Pk09

Jul 26, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
ImmEnforce said:
Hey Immofficer, there is no point....

They will never understand the truth and there is no point in arguing. It's cool right now to pretend you actually know whats going on in the world.

It wasn't a stapler, but a frying pan...I wish I had a taser...
simply nuts. Thats all i can say

I

ImmOfficer

I knew that it was a waste of time while I was typing it... But this subject gets me fired up. I've been in similar situations. I've also been hit with weapons of opportunity.

For all the social workers in the crowd... Since the big bad police are just out to taze and kill, next time a 300 pound crazy person is coming at you, call a therapist and wait it out.

Don't like the police? Call a crack head.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImmOfficer said:
I knew that it was a waste of time while I was typing it... But this subject gets me fired up. I've been in similar situations. I've also been hit with weapons of opportunity.

For all the social workers in the crowd... Since the big bad police are just out to taze and kill, next time a 300 pound crazy person is coming at you, call a therapist and wait it out.

Don't like the police? Call a crack head.
If you look at the video, you can clearly see that he isn't coming at them and that they tazer him pretty much as soon as they approach him.

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Actually if you look at the video you will see 3 officers react. One jumps back. One Pulls a baton. One fires a taser.
So, I am guessing that he did absolutely nothing at all. I wonder why these officers would all react this way.

It's an unfortunate incident but the taser saves lives.

If you have never been in a similar situation you cannot judge.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImmEnforce said:
Actually if you look at the video you will see 3 officers react. One jumps back. One Pulls a baton. One fires a taser.
So, I am guessing that he did absolutely nothing at all. I wonder why these officers would all react this way.

It's an unfortunate incident but the taser saves lives.

If you have never been in a similar situation you cannot judge.
And if you read the link I posted, you see that there is evidence that the RCMP had already decided to apply the tazer before even meeting the guy. The tazer has been abused way too much in the past so police don't have to get their hands dirty but it really should only be used when absolutely necessary because as proven, it can be lethal.

What they should be training in instead is calming people down by using words and only using a tazer as a last resort.

Next time when you are in a similar situation, try to calm the person down in other ways before you grab your tazer. You don't know their medical history, they may have a heart condition or something wrong with them. You could end up killing that person and a mother will have lost a child and children may have lost a father/mother and I am sure you wouldnt want that to be just because you couldn't be bothered to try to talk to the person.

Why is there still an investigation going on if the police were justified in using it?

joogle

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
My appeal to all: Please don't 'politicize' and/or make the death of this individual a racial matter.

I heard about the news the day it happened and been following it. Put yourself in his shoe: He was extremely frustrated, new to Canada and he definitely went overboard. No justification for him to smash things. But at the same time, I really feel bad for the guy who died even before entering Canada. I also think using the taser was absolutely unnecessary. He was unharmed and never attacked anyone. All the officers could have taken him to the ground. After all, one can be absolutely sure that he didn't have any weapons/knife as he had gone through a few airports.

I"m sure had the officers known they were to cause his death, I'm sure they wouldn't have used the teaser.

Again, please use some discretion as we're talking about a young guy who died no matter what language, race or background he belonged to.

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sounds good...take a medical history before deploying any defensive equipment. Sir, if I hit you with this baton will it hurt? Have you recently had surgery on your arms and legs? What if is spray in the eyes with my oc? Oh your are wearing contact lenses. Ok then I will just let you run around destroying things and possibly hurt someone.

I do not agree with what has happened after the incident. I am only looking at action and reaction.

If I am running into a situation wear a guy has a gun, are you going to fault me for making a decision that I am going to use my firearm if I need to? I made that decision a long time ago.

I do believe they were attempting to calm him down. Thats what I see, then he picked up the stapler.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What don't you agree with about what happened after the incident? You don't think there should have been an investigation or what? They should have gotten away with it? You live in a different society from the rest of us, right?

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Ahh...no actually I live in reality.

Can't be more clear....I am only talking about what happened in the specific incident. Action/Re-action as per training.

I thought this was a Immigration Bashing thread....we are a little off topic....

Carry on....

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So your reality is where it's cool to tazer people for no reason just for the heck of it and nobody should really question your judgement about those things because you know the guy was looking at you the wrong way and gasp, maybe he was holding a stapler.

Well guess what, there was an investigation. Why do you think that was? Maybe you and your workmates are all alone in your "reality". Think about that for a sec.

I

ImmOfficer

Leon, I am going to give you a tazer. I will train you in its use and when to use it. I will then hold a metal stapler. I will let you examine it but will not tell you exactly what I am going to do. Since, like the police, you're not a mind reader and can only react to a situation you have to be quick. I will then attack you with it and see if your hug-a-thug BS attitude will prevail when you fail to deploy an appropriate response option, you will end up with a fractured skull because you didn't consider a stapler as a weapon. Bad guy wins, Leon doesn't get to go home and see his family at the end of the shift.

ImmEnforce

Star Member
Oct 15, 2009
Not sure were you are getting this from. "Think it's cool?"

So...Because I can see the reason why someone is Tased as per training, that means I have a desire to run around zapping people for no reason.
Not sure how you can jump to that conclusion. ..

Lets try something.....

Next time you are at work...ask a co-worker to pick up a stapler and to hit you over the head with it.

See how it feels and maybe you will think twice about a police officer using tools in the exact way they were trained.

If the device was not tested enough or should never should have been issued then you are blaming the wrong people.

Edit: Dam he beat me to it....

I

ImmOfficer

Leon said:
So your reality is where it's cool to tazer people for no reason just for the heck of it and nobody should really question your judgement about those things because you know the guy was looking at you the wrong way and gasp, maybe he was holding a stapler.

Well guess what, there was an investigation. Why do you think that was? Maybe you and your workmates are all alone in your "reality". Think about that for a sec.
No one thinks it's "cool" that he died. Police Officer do not like killing people. They do what they have to do so that they're not the ones who die during their shift, they want to go home, they have to go home.

There have been incidents where the Taser was deployed and it was not warranted. This is not one of those situations. There is an investigation in all deaths. Period. Something went terribly wrong in this incident. The use of force was not one of the things that went wrong.

In a perfect world, everybody would be receptive to communication and able to understand each other. There would be translators around every corner, and medical history reports readily available every time police encounter a hostile subject. Unfortunately we live in a far more dynamic environment. Police have to react in split seconds. They do not always have the luxury of translators and simply do not have access to medical records as it is a breach of privacy. I am willing to bet if the police were granted unlimited access to everyone's medical records, there would be an uproar.

The subject in this case had a long history in Poland that certainly contributed to his behaviour. Go ahead and google his name and try to find his criminal history. If you look past all the bleeding heart media reports by CBC and the like, you might actually find some facts.

News flash: The police aren't out to get you. They are simply here to react to what you do and prevent wrong doing when they can.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ImmOfficer said:
Leon said:

No one thinks it's "cool" that he died. Police Officer do not like killing people. They do what they have to do so that they're not the ones who die during their shift, they want to go home, they have to go home.

There have been incidents where the Taser was deployed and it was not warranted. This is not one of those situations. There is an investigation in all deaths. Period. Something went terribly wrong in this incident. The use of force was not one of the things that went wrong.

In a perfect world, everybody would be receptive to communication and able to understand each other. There would be translators around every corner, and medical history reports readily available every time police encounter a hostile subject. Unfortunately we live in a far more dynamic environment. Police have to react in split seconds. They do not always have the luxury of translators and simply do not have access to medical records as it is a breach of privacy. I am willing to bet if the police were granted unlimited access to everyone's medical records, there would be an uproar.

The subject in this case had a long history in Poland that certainly contributed to his behaviour. Go ahead and google his name and try to find his criminal history. If you look past all the bleeding heart media reports by CBC and the like, you might actually find some facts.
Sorry Guys, I personally don't want to "mingle" myself into this discussion but would like to ask, "Why was the subject granted visa in the first place, if he had a criminal history?". Are you saying that the Canadian immigration department, with all their security and background checks failed in carrying out their duty responsibly?

News flash: The police aren't out to get you. They are simply here to react to what you do and prevent wrong doing when they can.

I

ImmOfficer

His criminal history was addressed during the application. Typically criminals are refused, but with the emphasis on "Family reunification" in IRPA, it would have been likely to have been appealed and won. He was entering Canada as a new Permanent Resident. Sponsored by his mother who came a few years prior.