+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need your advise plz !

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
guys i need some suggestion regarding my sis situation, she did a 3 yr post secondary diploma from canada on PGWP now, 1 yr left to expire. has noc A job 1 yr exp so far, no lmia, she is planning to apply under EE, have only 418 points. she is thinking to talk with her employer to apply for PNP. my question is she also did high school diploma from canada as well, is she suppose to count the points for high school plus the post seconday edu? or jst the highest level of education she has? also if she does get nominated for pnp i knw there r 2 parts to the process, first the employer n then for employee then once CIC issues a certificate she can apply under EE for those 600 pnp points. or she should ask her employer to apply for LMIA? since pnp can take longer?

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
dan_and said:
It would be preferable to get an LMIA - it will be quicker and less paperwork on her side (but more for the employer).
thanks! i think its too late to apply for pnp for her no since it will exactly 2 yrs in a month from the date she got her diploma n one of the requirements is u have to submit the application within 2 yrs from the date u were issued the diploma which means the employer part has to be done before that n its taking at least 3 months right now jst for the pre screen employer part so i think she has no other option but to apply lmia now

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
the LMIA route is so ridiculously difficult for new grads that it isn't worth it. (In Alta. and Sask., there are 10k+ people lost their job since the oil price crash. How are you going to post a job ad and have no one replying?)

PNP-EE route depends on your province, some can nominate you in ~1-2 months (MB, NS, NB), BC temporarily stopped, and some hasn't started nominating people (SK) or don't even have a plan (AB, ON).

Paper PNP is also possible but it's much longer (time for nomination + 14 months in CIC)