+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

needs help to bring my daughter to canada

aj

Sep 6, 2007
hi all, this is the 3rd time I am putting my questions while there is no answer (wonder WHY) , my husband got his citizenship before one year , I am holding pr only, I have a daughter of 10 years old , with no immigration papers at all, I am staying in kuwait, my husband too, no I want to take the girl and go back to canada, my other 2 childs are studying in canada , ] how can I take my daughter , I am fed up from lawyers and consultants who always gives me promisses. I want to go and settle in canada with my childrens what is the procedures, any help or advise that might help , thanks for all

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
AJ, I suspect you are not getting replies because no-one has the answers for you.

Also, you have not given all the information needed to try and answer these questions! If you can tell us the following maybe someone can help: -

Your husband has citizenship and you have PR - did he sponsor you and if so why did he not include your daughter on the application forms? (is she your husband's daughter or your daughter from a previous relationship? If you have 2 other children in Canada how did they get there?)
If you and your husband are both in Kuwait now, are you both re-locating to Canada in the future or just you?

aj

Sep 6, 2007
hi , thanks for yr reply
both me and my husband were immigrants as well as the 2 boys. and I went on christmas vacation to kuwait and I delivered the baby, she was staying with my mother in low . my mother in low died last May. I used to go and come to canada while my husband stayed there till he got his citizenship and after that he left to kuwait coz he got a good job. now he wants to stay in Kuwait while I want to go back with the girl to canada . I feel its too much to stay away from her or from the boys. my husband doesnt mind to go back to canada to apply for her sponsor but he doesnt want to loose his job , its a good one. so can I sponsor her or what. I am really confused. we are holding jordanian passports. and I am fed up from consultants and lawyers who gives me only dreams and ask for big amounts of money. I want the right and legal way. thanks a lot for your help. sorry for disturbing you. thanks again

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
aj said:
hi , thanks for yr reply
both me and my husband were immigrants as well as the 2 boys. and I went on christmas vacation to kuwait and I delivered the baby, she was staying with my mother in low . my mother in low died last May. I used to go and come to canada while my husband stayed there till he got his citizenship and after that he left to kuwait coz he got a good job. now he wants to stay in Kuwait while I want to go back with the girl to canada . I feel its too much to stay away from her or from the boys. my husband doesnt mind to go back to canada to apply for her sponsor but he doesnt want to loose his job , its a good one. so can I sponsor her or what. I am really confused. we are holding jordanian passports. and I am fed up from consultants and lawyers who gives me only dreams and ask for big amounts of money. I want the right and legal way. thanks a lot for your help. sorry for disturbing you. thanks again
aj

You can sponsor your daughter but you have to come back and reside in Canada because you are a PR, not a citizen. Your husband can also sponsor his daughter from abroad (as a citizen) but he has to convince CIC that he will come back to, and reside in Canada once the sponsorship is approved. If he wants to keep his job abroad then the better option is your sponsorship for her.
The application manuals and forms are simple and easy to fill. If you have any problem in filling the forms you can always come to the forum and ask. You do not really need a consultant or a lawyer to fill forms for you.

aj

Sep 6, 2007
Once again thanks alot
if I came back after how long do u think she can get it , if u have any idea. do I need to stay the whole period in canada or I can come back apply for her then go back to stay with her in kuwait till we get her papers
thanks

Canadian-loyal

Sep 13, 2007
aj said:
Once again thanks alot
if I came back after how long do u think she can get it , if u have any idea. do I need to stay the whole period in canada or I can come back apply for her then go back to stay with her in kuwait till we get her papers
thanks
How long?? nobody knows. Every case is individual. But I would say, as a young daughter, the case process should be straightforward. You will have to stay all time in Canada during the process.