+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need xpert help ungntly plx

umair ali

Aug 27, 2012
hi i m landed immigrant in canada n recv my PR card as well.. i have Bachelor in Commrce from Karachi University (2 year degree) now i want to persue my education but people said that no uni or college gona acpt ur degree u have to start graduation all over again :'( ..this is very disapointng news 4 me cux it will take nxt 5 to 6 year to complete ma graduation n i feel tht i cant study tht long... plx tell me what m going to do go back Pakistan n complete my degree n come bck ??
second thng is tht how long i can stay in PAk so tht i can return canada wit no problem ... plxx plxx answer n help me out
m in big trouble ..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To keep your PR status in Canada, you must live in Canada 2 out of every 5 years.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - the 2 years don't have to be consecutive.

What you do about your education is up to you. I don't have the experience to comment on your specific situation.

umair ali

Aug 27, 2012
thank you very much .... itx means tht i have to b here atleast for 730 days out ov 1865 days... so if i go bck to my country for nxt three year and come bck aftr three year (in 2016) there will b no problem in immigrnt service...
cux m landed here on april 2012 n still here ..my exp date is 2017...

Sarnia

Aug 21, 2012
If you are already a PR and already in Canada, why would you go back to Pakistan to get a foreign degree that may not be recognized or may not be very useful when you return to Canada? You are better off continuing your education in Canada regardless of how long it takes.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
umair ali said:
hi i m landed immigrant in canada n recv my PR card as well.. i have Bachelor in Commrce from Karachi University (2 year degree) now i want to persue my education but people said that no uni or college gona acpt ur degree u have to start graduation all over again :'( ..this is very disapointng news 4 me cux it will take nxt 5 to 6 year to complete ma graduation n i feel tht i cant study tht long... plx tell me what m going to do go back Pakistan n complete my degree n come bck ??
second thng is tht how long i can stay in PAk so tht i can return canada wit no problem ... plxx plxx answer n help me out
m in big trouble ..
Hi,

Who told you that your previous credits will not be accepted?.Not every university accepts, but there are many universities which accept previous credits though they might not accept your all 2 years of study but surely they will exempt you atleast from some credits/courses .

I highly recommend you to not to go to Pak for your higher studies,it will be just a wastage of time,effort & money .In addition there is a chance that you could loose your PR due to not fulfilling residency conditions.

Now your course of action should be to first shortlist some appropriate Universities according to your location,affordability etc.Then contact these universities to get information about the admission process.Usually the Universities require an evaluation of previous degree/s ,credits etc through a recognized evaluation organization i.e. IQAS for many Albertan schools/universities but you MUST confirm from the particular university about the evaluation organization as different universities accept evaluations from different institutions.After getting evaluation ,you need to submit that certificate to concerned university which will exempt you from certain number of credits according to their policy.

Hope it helps!