+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help for CAQ and SP renewal!!

hashirchishti

Jul 8, 2014
Hey guys, I need some help from the experts over here. I came as an international student to Canada in winter 2011. As my gpa wasn't good for that year as I was new to the system I was placed under failed standing and was asked to take a year off from school. During that time I was advised by the international students office to take to part time courses to be a full time. At that time, it didn't make much sense to me but I listened to them and took 2 part time courses, one a diploma at Concordia and the other one French language at Dawson. After completing my time off from the university, I applied for readmission to my original program at Concordia and was accepted on the basis of good grades in my diploma. I studied hard the past year and brought my gpa above 2 touching around 2.3. My visa had been expired since a year and my study permit and caq are still valid till August 31st. As I had to travel back to my home country, I applied for a visa and thankfully I received it which is also just valid until 31st august. As advised by the international students office I applied for caq too before leaving Canada just so I have it when I come back to apply for the study permit extension. Today I received a reply from caq authorities which is as follows;

Missing document(s)
1. Official letter from the Registrar's Office of the educational institution that you are attending, establishing your status as a full-time or as a part-time student and the number of credits obtained or to be obtained, if applicable (Autumn 2012-Winter 2013)
2. Proof that you maintained medical and hospitalization insurance in Québec during the entire period covered by your previous CAQ for studies
3. Original copy of report cards or transcripts from the Québec educational institution you attended, or certified true copy by that institution, covering the entire period of your previous CAQ for studies:
- for the report card received is neither an original nor a true copy of the original certified by the institution.
- for the report card or transcript received does not cover the entire period of validity of the previous CAQ.
4. Letter dated and signed by yourself explaining why there are many failed or abandoned courses in your marks transcripts or why you were not registered during one or more regular terms.:
- for the explanatory letter received is not signed.
- for the explanatory letter received is not dated.
- for your letter does not give satisfactory explanations.
AND
5. Document(s) proving your explanations as to why you did not make your studies your principal activity during the total period covered by your previous CAQ for studies:
- for the document(s) received do not coincide with the period needing explanations.(Autumn 2011)

For number 1, how am I supposed to prove that I was a full time student? There's no way to prove it in front of my eyes as it was just a verbal statement given by the ISO. There's no attest action I could get that I was a full time student because I was taking two seperate part times.

For number 2, I was medically insured for all the period for which I was a full time student at the university itself. But the year that I was taking two part times, I was not offered any insurance by either of the institutions I attended. How am I supposed to justify this to them?

For number 3, this problem has been taken care of. I asked my university to send the transcripts directly to them and the diploma too. Though my French language only has certificates which I would photocopy and send them.

For number 4, that was my bad.

For number5, again my bad.

I also have asked my university to send them an attest action of 2014-2015 just so they know I am registered but my main problems are issues 1-3 that I asked. How am I supposed to prove all this being in this situation. I guess cic didn't have an issue that's why they granted me a temporary visa to come back but here caq guys are bothering me. What am I supposed to do?? Experts, I need your help here urgent, please!

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

hashirchishti said:
Hey guys, I need some help from the experts over here. I came as an international student to Canada in winter 2011. As my gpa wasn't good for that year as I was new to the system I was placed under failed standing and was asked to take a year off from school. During that time I was advised by the international students office to take to part time courses to be a full time. At that time, it didn't make much sense to me but I listened to them and took 2 part time courses, one a diploma at Concordia and the other one French language at Dawson. After completing my time off from the university, I applied for readmission to my original program at Concordia and was accepted on the basis of good grades in my diploma. I studied hard the past year and brought my gpa above 2 touching around 2.3. My visa had been expired since a year and my study permit and caq are still valid till August 31st. As I had to travel back to my home country, I applied for a visa and thankfully I received it which is also just valid until 31st august. As advised by the international students office I applied for caq too before leaving Canada just so I have it when I come back to apply for the study permit extension. Today I received a reply from caq authorities which is as follows;

Missing document(s)
1. Official letter from the Registrar's Office of the educational institution that you are attending, establishing your status as a full-time or as a part-time student and the number of credits obtained or to be obtained, if applicable (Autumn 2012-Winter 2013)
2. Proof that you maintained medical and hospitalization insurance in Québec during the entire period covered by your previous CAQ for studies
3. Original copy of report cards or transcripts from the Québec educational institution you attended, or certified true copy by that institution, covering the entire period of your previous CAQ for studies:
- for the report card received is neither an original nor a true copy of the original certified by the institution.
- for the report card or transcript received does not cover the entire period of validity of the previous CAQ.
4. Letter dated and signed by yourself explaining why there are many failed or abandoned courses in your marks transcripts or why you were not registered during one or more regular terms.:
AND
5. Document(s) proving your explanations as to why you did not make your studies your principal activity during the total period covered by your previous CAQ for studies:
- for the document(s) received do not coincide with the period needing explanations.(Autumn 2011)

For number 1, how am I supposed to prove that I was a full time student? There's no way to prove it in front of my eyes as it was just a verbal statement given by the ISO. There's no attest action I could get that I was a full time student because I was taking two seperate part times.

For number 2, I was medically insured for all the period for which I was a full time student at the university itself. But the year that I was taking two part times, I was not offered any insurance by either of the institutions I attended. How am I supposed to justify this to them?

For number 3, this problem has been taken care of. I asked my university to send the transcripts directly to them and the diploma too. Though my French language only has certificates which I would photocopy and send them.

I also have asked my university to send them an attest action of 2014-2015 just so they know I am registered but my main problems are issues 1-3 that I asked. How am I supposed to prove all this being in this situation. I guess cic didn't have an issue that's why they granted me a temporary visa to come back but here caq guys are bothering me. What am I supposed to do?? Experts, I need your help here urgent, please!

Messed up pretty badly. Your TRV issuance has nothing to do with your failed transcript, you got it easily based on SP and LOA.

1. Only option: Get an official letter/certificate/transcripts from Concordia & Dawson. ISO has nothing to do with it.
2. Justify your ignorance...you thought you are covered by the school.
3. You must send a "sealed" transcript, not open. You don't have to ask your school to send it directly, make no sense.
4. Failing course isn't a crime. You must justify it.
5. Refer 1.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
I take it in that you are planning to attend Concordia now? Your post was a bit confusing about which institution you initially failed in.

4 and 5 seem like the same thing pretty much.

For 1, submit two letters from both institutions verifying that you were part time in both, that will be fine.

For 2, you're in trouble here. You should have purchased private insurance during this period, it's against the rules for you to study without health insurance. You can claim that you didn't know I suppose but they might not care.

You arrived in January 2011, when did you receive notification of your failed standing and request to leave?

Are you in a bachelors degree program? What's your major?

hashirchishti

Jul 8, 2014
Hey guys! Thanks for your replies.

1) The problem is Concordia Continuing Education doesn't give out official transcripts to students, its their policy. We have to get it sent directly to the institution which needs it. As for Concordia University itself, yes i had sent original sealed transcripts and i don't think they have any problem with those. As with Dawson, I only had certificates of completion for which i only can send photocopies of. Its no transcript.

2) Do you guys think that i should even mention about the missing insurance year? I have three separate cards and dates on both of the older cards aren't very clear. Can i just go on and just send those 3?

I started school at in January 2011 at Concordia University, and I was asked to take a break in July of the same year. I am doing Software engineering(bachelors) and I have two more years left out of 5. I know weird rules, but they assess everyone after May if you have attempted a minimum of 12 credits at Concordia.
Please I have spent a lot here on my education. Try to find me a way out of this :( .

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
Cant you just ask Continuing education to give you an unofficial transcript and have it stamped for authenticity or something? There must be some way for students to get a transcript since it's required for many things like job interviews, applications etc.

If you dont mention about the insurance year, they will send you another notification asking you for it. This will only delay your application so dont ignore it. Send a letter explaining that you thought health insurance was included in your part time programs tuition and that you made a mistake. Dont send the old cards, they are not interested in that, they only requested the proof for your part time year.

Regardless though, you're running out of time. You need to get the CAQ soon to apply for a study permit and study this fall.

If you get rejected for the CAQ consider transferring to a college or university in a different province to start in the upcoming winter term. You wont need a CAQ and CIC doesn't usually ask all these questions so getting a study permit may be simpler.

hashirchishti

Jul 8, 2014
Hey Josh, I did the same thing. I went to them and told them that I need an authorized transcript for immigration purposes and asked them what to do. They told me to print out the unofficial transcript and get it stamped from them. I did the same thing that you said and sent it like that and they still have problems with it. That's why I asked them now to send an original themselves. As for Dawson, there were no transcripts, only certificates of attendance. So what do you think I should send for the Dawson's part?
For the medical, I will surely follow what you said. I don't wanna waste more time on it, it was just an idea that my friend gave so I thought of asking the experts here too. If God forbid, my caq gets rejected, will I be eligible to apply for it again? How will I apply for a study permit after getting transferred somewhere else? I don't think any college would accept me before my current study permit expires. I didn't get you here on this part. Thanks a lot, Josh. I appreciate it!

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
The certificate is fine if they dont have any transcript. Mention that in the letter.

If your CAQ is rejected, you can file a new application if you wish but with this less time left it probably wont do you much good.

If you transfer somewhere else, you can apply directly for a Study Permit to CIC without going through the CAQ process.

I suggested applying for Winter 2015 entry, many colleges and universities are still accepting applications for that intake. You can apply for a new study permit after you get admitted. That means your current study permit will expire and you will have to reapply for a new permit from outside Canada to begin studies in January 2015 at the new university/college.

Keep in mind that if your CAQ is rejected and you feel there isn't enough time to do another application, leave Canada before the study permit expires. If you overstay by even one day, it will be a huge problem later on.

hashirchishti

Jul 8, 2014
Thanks a lot Josh, I will follow what you have said. I have already asked my friend back in Montreal to go and request original certificates from dawson so I could include them in the application. Though, I would still blame my ISO for not getting me aware about not getting the medical insurance when they advised me to join continuing education program at Concordia. Now the only option I have is to include a detailed letter of explanation justifying my mistake. One more thing I need to ask; my passport is expiring next year in June. Will that have any impact on their decision or do you think that's enough time? I really hope I get this caq, when everything seemed right on track after so long, this happened.

Josh21

Oct 27, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Done....
01-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
No, passport expiry wont effect anything. If approved, They will give you the CAQ and Study Permit till the expiry date of your passport and you will have to get a new CAQ and Study permit next year after you renew the passport.

Oct 23, 2021

Missing document(s)
AND

Hi, I need your help can you please help me how did you explained them how you failed the courses. It will be a great help