+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Neighbourhood with convenient public transport - Need suggestions

Sgd2cad

Dec 27, 2018
Hi all,

Since i dont know where i will get a job, i am looking for housing at a place that is conveniently accessible by public transport. I would like to know which area in Toronto would be convenient for commuting to downtown or to any other suburb - within 60 mins travel by public transport (one way). Will it be possible to commute between mississauga and scarborough/vaughan/richmond hills/york/north york etc within an hour by public transport?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Since i dont know where i will get a job, i am looking for housing at a place that is conveniently accessible by public transport. I would like to know which area in Toronto would be convenient for commuting to downtown or to any other suburb - within 60 mins travel by public transport (one way). Will it be possible to commute between mississauga and scarborough/vaughan/richmond hills/york/north york etc within an hour by public transport?
It's too general a question since it depends where you are living. If you are right next to a go-train station - then yes. If not - then maybe yes and maybe no.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
In an ideal world guess would find a job first then move to a location commutable to the job keeping in mind of course what might look good on a timetable with any connections might not be so great during peak times every single day morning/evening plus time to get to/from the commute station start point, Common sense I know but transit as in any city can get pretty busy during peak times.

bishgop

Star Member
May 30, 2015
Bangalore
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2016
Doc's Request.
03-12-2016
Nomination.....
17-12-2016
AOR Received.
18-08-2016
Med's Request
Medicals Passed
Hi, I have a single room in a shared house. We're a friendly Indian couple, the other tenant is moving out in mid-march. It's a main floor house with kitchen, laundry, living area, and located in Scarborough by Lawrence Avenue & Kingston Road that is connected to downtown Toronto via TTC express buses & subway. This is a very popular location among Indian immigrants. I personally love this place for it's convenience to travel and nearby amenities, medical, hospital, McD, KFC, Tim Hortons, Pizza Pizza, Salons, No Frills, Beer Store, Food Basics, Dollarama, and many many more. You'll love the location.

Please email me separately at bishgop@gmail.com. The rent is $815 per month that includes WiFi & all utility bills.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Gopal