+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED URGENT HELP!!! ADDING SPOUSE POST AOR

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
Hi All. I am a CEC applicant and I've informed IRCC about my marriage and they've asked me to send the below documents via email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with file size totaling less than 5mb.
Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP
 Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

I have few questions on IMM 0008 and IMM 5406.
1) Do I have to fill 2 separate applications for myself and my wife or just adding dependent info in IMM 0008 will do?
2) As I fall under Economic class(CEC), if I have to fill out a separate IMM 0008 for my spouse does she also fall under the same category?
2) For 5406, I already filled my family members details during my CEC application, so do I have to fill it again?
3) Can my wife take upfront medical exam?
4) Email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca returned with "Delivery failed" status saying my email address not in their recipients list. How to address this issue?
5) As there are a bunch of forms, documents and relationship photos to submit. How can I submit all files under 5 MB?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Armstrong17

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hi All. I am a CEC applicant and I've informed IRCC about my marriage and they've asked me to send the below documents via email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with file size totaling less than 5mb.
Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP
 A completed and signed Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 by your spouse or CLP
 If applicable: A completed and signed IMM5409 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union

1) Do I have to fill 2 separate applications for myself and my wife or just adding dependent info in IMM 0008 will do?
2) As I fall under Economic class(CEC), if I have to fill out a separate IMM 0008 for my spouse does she also fall under the same category?
2) For 5406, I already filled my family members details during my CEC application, so do I have to fill it again?
4) Email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca returned with "Delivery failed" status saying my email address not in their recipients list. How to address this issue?
5) As there are a bunch of forms, documents and relationship photos to submit. How can I submit all files under 5 MB?

Thanks in advance
Hi, can you give checklists for applying under CEC please? One year experience required or can I apply after 9 months. I am working full time 40 hours in a week on close work permit and my NOC under teers 2. Thanks

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022

Thanks in advance
Hi!

I am also a bit confused.
Could you, please, let me know the answer to your two questions as follows? Thank you!

Regards!

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
Hi!

I am also a bit confused.
Could you, please, let me know the answer to your two questions as follows? Thank you!

Regards!
Hello,

Apparently you cannot send an email to the given email address. Your gckey account will enable a "Upload" button in documents section for you to upload the documents. There will be only 1 upload option, so you have to merge all your documents into one pdf. Hope this helps

Reactions: Armstrong17

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
Hello,

Apparently you cannot send an email to the given email address. Your gckey account will enable a "Upload" button in documents section for you to upload the documents. There will be only 1 upload option, so you have to merge all your documents into one pdf. Hope this helps
Yes, that's fine! However, my question was something totally different.
After my marriage, I informed IRCC to add my wife to my already-submitted PR application. In turn, they sent me a list of documents to fill and send. Below are my three questions:
1) Do two IMM 0008s have to be filled -- one by me (the primary applicant) and one by my wife (the dependent), or just adding dependent (i.e., my wife's) info in IMM 0008 to be filled by me will suffice?
2) As I fall under Economic class (CEC), if my wife has to also fill out a separate IMM 0008, does she also fall under the same category?
3) Do both of us need to fill our own IMM 5669 forms and send? Or, it needs to be filled only by my wife?

Maybe you can assist me @FissionMailed .
Thank you for the help!

FissionMailed

Oct 6, 2022
After my marriage, I informed IRCC to add my wife to my already-submitted PR application. In turn, they sent me a list of documents to fill and send. Below are my three questions:
1) Do two IMM 0008s have to be filled -- one by me (the primary applicant) and one by my wife (the dependent), or just adding dependent (i.e., my wife's) info in IMM 0008 to be filled by me will suffice?
2) As I fall under Economic class (CEC), if my wife has to also fill out a separate IMM 0008, does she also fall under the same category?
3) Do both of us need to fill our own IMM 5669 forms and send? Or, it needs to be filled only by my wife?

Thank you for the help!
1) I had the same doubt and I saw some old posts in this forum which mentioned to fill only one IMM008 as PA. So, I have filled only one IMM008 form with me as a PA and my spouse as dependent. IRCC never asked me about the second IMM008 document. Whereas, recently couple of my friends did the same and IRCC asked them to upload with spouse as PA and them as dependent. So, I suggest you to fill both.
2) Yes, they'll also fall under CEC.
3) IMM5669 should only be filled by spouse. At the top of the form, please check the box "The spouse, common-law partner or dependent child"

Mar 9, 2023

Thank you for the help!
Hi... didn't find any other messages on this, did you get the resolution for your questions? Need help in similar situation.

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
Hi... didn't find any other messages on this, did you get the resolution for your questions? Need help in similar situation.
Hi,

After looking at many threads, I have now sent the list of additional documents that were requested.
Could you let me know your specific questions, so that I can help you?

Thank you!

Mar 9, 2023
Hi,

After looking at many threads, I have now sent the list of additional documents that were requested.
Could you let me know your specific questions, so that I can help you?

Thank you!
Did they ask you for the relationship questionnaire, spouse birth certificate, PCC, medical etc?

Basically, our case is relatively unique. Me & my husband both are currently on PGWP. We had 2 seperate CEC PR files under process before we got married. We both received seperate invites in Sept 2022 draw and we filled out application independently. When we got married in Nov2022, we raised 2 seperate we forms for both of our applications to IRCC declaring our marriage and clearly mentioned that we would not add the spouse as dependent as the spouse has own file under process.

My file stills shows in process... Nothing has moved since bio & medical completed, however, my husband's tracker shows everything complete but he received this notice last week mentioning documents to be submitted to add the spouse to existing application. The list that you had shared seems similar but it had other documentation requirements as well alongwith relationship questionnaire and also pictures of wedding and trip events etc. Basically, our case was so straight forward that we both were expecting individual approvals but now this notice confused us.

On top of it, they need this all to be shared in less than 5mb file.
One of the immigration lawyers I consulted online mentioned IRCC has made a mistake in asking you for those documents as your case doesn't require adding spouse so raise a web form. Whereas, when we called IRCC phone line, the agent mentioned your previous web form was very clear still you got the notice so you should submit all documents now rather than just filling the web form.

Not sure what should be our next step.

Armstrong17

Jul 30, 2022
Did they ask you for the relationship questionnaire, spouse birth certificate, PCC, medical etc?
Armstrong17: In my case, the following (in italics below) is the excerpt from the mail asking for documents. Hope it helps you!

"
... If you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

A new Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)* with supporting documents,
(If applicable) A Schedule A - Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form,
(If applicable) An Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP) form,
(If applicable) A signed Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form,
A copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship,
A copy of the family member's valid passport,
Police certificates for all countries where the family member over the age of 18 has lived for more than 6 months since turning 18,
A letter of explanation, and

If applicable, the proof of payment."

Basically, our case is relatively unique. Me & my husband both are currently on PGWP. We had 2 seperate CEC PR files under process before we got married. We both received seperate invites in Sept 2022 draw and we filled out application independently. When we got married in Nov2022, we raised 2 seperate we forms for both of our applications to IRCC declaring our marriage and clearly mentioned that we would not add the spouse as dependent as the spouse has own file under process.
Armstrong17: Okay, that's good that you two had raised separate webforms mentioning that you two didn't want to add spouse as dependent in your respective applications. May I ask, did you two get response/acknowledgement on the two webforms. If yes, what was it?

My file stills shows in process... Nothing has moved since bio & medical completed, however, my husband's tracker shows everything complete but he received this notice last week mentioning documents to be submitted to add the spouse to existing application. The list that you had shared seems similar but it had other documentation requirements as well alongwith relationship questionnaire and also pictures of wedding and trip events etc. Basically, our case was so straight forward that we both were expecting individual approvals but now this notice confused us.

On top of it, they need this all to be shared in less than 5mb file.
One of the immigration lawyers I consulted online mentioned IRCC has made a mistake in asking you for those documents as your case doesn't require adding spouse so raise a web form. Whereas, when we called IRCC phone line, the agent mentioned your previous web form was very clear still you got the notice so you should submit all documents now rather than just filling the web form.

Armstrong17: After reading the two paragraphs above, the following is what I think you may want to do:
  1. Can your husband reply to the email received by him that asked for additional documents? I mean, does it accept reply? (Most probably, in this case, the email would have come from a "do not reply" email-box.) If he can, indeed, reply, please communicate your concern by replying to that mail.
  2. If IRCC has requested your husband to send additional documents despite your previous webforms, I think it makes sense to send those documents to them because, at least, this way the ball would keep rolling; otherwise, the file could linger in "waiting for documents" status for an indefinite time. My suggestion would be to, definitely, supply those requested documents, plus, add a letter of explanation just at the start mentioning the specific need in your case, citing dates of the Webforms already raised in this regard. Your husband may want to also include your application number, your UCI, etc. as well, that will help the officer in tracing more details, if needed. Ensure that the subject-line clearly conveys your specific need/request.
  3. You didn't tell whether IRCC asked your husband to upload the additional documents via Webform or My CIC account. In my case, it was Webform. Nevertheless, I understand that the 5 MB constraint is very restrictive, and I struggled for around 7 hours before I could upload documents via Webforms. I can give some tips here:
    • Use the following page for compression, as it is very helpful: https://online2pdf.com/
      • Compress pictures to a good extent - IRCC doesn't need HD quality pictures!
      • Compress forms to an extent that they are legible.
    • You can use two separate Webforms (assuming IRCC asked your husband to use this way), if you find that one Webform would just not work with you. I, myself, used two Webforms, and got acknowledgement from IRCC for both, too.
  4. I hope that you are aware of the following tracker. It provides you more information than your My CIC account, and my be helpful to you. https://ircc-tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Not sure what should be our next step.
Hi,

Please see my responses inline (Armstrong17) above.
I hope things get sorted out soon at your end. All the best wishes!!!

Cheers,
Armstrong17

Mar 9, 2023
Hi,

Please see my responses inline (Armstrong17) above.
I hope things get sorted out soon at your end. All the best wishes!!!

Cheers,
Armstrong17
Thanks for the reply.

As for combining the documents, the IMM0008 does not allow merging it with other files due to security password restriction. Can we 1st print it as pdf and then merge with other forms. asking specifically for this form as it has online validation and signature and not sure if this is a correct approach.

BTW, my husband is asked to upload on the portal. Interestingly, one day we see only 1 additional place for uploading, another day it's 2. They have also asked for my digital photo in specific format and size (50*70), so will it not be a separate file? Can we combine the photo with other documents as well?