+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help to get my wife and new born child to Canada

akhildeviprasad

Aug 25, 2017
Hi All,

I am a Canadian PR holder and I got married last year July 2020 and I recently had a baby girl in the month of January 2021.

My wife and newborn daughter are in UAE currently and I want to get them to Canada on an immediate basis. It's getting hard for them to survive in UAE since they don't have a valid residency permit in UAE and are currently staying in UAE based on a tourist visa.

Please let me know what are my best options and how long will it take to get them to Canada?

I know there is some exemption in terms of family reunion, but I am not completely sure how to apply for TRV.

Need urgent help!!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Have you applied for spousal sponsorship? If so it will be difficult to get a TRV. TRV processsing from UAE is over a year. There is no exemption other than they don’t need written authorization to travel. You should be applying for sponsorship rather than TRVs because immigration knows they are not visiting but moving permanently to Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I am a Canadian PR holder and I got married last year July 2020 and I recently had a baby girl in the month of January 2021.

My wife and newborn daughter are in UAE currently and I want to get them to Canada on an immediate basis. It's getting hard for them to survive in UAE since they don't have a valid residency permit in UAE and are currently staying in UAE based on a tourist visa.

Please let me know what are my best options and how long will it take to get them to Canada?

I know there is some exemption in terms of family reunion, but I am not completely sure how to apply for TRV.

Need urgent help!!
Given that they don’t seem to have any ties showing they will return home gettting a TRV is unlikely. You should definitely try to get a TRV but they should return to your home country while they wait for sponsorship if they can’t wait in UAE.

Reactions: Naturgrl