+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nepali nurse for FSW-LPN or RN?

Suchana

Oct 20, 2014
Hey there,

I am a Nepali nurse having 2 years work experience in a reputed hospital. Got my IELTS result, overall band score 7, not less than 6 in each band. Have three years PCL nursing after 10th grade and two years Bachelors in nursing. I calculated my points, that reaches overall 68/100. But my confusion is whether to apply for Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse under FSW. Your suggestion would be of great help :)

Thanking you.

pushpita

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
hi there!
well u can apply in both ...just go through the JD in Canadian work experiences and whichever matches the most to get ur reference letters from ur respective employers...u can choose among the both but...i ve a confusion that u ve a 2 years bachlor's degree, did u do the credential assessment or not? if yes and if they ve qualified u as a LPN or RN of Canadian standard then there wont be a problem...but if u vent done the credential assessment then u'll get rejected as credential assement is mandatory now... and mind the CAP list in both of the categories as it getting bigger in both LPN and RN!
thanx

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
Suchana said:
Hey there,

I am a Nepali nurse having 2 years work experience in a reputed hospital. Got my IELTS result, overall band score 7, not less than 6 in each band. Have three years PCL nursing after 10th grade and two years Bachelors in nursing. I calculated my points, that reaches overall 68/100. But my confusion is whether to apply for Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse under FSW. Your suggestion would be of great help :)

Thanking you.
have u done ur WES credential evaluation..

it would help if u could post the break up of your scores here that reaches to 68

pushpita

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Yes my WES is competed n I had scored 73 ... File reached there on July 8th n waiting for the reply from CIO

Suchana

Oct 20, 2014
Thank you so much for your response.

I think its better to break out all the segments, so that you will provide expert guidance.

1. Education: 3 years PCL in Nursing (after 10th Grade)+ BN (two years), and simultaneous BA in liberal arts private (three years).
(Got my ECS report stating: I. Three years PCL Nursing Canadian equivalency: High School Diploma
II. Two Years Bachelors in Nursing (BN), Canadian Equivalency: Diplomac (two Years)
III. 3 Bachelors in Liberal Arts (private student) (Overlaps with BN); Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors degree
(Expecting 21/25 points from my education)...your assessment??
2. Experience: After PCL: 21 months as a Staff Nurse (registered nurse in a Nepal Nursing Council)
After BN: 7 months as a Staff Nurse (Registered)

Job Description:
Job Title : Staff Nurse
Class: Non Officer 1st Class
Responsible to: Unit Incharge and Nursing Administration Chief
Responsible for: ANM and Supporting Staffs

Role: You are responsible to provide direct bedside nursing care applying nursing process. you will give health
education to patients/relatives and help in-charge in managerial work in your respective ward.
3. IELTS: Overall band 7 ( Speaking: 6, Writing: 6.5, Listening: 7, Reading: 8.5)
4. Spouse's English (Overall band 7, with not less than 6 in each)

Under this condition what would be your suggestion? Apply under LPN or RN?

[ P.s. some of my work experience overlaps with my BA degree in Liberal Arts as I did my BA as a private student, which do not require regular presence in a college. Does this affect my application assessment?]

Thanking you once again. Your suggestions would great help.

pushpita

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
well seems u r in a brim..... its 68 for sure...but dont know....m sure u'll be thru CIO Sydney but there are plenty of "UPABUJRUKS" at Visa Office Delhi...if they count the overlapping of ur full time work again as a full time student in the bachelors degree of Humanities then ....it 'ld be a problem.... but still the chances are high this time and no one knows the fast track of the next year and it needs the job offer letter...so i suggest u to take a chance and go for it...as there is very less files in both of ur NOC of Nursing...........keep ur fingers crossed and just send ur files..........as u ve a risk of 2 marks ie. 67 is a pass and if they deduce 1 it wont be a problem but if 2 then its risky....But i think u should take a chance! keep faith and send in ur files...best of wishes!

Suchana

Oct 20, 2014
Dear Pushpita,

Thank you so much. BTW, i am doing on my own. The consultancies in Kathmandu are quite expensive. They charge minimum CAD 1500 to maximum 3000 for no reason. Just some suggestions staying in their office chair. So i decided to proceed myself. If there are critical issues to be considered, please do let me know. Seems you have way better expertise than some of the consultancies in town.

Thanking you.

pushpita

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
Well I agree the consultants r charging for no reason. Yup u can do it ur self. Yes pls feel free to contact me in any aspects regarding filling up n submitting the form. M based in Kathmandu n u can meet me in person if u need any kind of help n u r too around Kathmandu. Best of luck !

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Suchana said:
Hey there,

Thanking you.
Hi,
I advise you to apply for LPN since it has more spaces compared to RN. However,it entirely depends on the job descriptions that best match with NOC since you have not written your Job Descriptions in detail.

pushpita

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
sure check ur inbox of gmail account.. had sent u my contact details...

pushpita

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
u r welcome!

ramesh1974

Jun 30, 2014
I am also a nepali applicant and I also got PER letter from cic doing everything by myself.The Nepalese consultancies are really fraud ,they charge huge amount just for filling forms.so don't go there I know much better than their

Sairam

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
yeah Ramesh jee, I second you on this. Infact they are not needed in preparing our applications since information given on CIC websites is utmost obivious.

pushpita

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
ramesh1974 said:
I am also a nepali applicant and I also got PER letter from cic doing everything by myself.The Nepalese consultancies are really fraud ,they charge huge amount just for filling forms.so don't go there I know much better than their
Yes I agree n when was ur application received there