cherrydhiman

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
Dear Seniors,

Hope you guys are doing great !!!!!

Need an advise here

I am in verge of getting a PR and I already done with medicals

I applied as a single applicant and still I am single

My concern here is as I am in search of my soul mate and what if after getting a PR card one will get married immediately? ( even I am not sure, when I gonna be )

Does it would be considered as misrepresentation If by any chance I will get married post landing or PR card ?

If yes , then what should I need to do ?

AND

Can one after landing ( without PR card ) can back to home country and marry immediately ?

After what time one can sponser spouse ? ( after getting PR card and post marriage , Can one immediately sponser ? )

Sorry for put a long message and would be really really thankful to guys for feedbacks/replies

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Once you land, you are a PR. You can then go back home, get married, come back to Canada, and sponsor your spouse.

I would wait to get the PR card, since it helps you re-enter Canada. However, you could have the PR card sent to someone you know in Canada, who could then send it to you. If not, you have to apply for permission to re-enter (from some countries only).

Do not get married after getting the PR visa but before you 'land' in Canada. If you do this, saying you are single when you land when actually you have already married, you are misrepresenting yourself, may lose your own PR, and will never be able to sponsor your spouse.

The other consideration is that if you leave Canada right away, go home, get married, come back, and sponsor, the visa officer will question what you are doing. He or she may be suspicious that it is a fake marriage.

So yes, you can do this, but to make sponsoring easier, I would wait a while before marrying.

cherrydhiman

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
canadianwoman said:
Once you land, you are a PR. You can then go back home, get married, come back to Canada, and sponsor your spouse.

I would wait to get the PR card, since it helps you re-enter Canada. However, you could have the PR card sent to someone you know in Canada, who could then send it to you. If not, you have to apply for permission to re-enter (from some countries only).

Do not get married after getting the PR visa but before you 'land' in Canada. If you do this, saying you are single when you land when actually you have already married, you are misrepresenting yourself, may lose your own PR, and will never be able to sponsor your spouse.

The other consideration is that if you leave Canada right away, go home, get married, come back, and sponsor, the visa officer will question what you are doing. He or she may be suspicious that it is a fake marriage.

So yes, you can do this, but to make sponsoring easier, I would wait a while before marrying.

Dear canadianwoman,

First of all thanks a lot for the reply

"The other consideration is that if you leave Canada right away, go home, get married, come back, and sponsor, the visa officer will question what you are doing. He or she may be suspicious that it is a fake marriage."

How can one become stronger in this ? I think if one can show valid marriage certificate along with Marriage invitation card , relevant photographs , would be be fine ?

Also , if u know could u please share any official cic link regarding this situation ?

cherrydhiman

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
cherrydhiman said:
Dear canadianwoman,

First of all thanks a lot for the reply

"The other consideration is that if you leave Canada right away, go home, get married, come back, and sponsor, the visa officer will question what you are doing. He or she may be suspicious that it is a fake marriage."

How can one become stronger in this ? I think if one can show valid marriage certificate along with Marriage invitation card , relevant photographs , would be be fine ?

Also , if u know could u please share any official cic link regarding this situation ?

dear seniors

could u please advise on above

Souricette

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2015
LANDED..........
26-12-2015
Hi

I'm not a senor member, but I'm doing the spouse sponsorship process and I can asure you a valid mariage certificate and some fotographs are NOT suficient proof of a guenuine relationship. You need to send a lot of proof, for example:
- Joint bank acount
- Fotos of the relation (not just the wedding)
- Chat log/Skype/Facebook
- Letters from family and friends
- proof of activities or travels done together
- etc.

Also, it depends of where you are from. If you are from a country where arranged marriage or quick marriage are a common thing, it's probably easier but you will have to explain it to CIC.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Yes, a marriage certificate and photos of the wedding are not enough proof. In addition, if you get married very quickly after meeting someone, you need much more proof that the relationship is real.

If you come from a culture where arranged marriages are common, getting married quickly is OK, but you still need to provide proof of why your parents and your spouse's parents agreed to the marriage, how it was arranged, etc.