+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Negative effects of previous visa denial on present application

Gammarays

Jun 30, 2014
Friends, I need your opinion on a vital issue. This year, my student visa for France was denied due to some funding related reason. I'm planning to apply to Canadian universities for next fall admission. From various unreliable sources I have learned that this rejection may cause severe problems in my future visa applications. But I can assure this fact that at the time I apply for a Canadian student visa, the problems I faced this year won't recur. I want to know the extent of negative impact that my French visa rejection may have on my Canadian visa application, and how to counter the same. Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)

Fujrawiii

May 22, 2014
United Arab Emirates
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates - Online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
Med's Request
Waved Off
Passport Req..
25-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
LANDED..........
Inn Shaa Allah soon!!!
See every person situation does goes better or worse according to time... I would advice you not to worry much and state about your refusal if you find anywhere they asking for it...

Never do lie or hide, it may lead to life time ban from entering Canada.. so speak true! if it really concern you, you can mention about it at SOP... why was your visa denied and totally leave the decision on the visa officer.. thats the best you can do.. All the best!

Gammarays

Jun 30, 2014
Thanks @Fujrawiii, obviously I won't conceal it. And I hope there will be a field to mention this in the application form. If not, then I will inform about this separately.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Gammarays said:
Thanks @ Fujrawiii, obviously I won't conceal it. And I hope there will be a field to mention this in the application form. If not, then I will inform about this separately.
yup, mention it for two reasons:
1. Telling truth will save you from lot of troubles which lying applicants can be subjected if they come to know about lies/misrepresentation.

2. As you previously wanted to go to France for studies and were rejected due to financial reason, it conveys me that applicant is not really trying to get into Canada on the pretext of studying. ( +ve impact, right on!!)

yes, there is a field in application form with particularly asks about previous visa refusals (by any country) and also, gives you space to put in little explanation.

Gammarays

Jun 30, 2014
Thanks bro, feeling somewhat relieved now :) I've been told that the visa officer will constantly try to corner me on the issue of French visa refusal throughout my interview. Even if it doesn't go to that extent, I guess I'll have to brace myself for a few questions, right?

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Gammarays said:
Thanks bro, feeling somewhat relieved now :) I've been told that the visa officer will constantly try to corner me on the issue of French visa refusal throughout my interview. Even if it doesn't go to that extent, I guess I'll have to brace myself for a few questions, right?
Students applying from India rarely get an interview. don't know much about your place.

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Gammarays said:
Oh yes, I'm from India as well. Kolkata.
many students from India have got visas without an interview. In some cases, they were given a call on their mobile, just to ask some questions.

if you are using consultant, then he/she is just trying to scare you.

Gammarays

Jun 30, 2014
You're spot on mate, I spoke to a local immigration consultancy firm, and they've been trying to convince me ever since that this study permit application process is too complex for me to handle alone. From now on I'll stay away from these consultancies. Really, they shouldn't mess with people's careers just for sake of commercial gains.