006 since non-essential travel is allowed already. Do you still have to do/get that?

Nevu20

May 12, 2019
Hello, I have applied for the application for visiting my sister who is a Canadian PR.

Application date - 24th October, 2021
Biometric request date - 25th October, 2021
Biometrics submission - pending

I have raised a webform for requesting written authorisation letter as well. Does anyone know what's the current timeline for authorisation letter to be granted? Or is it not needed now?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have applied for the application for visiting my sister who is a Canadian PR.

Application date - 24th October, 2021
Biometric request date - 25th October, 2021
Biometrics submission - pending

I have raised a webform for requesting written authorisation letter as well. Does anyone know what's the current timeline for authorisation letter to be granted? Or is it not needed now?
Special authorization is no longer needed. Just wait for the response about your TRV.