+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

need urgent information on visitor visa

anusai

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
My husband wants to visit Canada in June.

Myself, and my two sons are canadian citizens. My husband has surrendered his PR card as he could not
meet the obligations.

He wants to apply for TOURIST VISA (MULTIPLE ENTRY).

1) Does that involve any medical check up??

2) If yes, what all tests will he have to go through?

3) he is diabetic. Will that stop him from getting a visit visa?

4) should my son send a letter of invitation? is that required?

We do not want to go with the supervisa for parent as that has a long waiting time and also
involves a medical check up.

any information will be helpful.

thanks

sshh13

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
anusai said:
Myself, and my two sons are canadian citizens. My husband has surrendered his PR card as he could not
meet the obligations.
He wants to apply for TOURIST VISA (MULTIPLE ENTRY).
1) Does that involve any medical check up??
2) If yes, what all tests will he have to go through?
3) he is diabetic. Will that stop him from getting a visit visa?
4) should my son send a letter of invitation? is that required?
We do not want to go with the supervisa for parent as that has a long waiting time and also
involves a medical check up.
any information will be helpful.
thanks
Hi!

You didn't mention what is the country of residence of your husband.

1. For some countries it is required to take a medical exam if the intended duration of the visit is more than 6 months. You can check the list of those countries here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.asp
That means that if your husband is a resident of one of the listed countries, and he wants to stay in Canada for more than 6 months in a row, he will have to pass medical. If the duration of an intended visit is less than 6 months, then no, he will not need it.
2. Again, the test might be vary a little bit from country to country, but typically it s X-ray, blood tests for HIV, RW and hepatitis, urine test and the interview with the doctor. You can specify the list of tests directly from the doctor.
3. Technically it s up to the VO and it depends on his (your husband) condition. If he will need to pass an exam, he has to get the reference from his doctor, which would describe his current condition and also contain prognosis for the future, translate it in English and bring it with him on the medical examination.
4. Yes, of course. Anyway he will have to mention that he has relatives in Canada and it s better to do the application through invitation (not just the tourist visa but visitor)

Moreover, make sure that you (your husband) will explain the situation about PR in his cover letter when applying for TRV. There should not be any "blind spots" about that.
And also, note, that if you will decide to extend his stay within Canada (for example he arrived for 4 months stay and you want him to stay another 4 months, he will have to pass the medical if it's required for his country).

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
anusai said:

meet the obligations.
Why did he surrender his PR? Reading your previous posts, your husband was living outside of Canada with you, his Canadian spouse, and therefore met the residency obligation. As Leon and others advised you several times, he really didn't need to surrender his PR.

anusai

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

My husband wants to come to Canada on tourist visa as he plans to stay only for a month or two
and get back to the country of residence where he works. He is not able to take many days off from
his work and therefore he did not want to continue with the PR card which demands visiting Canada
often and also I will have to be with him always when he is away from Canada.

Anyways, I am copying the link for the visit visa. It seems fairly simple. We want to apply for
multiple entry visa. What we do not want is that there should not be any problem for he is diabetic.

There is a column which says ... do u suffer from any physical or mental disorder... I dont think
we should mention diabetic patient there. he is only on medication and it is controlled.

please let me know if I am correct.

the link is

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5257E.pdf

thanks