+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Needs advice Change of Last name reason Divorce

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Hello everyone just wanted to open a thread as I don't see any that is going to help me, I wanted to change my last name, I have my oath schedule on the 8 what should I do? I want my previous surname appear on my certificate and passport, Tia!

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello everyone just wanted to open a thread as I don't see any that is going to help me, I wanted to change my last name, I have my oath schedule on the 8 what should I do? I want my previous surname appear on my certificate and passport, Tia!
By 8, I suppose you mean Feb 8th. In that case, it is too late and don't have enough time to get your name formally changed at the Provincial govt level. Without that letter I don't think IRCC would agree to provide Citizenship certificate with the new name.

So, only option, I could think, is to get the citizenship certificate with your current name, change the name formally with your province office and then with that name change certificate you could apply for the passport. Let's wait to hear whether anyone else has different ideas in the forum.

MM3

Oct 7, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
PNP
Thanks @wink
I have started getting my Name change withy province Ministry of health and my license. it might just appear on my certificate the previous name which i didn't thought about changing earlier process because it might just prolong the name change. Now ill just wait for the certificate then ill change my passport last name when i apply. Thats what i just thought to do. But if its easy to change my last name in the certificate ill find a way which asking advice if anyone here done it.

Will wait and see. Thank you!

By 8, I suppose you mean Feb 8th. In that case, it is too late and don't have enough time to get your name formally changed at the Provincial govt level. Without that letter I don't think IRCC would agree to provide Citizenship certificate with the new name.

So, only option, I could think, is to get the citizenship certificate with your current name, change the name formally with your province office and then with that name change certificate you could apply for the passport. Let's wait to hear whether anyone else has different ideas in the forum.