+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need your help - Pakistan

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
I need to fly to canada. I can't get any direct flights except etihad to toronto.

I am getting a flight with a connection in London. But my bags will need to be collected in London and re-checked into air canada. I don't know if I'll be allowed to collect my bags in london as I hold a pakistani passport. I know I can transit in london without a visa if my final destination is Canada but I don't know if I can collect my bags :S

Can you guys please help?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Garfieldyo said:
I need to fly to canada. I can't get any direct flights except etihad to toronto.

I am getting a flight with a connection in London. But my bags will need to be collected in London and re-checked into air canada. I don't know if I'll be allowed to collect my bags in london as I hold a pakistani passport. I know I can transit in london without a visa if my final destination is Canada but I don't know if I can collect my bags :S

did u buy two separate tickets? if not then once u check in bags ur home country u get them in canada make sure to tell them ur final destination is canada

Jan 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad - Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
If Allah Almighty wills (Insha Allah)
Garfieldyo said:

Why dont you take PIA ? it is a direct flight and having max baggage limit (2 bag of 28 kg each)

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
Mead - I get what your saying about a single booking. But when there are two airlines involved, some don't have baggage transfer agreements with others so I am very concerned. I was told by the website cheapoair.com that the airlines in question dont have baggage transfer agreements and that I'll have to collect my baggage in London and re-check it. I think the website people are stupid and don't know. So I called one of the airline and they said if you have a single reservation with on PNR number on both journeys then you can check it in till final destination.

I can't take PIA coz its full. I am getting business class and its too expensive. I checked Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi, all full.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Garfieldyo said:
Mead - I get what your saying about a single booking. But when there are two airlines involved, some don't have baggage transfer agreements with others so I am very concerned. I was told by the website cheapoair.com that the airlines in question dont have baggage transfer agreements and that I'll have to collect my baggage in London and re-check it. I think the website people are stupid and don't know. So I called one of the airline and they said if you have a single reservation with on PNR number on both journeys then you can check it in till final destination.

I can't take PIA coz its full. I am getting business class and its too expensive. I checked Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi, all full.
well when u have two different airline normally one is operated by the other so ..logon to both airline websites and check if anyone of them lists both ur flights if anyone does then ur good to go

Garfieldyo

Star Member
Jul 1, 2014
its gulf air and Air Canada. I haven't bough it yet. I need this question to be cleared before i buy it. I'm sure Gulf air does not run Air canada and Air canada does not run gulf air.

Its basically a connection made by the Website. :S

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Garfieldyo said:
its gulf air and Air Canada. I haven't bough it yet. I need this question to be cleared before i buy it. I'm sure Gulf air does not run Air canada and Air canada does not run gulf air.

Its basically a connection made by the Website. :S
yes thats how it is done ....we have jet airways and air canada ..or air india and air canada..or Lufthansa and Swiss air etc its all mix and match