+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***Need Urgent Help with my EE-BCPNP PR file since I lost my current job***

jumpywizard

May 26, 2024
Hi All,
I need urgent help with my BCPNP & PR profile and decisions I may have to make.
I applied and received my BCPNP nomination on Mar 15th, 2024. I received the 600 points and used them in my PR profile, received Invitation which I submitted Apr 30th, 2024. Since then, I lost my job and my last working day was on 17th May, 2024.
I am currently looking for a new job in the same NOC code 21310 (which I used for the PNP nomination).

Can anyone help me with the the following questions:
1. Would my BCPNP profile still be valid? I am on an open work permit (expiring mid-2025).
2. What happens to my PR profile? My PR profile does not have any update on it yet.
3. Can I find a new job under same NOC code and directly raise webform with new offer letter to IRCC once I get one?
4. What if I get a job in my same field, but a higher position (managerial position)?

Kindly help!

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/04c0482c-1636-46c2-bdb0-cf45d1850175/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-EEBC-Post-Nomination-Guide.aspx

The employer and applicant must both notify the BC PNP in the event of any changes in the employment status – such as whether you have been demoted, terminated, laid off, on extended leave, or if the business has closed or changed ownership.
So you are obliged to inform BC PNP.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/documents/BC-PNP-SI-EEBC-Post-Nomination-Guide.aspx
The BC PNP may consider changes in your employment after you have been nominated if your new position continues to meet the requirements for nomination and if you can demonstrate that you continue to have the ability to economically establish in B.C. In making this determination, the BC PNP may consider, but are not limited to, the following factors:

(a) the circumstances regarding your termination or cessation of employment
(b) the amount of time you have been unemployed
(c) your ability to secure alternative employment with a BC PNP eligible employer
(d) whether you remain in B.C. and can continue to demonstrate the ability and intent to live, work and economically establish in B.C.

Additional information may be requested to assess whether the BC PNP can offer continued support of a nomination. The BC PNP may provide you with an opportunity to respond to any evidence or concerns raised during this assessment.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi All,
I need urgent help with my BCPNP & PR profile and decisions I may have to make.
I applied and received my BCPNP nomination on Mar 15th, 2024. I received the 600 points and used them in my PR profile, received Invitation which I submitted Apr 30th, 2024. Since then, I lost my job and my last working day was on 17th May, 2024.
I am currently looking for a new job in the same NOC code 21310 (which I used for the PNP nomination).

Can anyone help me with the the following questions:
1. Would my BCPNP profile still be valid? I am on an open work permit (expiring mid-2025).
2. What happens to my PR profile? My PR profile does not have any update on it yet.
3. Can I find a new job under same NOC code and directly raise webform with new offer letter to IRCC once I get one?
4. What if I get a job in my same field, but a higher position (managerial position)?

Kindly help!
1. You now have nomination and not just profile. You need to worry about your nomination status. First thing first, what kind of stream / pathway you used for your BC PNP? Skilled Worker? International Graduate? International post graduate? (https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Skills-Immigration)

2. You PR EE profile is just fine, right now. If BC cancels your nomination status then your PR application will need to be withdrawn or cancelled.

3. Refer to BC PNP guide, especially post nomination one. You need to inform BC PNP of your employment status change. IRCC? I am not really sure but you can inform them too. Though I think most material is your PNP. That 600 points.

4. You can ask BC PNP about it. Most likely they will be fine with it. They will look into salary however.

jumpywizard

May 26, 2024
@GandiBaat - I applied under the BCPNP Tech program with NOC code 21310 to support my application. I am currently looking for a new job possibly in the same NOC code if I can. Is there a deadline within which I need to let BCPNP know that I am not employed as of now? The link you mentioned says 'as soon as possible' - I was going to inform them with my new job offer letter once I have it.
In another instance, if I let them know right now that I am no longer with the BCPNP approved employer, will they withdraw my application right away?

rafaelnunez18

Nov 14, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
They won't cancel your nomination simply because you lost your job and is seeking a new job, but you must tell them this change, you must also tell ircc via web form, you've already been nominated, got invited and submitted EE profile and it remains valid, I doesn't impact your pr process since you're on open wp it is not restricted.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
In another instance, if I let them know right now that I am no longer with the BCPNP approved employer, will they withdraw my application right away?
There is some grace period IIRC. How much? I dunno.