+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need urgent help. Do we need divorce certificate.

Sumaiya patel

Mar 5, 2020
Guys please need an urgent help / advise.
Me and my husband have applied for PR ( canada) and Alhumdolilha our score is preety good to crack the draw .Now we have a big hurdle coming in the process
I got married with a British guy 2year back in India islamically and also we registered this marraige in order to get spouse visa but due to some major reason this marraige dint worked and I got separated from him through Islamic Sharia thats infront of 3 witness He declared that we no more gonna stay as spouses. I came back India in few months also I got a letter of curtailment from UK embassy stating that ŕeturn to your home country as no more u are staying as spouses.
Now after coming back India I got married to an Indian guy after few months and also we registered our marraige.
The problem is CIC might ask the proof of previous marriage divorce which I dont have because it requires both parties to be present which in my case that British guy will never come to do the formalities. Few lawyers says that Khula nama or a supporting letter will suffice the need
But I and my husband are in dilemma as if how valid it is to do so and Will CIC accept such divorce?
Please help
Will be really grateful.

fsmerchant

Nov 14, 2019
NOC Code......
Guys please need an urgent help / advise.
Me and my husband have applied for PR ( canada) and Alhumdolilha our score is preety good to crack the draw .Now we have a big hurdle coming in the process
I got married with a British guy 2year back in India islamically and also we registered this marraige in order to get spouse visa but due to some major reason this marraige dint worked and I got separated from him through Islamic Sharia thats infront of 3 witness He declared that we no more gonna stay as spouses. I came back India in few months also I got a letter of curtailment from UK embassy stating that ŕeturn to your home country as no more u are staying as spouses.
Now after coming back India I got married to an Indian guy after few months and also we registered our marraige.
The problem is CIC might ask the proof of previous marriage divorce which I dont have because it requires both parties to be present which in my case that British guy will never come to do the formalities. Few lawyers says that Khula nama or a supporting letter will suffice the need
But I and my husband are in dilemma as if how valid it is to do so and Will CIC accept such divorce?
Please help
Will be really grateful.
Hi
I also have the same issue. Me and my wife have divorce from our previous marriage

I am in the process of filling my ITA from IRCC through PNP. I have following queries on filling my E-Apr

1. Me and my wife both had divorce from our earlier marriage. The issue is we both have divorce form from our community priest and do not have any other legal document of our divorce except for a community divorce form and a English translation (by a certified translator) of it

a) Will IRCC accept such a document of our divorce as there is no other document we can provide?

b) My ex-wife name is not mentioned in my passport or any other document. I also have lost (misplaced) my community divorce form and will not be able to get a duplicate copy of it. I cannot provide anything in this regard :(

What did you do with your case would certainly help me

Appreciate your prompt response.

Thank You

Mansipal

May 27, 2021
recently discovered a clerical error on my divorce certicate i used in applying for my PR which is still in progress..the judgement date is accurate but the solemnization date has an error..i ve informed cic via webform and asked my lawyer to make the relevant ammendment with the court..but i wonder how this affects my application?
Hey man ..i just found that too..what happend to you file…you got any issue?? Please reply