+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help on spouse open work permit application

krishg

Aug 2, 2014
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I am sure I will get answer from you guys.
Many thanks in advance.

I am working in Canada under category A, I have already applied for PR for me and my wife under CEC but I did not get any file number yet.

I want to apply for open work permit for my spouse. My wife is enrolled in 5 years course in India. Course is designed to meet 4 years study and 1 year internship requirement. She has completed 4 years and she is doing 1 year internship. Internship will be completed in June 2015 and then she will get a degree.

She asked for transcript and provisioned degree to apply for work permit. Both saying that she has completed 4 years and she is enrolled in internship for up to June 2015.

Does she eligible to apply for an open work permit while she is studying there. please help me as soon as possible as I need to apply for her file before I get AOR.

Thanks.

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
krishg said:
Hello All,

I am new to this forum. I am sure I will get answer from you guys.
Many thanks in advance.

I am working in Canada under category A, I have already applied for PR for me and my wife under CEC but I did not get any file number yet.

I want to apply for open work permit for my spouse. My wife is enrolled in 5 years course in India. Course is designed to meet 4 years study and 1 year internship requirement. She has completed 4 years and she is doing 1 year internship. Internship will be completed in June 2015 and then she will get a degree.

She asked for transcript and provisioned degree to apply for work permit. Both saying that she has completed 4 years and she is enrolled in internship for up to June 2015.

Does she eligible to apply for an open work permit while she is studying there. please help me as soon as possible as I need to apply for her file before I get AOR.

Thanks.
One primary requirement of applying for a work permit is to prove to the visa officer that one will leave the country after her temporary work is over. You wife is not yet in Canada and your PR application is currently underway. I suggest that you wait to get your PR now, as getting a work permit approved for your spouse will be very difficult.

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hi Krishg,
Can you tell me what documents u added from your wife end with PR application and did you get a reference letter from your employment?

krishg

Aug 2, 2014
I added her passport copies, PCC, birth certi and marriage certi.

Nope, I dint get any yet