+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your suggestions/help

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Dear Members,

One of my friend had visa till july end, but unfortunately he fractured his leg and could not travel.
So he mailed his visa and copr to CHC new delhi in june. But no reply from CHC as yet.
So could seniors please suggest if he will have remedicals or he will have to start the application from beginning.
thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Most likely he will have to start the application process from the beginning. The PR visa cannot be extended. You have to use it by the expiry date or start again from scratch.

At this point all he can do is wait and see what happens. Maybe they will make an exception in his case.

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hi scylla,

Thanks for the reply.My friend just informed me that his online status has changed from Decision MADE to IN PROCESS .Though The contents of inside has not been changed. Can Anybody suggest if they will issue remedicals ? anybody faced similar situation .

My friend also told that he had received information brochure with the stamped passport which said that in case of health problem,he sould return the VISA and CIC will inform him what is needed to be done in this case.

Thanks in advance for your reply/thoughts.

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
desirecanada said:
Hi scylla,

Thanks for the reply.My friend just informed me that his online status has changed from Decision MADE to IN PROCESS .Though The contents of inside has not been changed. Can Anybody suggest if they will issue remedicals ? anybody faced similar situation .

My friend also told that he had received information brochure with the stamped passport which said that in case of health problem,he sould return the VISA and CIC will inform him what is needed to be done in this case.

Thanks in advance for your reply/thoughts.
If your friend has received the stamped passport - which means he has already got the Visa? He can use it and fly in to Canada, right? Then, what is the problem?

NVLN.

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hi NVLN,

He had visa till july end, but unfortunately he fractured his leg and could not travel.
So he mailed his visa and copr to CHC new delhi in june.

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
desirecanada said:
Hi NVLN,

He had visa till july end, but unfortunately he fractured his leg and could not travel.
So he mailed his visa and copr to CHC new delhi in june.
Sorry to hear about it - Bad luck :(

Perhaps he can send a Case Specific Enquiry (guess he must have already explained to NDVO when he returned the Visa and COPR) and put forth his case for consideration.

Good Luck.

Regards.
NVLN.

desirecanada

Star Member
Nov 29, 2010
Hi NVNL,

Thanks a lot for the reply.He had received an instruction manual with the VISA , which stated that in case of marriage or health issue, he needs to return the VISA and the CIC office will instruct him as to what to do.

But the CIC office as usual has not returned the passport to him for 2 months now...So wanted to know if anybody faced similar situation like marriage, accident after receiving the visa and if so ,what was instructed by CIC Delhi.

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
desirecanada said:
Hi NVNL,

Thanks a lot for the reply.He had received an instruction manual with the VISA , which stated that in case of marriage or health issue, he needs to return the VISA and the CIC office will instruct him as to what to do.

But the CIC office as usual has not returned the passport to him for 2 months now...So wanted to know if anybody faced similar situation like marriage, accident after receiving the visa and if so ,what was instructed by CIC Delhi.
Not that I am aware of. But other members in this Forum could comment...

Regards.
NVLN.